Experiment Thread

ITT: Imagine the future of fashion. Either a few years from now, or a few hundreds - or even thousands of years from now.

I'm of the opinion that the best fashion has already been created, the only thing we lack are the materials to redesign them. However, I feel there is room for debate.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2015/02/10/world/when-chemistry-meets-couture/
climawareus.com/collections/all
bodyfaders.com/
bodyfaders.com/shopping/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=29
global.rakuten.com/en/store/noel-ange/item/zzt-z-bo250-6800/
global.rakuten.com/en/store/noel-ange/item/zzt-z-bo250-6400/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cnn.com/2015/02/10/world/when-chemistry-meets-couture/

feminine fits

never really gone away, or ever will...

I guess I feel fashion will change, with the changing of times.. as the Earth gets hotter... perhaps wars... advances in technology might make things more purpose driven than aesthetic.. I think we've reached a point in which any new trend created is really just an extraction of a previous generations fits or a simplification of more complex fits.

unitards made of materials that equalize body temperature or even help you lose weight, depending on the setting.

hinduism will dominate the globe

Boy are you in for a surprise.

>Advances in automatic production
Bespoke clothes for everyone
>3D "printing" of fabric, first synthetics, then natural or semi-natural fabrics, even leather eventually
No more seams, cuts computer generated and stupid complex if you want. Likely to bring rather comfortable close fitting minimalist fashion though.
>Electronics
Lightning. Warming and cooling (peltier elements). Active ventilation. Temperature control. Energy harvesting. Integration of consumer electronics. Tracking and statistic evaluation of movement..
>Mechanical features
Included protection. Automatic movement resistance for constant exercise. Stature support. Mechanical muscle.

climawareus.com/collections/all

pretty basic designs, but it just wurks..

bodyfaders.com/

i also wonder how to make invisible clothes or materials, even more invisible, perhaps making them out of micro carbon or mirror like materials.

this color changing/switching fabric, in conjunction with other colored fabric - same material, could essentially turn an outfit into two outfits in one, which is.. i unno, kinda neat.. especially if it was a jumpsuit or womans dress.

bodyfaders.com/shopping/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=29

but i guess even THIS has an outdated taste to it.. feels like something that should have been let go of in the 90's heh

but, in conjunction with climate changing tech, makes it a tiny bit more interesting.

as you change the climate manually using this tech

the plain cotton or polyester color changing tech will change almost instantly.. well.. in theory.. (?)

designers are already doing the no more seams. see noir kei ninomiya (doesnt use stitches) or iris van herpen (3d prints dresses)

all the rest seems like a weeaboos neo-tokyo fantasy which i think will be grounded on sci-fi

Adidas is also making sneakers fully automatic now.
The rest is kinda on a descending scale of probability. I really like the temperature controlling idea. Not only for outside, but even at home, you could stay warm even in a cold or changing room with minimal clothing. Cooling, for when you don't have a AC (don't laugh, we don't have these things here... maybe we'll get them in the future). Warming, for when you get into a conditioned room and nearly freeze to death in your sweaty summer clothing.
Sensorics... imagine you could track your posture, know when you need to adjust. They say posture is as important as clothes, I'm sure there are people who'd benefit from it.
Protection... there's this head airbag that basically replaces a helmet. Not saying you SHOULD replace a helmet with it, but it could prove useful. New materials also provide protection of the joints at great comfort. And then there's protection of the body against attacks. A semi-hard jacket to protect against knifes and hits sounds appealing to a european city dweller like me.
Exoskeletons, kinda goes in line with protection, but also helpful for old or frail people. Maybe not for the normal ones.

comfort

conservatism

analog

minimal digital

In a year EVERYONE is going to be driving 1992 geo trackers, the official car of Veeky Forums. Buy them NOW before a rusted out Tracker sets you back 20K or so.

screencap this post

Oh god I had one of these, I fucking hate my vitara so much

I meant to say miss, what the fuck

well he's the most handsome man I've ever seen, no homo

w2c ??

Natural fibre fabrics and lab grown human leather.

future

it's for big spendaz

global.rakuten.com/en/store/noel-ange/item/zzt-z-bo250-6800/

red too

global.rakuten.com/en/store/noel-ange/item/zzt-z-bo250-6400/

you can also google image search for

"ZETT Zed jacket long sleeve V neck"

there's different kinds, I've liked those long sleeve baseball jerseys for a while now, but I get em at a cheap ass warehouse in the Cuban part of town in Miami, they sell em without lines or fancy designs.

you can definitely find em cheaper

I wouldn't pay over $10 for one of those

Thanks

don't get memed
ebay for less than $20