Urban Techwear General

>What is techwear?
We wear clothes to be comfortable, to cover up our shame, and more importantly for our protection. Technical clothing, focuses on incorporating functionality through the use of textiles and construction techniques, this is a very broad definition. When you mention clothes a wide array of different designs will come to mind and it goes the same with technical clothing, although the fashion community likes to lump technical clothing into this one style. This idea that it's a futuristic military style, but that's just not the case. Conroy Nachtigall a former designer of Arc'teryx Veilance explains creating technical clothing as:"It's not thinking about zippers is not thinking about seem tapes, not thinking about ... all these little elements. Those are all part of the end goal"

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
Help expand our new guide to Urban Techwear. Edit anything you see fit that will add value to the page. There's now a brand list to add to and reference:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/s58tce7
caribee.com/trident-32l-waterproof-rucksack
youtube.com/watch?v=eyvnhxc8HtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks guys, for being dedicated to wearing technical clothing. Glad that we have consistent threads all being active and filled to its brim before dying. It's really great!

I'm expecting to go make some bigger updates to the first style guide on tuxbell. Would be awesome if there wasn't just one person tackling the project

Forgot to add the discord to the OP, sorry.
discord.gg/s58tce7

>dedicated to wearing technical clothing.
But from what I noticed, nobody in these threads actually wears this stuff

I just want to see what it looks like on average regular, non-model, non-photoshopped people

The style I actually like, especially compared to the overly hipster looking colorful crap out there at the moment

Also, screenscap with retards, for retards. You can keep making threads, but you'll stay butthurt

who are you talking to?

The wiki is looking great. Good job merging the pastebin with it. That was written by around 6 anons on Veeky Forums, it is good to have it saved in the wiki.
Try instagram or tumblr. Lots of fits there.

new ACRNMxNike Prestos fit from supertechwear

Aren't most threads like these just discuss the style. Hardly see any people actually post their fits but in WAYWT threads
Good fit, think it might look better with black sneakers.

Uniqlo heat tech is now on sale, ten dollars for all Inner wear this weekend.

Fair enough

Yea, see, this looks cool

Is heat tech even good? Might suck having to by airism and heattech. Coping some T-shirts from outlier seems like the more expensive but space saving solution.

I never used Heat tech. So I can't say, I would like to cop outlier someday. But way out of my price range right now as a student.

Great work on the wiki OP.

Feels a tad bit too matchy, matchy. Chaning the jacket to black or the shoes to the same would be better.

New bag just dropped from 4dimension

Available in dark grey with reflective and black. Black's a bit cheaper. nice alternative to ACRNM

Owner of the brand says a new season of apparel is dropping in a few months too

Best fit I've ever seen come out of supertechwear.

Any good waterproof bags, I was looking at Missioworkshop to release they're "weatherproof" still being ipermiable to water when damp enough. Something in the style of MW but actually waterproof

You want something vinyl or polyurethane coated. Anything nylon or polyester is going to eventually soak through. Those ugly RAINS bags would be waterproof I'd imagine. It's sad that ACRNM doesn't make one waterproof bag despite how expensive the shit is.

>You want something vinyl or polyurethane coated
I'm feeling no particular preference, if there's benefits and cons to both I would like to be informed. But at this time I just care wether or not it can keep water from seeping through

Weird, when looking at the product discriptions of the Sanction and the Fitzory VX they say waterproof materials. But the home page for backpacks says weatherproof, did I get the idea of weatherproof wrong? Does it include water?

I really dig the bonus strap attached to the main strap.

weatherproof just means water resistant. it's not shit. a cotton bag can be called weather proof. you want it to say water proof and hopefully with a rating like 5000mm so you know its been tested.

Yea, it's nice they throw in a free modular pouch as well. I like the black one, but reflective material and thread is a cool touch on the gray bag.

This is cool and cheap. caribee.com/trident-32l-waterproof-rucksack

Polyurethane coated it looks like. Just black out the gay ass branding or stick some adhesive Velcro over it.

youtube.com/watch?v=eyvnhxc8HtI

pathetic that a $60 bag out performs a $1000 acrnoym bag

i might pick one of these up in black

Speaking of pathetic: brand new ACRNM pants arrive to their owner with holes in them. This brand has such poor technical performance and bad quality as well. The ACRNM facebook groups and SuFu are full of stories of zippers busting and seams breaking on barely used items. It really is just a form over function brand. You wouldn't even get this level of poor quality control from Target or Wal-Mart.

What pant is that?

Thanks I would look for that when looking for bags
I considers these, but damn that video hurts.
Well acronym is all style first, leaving a lot of possible functions out if it doesn't suit their design

P17S
And just saw on supertechwear, those new acronym prestos with seams coming loose after one wear

what is with this shit? it is literally sweatshop quality. no wonder erolson drives around in a ferrari

Are you trying to look like a hipster Asian? Then you should defiantly get that.

lol k reddit.
a lot of techwear looks use similar bags fyi

Don't respond to bait posts.

only Asians have that look, at least in NY.
Its a casual city and techwear looks tryhard

this is the first 1kdeaths fit i actually like. much less paintball player than some of his other fits where he is covered in molle vests and wearing combat boots

>bitching about tryhard on a fashion forum
reddit.. please...

Agreed, all black shoes would break up the matchiness

Or maybe some khaki or olive cargos. make it more monochrome

What the fuck is a casual city

If you want waterproof then have a look at ortlieb, BBS has a bag that I've seen in a few fits that's waterproof and hes using ortlieb to supply the nahh so he can put hit logo on it and triple the price, anyway ortlieb good, BBS bad

is anyone into more colorful techwear? i'm getting bored of the same colours again and again.

also outlier and casual stuff like that is boring AF.

design > technical fabrics

>airism is all sold out still
>dry ex is still sold out

problem is it looks tryhard and ironically bad. like 80s skiier cosplay or something
it doesnt blend with the urban environment as well
all power to u if u like it though

>it doesnt blend with the urban environment as well

Neither does dressing like an autistic ninja

black and grey do blend in though

Yeah, it's fall/winter gotta wait until summer for airism

>Yeah, it's fall/winter gotta wait until summer for airism

I live in South Florida where it's 90 degrees year round. I really do not want to spend +$50 for a fucking dry fit from nike. fuck me

Yes.
Love it
Looking to add unnecessary color and 3M to everything atm. I really like that stuff, makes you look a lot less like a terrorist. especially since I wear a facemask too

I think color is fine
Really it's about how you match it, yeah you'll stick out, but it can work

>My sister goes high school, I let her borrow my fits. Although fitted for men, she loves the style.
>Let her take what she wants from my closet as long as she asks but the cheap stuff I keep on the back burner she can use to her whim
>Takes her Uniqlo Block tech parka, slim dungarees, and Adidas Radial
>Found out that her high school is doing a black out (where Seniors wear all black)
>Racial things are brewing up and by wearing black you're not only showing high school spirit, but also supporting black lives matter
>I didn't know this!
>She didn't know this!!
>On top of that there's a guy jealous of her pumped up kicks ready to fuck up the school with anyone wearing black
>Got her the hell out of there

cool

Sherpa Adventure is one of my favourite brands

It's all Primaloft Gold insulation in minimally branded pieces that come in a lot of colours from bright to muted.

cool except for the zipper

Wanted to cop. Ruined by Hypebeasts and the resale is way too high at least where I live.
I really really wanted these shoes.

wtf are you talking about stop

Sucked that it dropped way earlier than the usual time on Nikelab US.

they are shit. you dodged a bullet

Well do you mean quality wise? Cause looks would be debatable.

I don't own the thing put there's a post in this thread witha picture of the new Prestos seams coming apart.

I guess I missed that. Well now I have an interesting mix of being glad I didn't get them and still being pissed that I didn't.
It's the best looking sneaker this year IMO. Funny considering I find the normal Prestos okay at best.

It's one guy complaining.

I know but that really does look like ridiculously bad quality.

i remember someone posting in this general a while back who tapered his pants in pic related.
how would I go about doing this? i cant find the original post in the archive

50 for a shirt you're going to wear at least once a week if not more for months is like fucking nothing yo

Is this the ultimate beta /general/?

just bought these pants

thoughts ?

They look great, but if you don't have something to wear with them they'll look stupid.

something like what ?

Think about proportions otherwise you'll look like this

I'd you don't wear it with other techwear stuff you'll look like a middle schooler.

That looks good tho.

lmao that is so shit. ACRNM reached critical mass right before the lunarforce 1 collab. it has all been downhill after there. i mean the qualty was always just so so but now that prices doubled it is just fucked and this stuff is sooo played out without any technical merits at all

its just a pair of prestos with a zip and acrnm branding. u wouldnt like them if they came out by nike without that co-branding
they arent even the best prestos anyway

The taper he made was done on a diagonal (ie front of knee to back of ankle), it's that diagonal that gives that floaty knee and tight ankle you see there and on acronym p10's. Hope that helps

Am I doing it right?

Drop the surgeon mask, going by the picture it looks pretty damn hot outside. I wouldn't be wearing all those layers. Other than that, looks pretty good, my dude.

It's about 75 so not too bad on heat. I'll take your suggestion on the mask. Thank you.

Good start, not so sure about the pants being hiked up to the knee but I get what you're going for

Kek this is some autism

>75
>not bad on heat
what the fuck, how can you possibly stand to be wearing a fucking coat and multiple layers in 75 degrees?
even if the fit was great you still look like a fucking idiot for wearing that in that weather

If it's 75 why are you wearing both a hoodie and a jacket? Plus outdated meme shoes, stupid bunched up pants, and your fists clenched in an autism pose.

Go see a psychiatrist to work on your insecurity before you come back here and post

south Florida boy here and its averagely 85 degrees out here, 90 in the beginning of September, and I usually wear black outer pieces and shirts and almost always black pants and to me the most I get is warm

beaten trainerendors actually look really cool

Not OP but this is the most self contradictory post I have seen on here

I dress like this year round, I know how much of a tool I am, but I just can't fuck with 1 layer. You get used to the heat.

Lol do you not know about breathable fabrics?

Just start working out and you'll feel better in just a t-shirt

I do work out, yet my body cannot gain mass. Noodle Arms for Days

Here's the back too

Eat more

The nikes ids I made and posted last thread came in. They look great in person, really happy with them.

I eat 4000 to 5000 calories a day senpai, I have a hyperactive thyroid

The Frees are fresh, I just personally can't fuck with how the black soles have that gloss finish

naturally the gloss will go with use

Looks good, can you list what you're wearing?

nice one. wish the swoosh was black though

i like the shoes and coat. trainerendors are such a good allrounder

anyone with a pair of acronym pants care to comment on the sizing/measurements? are the measurements listed by acrnm accurate? even the smalls seem very big

lmao those fucking tattoos

Nike Golf Cap
Black Hoodie
Bobby Jones Golf Jacket (don't know model)
Black Joggers
5.11 Rigger Belt
Black long socks (Normally I'd prefer leggings)
Nike Trainerendor
North Face DIAD 18
Clinical Depression