So here I am, the year 867. And it struck me.. I should restore the Roman Empire. So now to the question that (may...

So here I am, the year 867. And it struck me.. I should restore the Roman Empire. So now to the question that (may?) justify why this thread is about what culture I should go with in CK 2. Which one, greeks or italians can say they are "closests" to Romans?

Define "romans". If you mean latins, italians are clearly the closest, of course.

Roman Empire, Caesar, muh rhine kind of romans

>Restore
What do you mean restore? Have you not heard of the Eastern Roman Empire? The Byzantines? Constantinople, Miklagard? The empire is still there.

But nothing you mention is strongly related to culture.

Sure, sure could debate the whole lot of 'em east and west were all the mighty lads after the Roman Empire fell into two.. But like.. you know.. the real thing. That Caesar thing.

Myeeaaah I don't really know how to put that into a working sentence. But you kinda get what I mean, no? Which one is the closer one, if you'd had to point out one of the two. Which one has that Roman heritage, greek or italian.

You mean like the Byzantine emperors? Even the city is named after Constantine the Great, the Roman emperor.

Ashenazi Jew.

None, they both lost it since Rome itself evolved past that.

If you mean julius caesar you might be interested in the roman REPUBLIC. Caesar was a democrat, he would never accept an empire! (I'm serious)

Germans as they did historically.

>democrat

You dont even know what that means

Use the character editor to give yourself Roman culture. Eventually it will spread to your whole empire.

Thought of doing that.. and may just.. /shrug

Where is Rome located user? Greece or Italy?
There's your answer

Touché

Blatant we wuzzery. Byzantine is the Roman Empire as much as India is the British Empire.

>caesar was a democrat

what the fuck are you talking about man?

Byzantines obviously, Italians didn't claimed to be Romans because there wasn't a cultural sentiment to the Roman empire in West Europe after the falling of the Roman West Empire, unlike in the Byzantine court and Italian peninsula had a very large influx from Lombards, Ostrogothi and other German tribes who settled there

Fuck sakes, I don't even know what you're getting at. Many emperors from the time of Trajan, Hadrian, etc onward weren't born in "Italy" ( how we view modern day ) at all. The "seat of power" for the Roman empire was split to two halves later. The obvious answer, whatever ethnic qualifications you're going to invent, is that in 867, what was the Roman empire still very much existed as the Byzantine empire.

t. pavlos

Sooooo if you cut an apple in halves and eat one half, the other half becomes a lemon? Sure thing, senpai

If a turk takes the apple half, does it become a lemon?

No, it becomes a turd, because the Turk eats the other half too

That Italian looks classy af

Sorry friend, the Western Roman Empire had it's shit together, and managed to repel the Turks.

>Sorry friend, the Western Roman Empire had it's shit together, and managed to repel the Turks.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Well Satan, he's obviously talking about the
>
>
>