Autist trying to improve

Please help out a robot. I'm 22 and I currently wear basketball shorts, t shirts, and bright colored running shoes to campus.

I've been feeling like shit about it for a long time but now I finally want to buy some better clothes. Problem is I have literally 0 fashion sense. I could spend maybe $500-1000 on a few outfits but I don't want to blow it on terrible shit that makes me look autistic, because I'm tired of looking that way.

I don't care about standing out and looking amazing I just want something I don't have to be embarrassed about.

Any tips? I'm on the slim side and white btw.

full rick

What?

What do you expect me to say without knowing your body type or what you look like in general

Fuck the sticky.

Pick some colors you like. Stop wearing tees

No more than 3 different colors in an outfit total including shoes and accessories. Make your tops similar in darkness as your pants
Buy whatever you want. Dont be an all black basic bitch.

Dont spend a bunch of money on clothes all at once. Build your wardrobe slowly

>don't spend your money on clothes all at once

Thanks for the help user but what do I do when I only have one or two good outfits and I half to be seen half the time in my shitty old outfits?

If you all of a sudden have a bunch of different shit it looks desperate and bad. Just go slow

Search for "MFA Uniform". They're the most basic, inoffensive outfits ever and most of the components can be found for cheap, plus it will make you look like you have at least some idea of how to dress. People on this board will bash it, but if you honestly have zero fashion sense then it will help.

>" I don't want to blow it on terrible shit that makes me look autistic"

Ok so be sure not to take any tips from fit pics on here

>Stop wearing tees
what shit advice
buy some black tees and some white as well. no v-necks

why are v-necks frowned upon?
the super deep ones I understand, but the regular v-necks

could probably expand this up to muted earth tones, muted moss green looks pretty good with black jeans

idk they just look chaddish
yeah but I was talking absolute basic basics so that user has something to wear while figuring out what next

Just lurk here and try to find a style you like, in the meantime get some basic tees, sweatshirts and jeans. Also get a pair of sneakers you can style with anything like some vans or adidas or something

Veeky Forums doesn't like v-necks, neither do I but some people can make it work

I'm assuming you're the OP but if you're starting a fresh wardrobe you want to keep things as simple as possible.

If you can just master basics that fit well you're gonna look better than roughly 60% of the college male population

ost at least blurred pic, to see whats your hair colour or skin tone.
anyway cant go wrong with black/grey/white stuff.

sobasically. get stan smiths/sambas in white
levis (any tapered fit will do) in grey/stonewash
and buy some uniqlo decent tops, without branding any other okay brand will do too.
you just have decent basic outfit now.

>Implying that majority of college students don't dress basically but well

no they dont

not OP, what are some good sneaker styles that go well with a lot of different outfits?

Learn what looks good with your body type/facial aesthetics. Just because you like the way something looks doesn't mean you can pull it off.

that would be a truthful implication

What the fuck kind of shit schools do you go to

Is this accurate

yeah, it's not Veeky Forums at all but if you don't want to look like an aspie, it'll do

now these are pretty much as basic as you can get and I suggest starting with them

Please tell me this one is a troll

yeah actually now that I've skimmed through those fits, OP should skip this one and the left fit from

So... whats wrong with it then?

>roshes
shiggydiggy

It's hard to give advice to anons you've never met in real life. But stay away from mfa, it's shunned upon here and rightly so, that shit is just so boring that it might as well be ugly. If you want to look plain but still good, try out and stick with brands like Carhartt, Dickies, Levi's, Adidas, Poler Stuff(if you need bags or just Carhartt) and Reebok. Honestly these brands fit almost everyone and you can wear them till you're an old fart. Color combinations are easy as fuck, just stay away from loud and messy colourways(ie: pink, camo) until you developed your style enough to experiment. Stay with Black, Gray, White and Earth tone color combinations. Viola, do this and you're basically a million times better looking than anyone from mfa and 90% of the posters here who wear full ricks.

Drkshdw by Rick Owens
Look it up

go back to r9k you little dweeb faggot
reddit runs this shit now

Bright colored shoes are hard to pull off
Buy a pair of vans old skools
A white hi top sneaker
A decent runner in a non offensive color (asic gel lytes, non autism new balances, or ultraboosts if you got some extra cash)
A bunch of plain T shirts
A lot of people will bash graphic tees but if you can get some hyped up brands or collabs (supreme, CAV empt, gosha) or some cool print that you can pull off go for it. I have a couple HR giger t shirts that I love. No cheap ass Nike/adidas t shirts unless their some collab
Skinny jeans. Easiest to pull off. If your obese lose some weight first. Lose pants are harder to pull off but if you do it right they look good boot cuts are ugly af
Get a decent parka. Something simple. Preferably black.
Get a pair of boots. Not timberlands something sleek. Nike SFB field 8s are nice. So are bundeswehr boots. You don't need this but it's nice
Also grailed is your freind

>Buy a pair of vans old skools
>get some hyped up brands
>Skinny jeans

Don't listen to this wtf.

Also cop a supreme neoprene facemask
And a bape shark hoodie
And some bred 1s

Can I get these brands at just any store?

Yeah, they are easily accessible brands. If you live in the US you can just buy off their websites. Or try flatspot.com(recommended), ebay or grailed(not recommended because faggots there tend to overprice their stuff. You should have no trouble shopping for those though and finding the pieces you like.

Also forgot to add
endclothing.com
menlook.com