Should I get pre ripped jeans or should I distress them myself?

Should I get pre ripped jeans or should I distress them myself?
If I distress them myself what jeans are good for it?
How do I do it so it doesn't look stupid?

They're always going to look stupid to someone. Google "ripped jeans" until you know what you want, then buy them or make them yourself.

Ripped jeans are a meme. For the larger public they will be "in" and "out" every few years but for me they will always look retarded. Just wear normal, well fitting skinny jeans boii

>Don't buy ripped jeans because they're a meme and will be out of style soon

> Buy skinny jeans instead

Is this a joke?

>he buys pre ripped clothing

just don't

buy some jeans, wear them alot, wash them alot, the rips will come.

I guess skinny might fit ok for some people, slim will usually be better, unless you want your pants to look like leggings

If I do that they always rip in the ass and crotch

Dude, skinny is just as much of a trend as ripped. That's my point

depends how much money you have.

cheap distressed jeans are gutter trash while saint laurent and others do distressing very well. If you're buying cheap jeans you'll get better distressing with DIY, but you likely will never get the same results as a major fashion house.

You need to change yor activities.

I'm surprised the knees of your jeans don't wear out more often XD

Happens if you wear them alot. Working, day to day. All that.
Artificially distressed jeans look really stupid. Buy a really nice pair, love them, live in them. Learn to take care of them. When they break, you fix them. All sorts of repair methods out there. I like the idea of Boro and Sashiko, personally. When it gets that time to fix them.
Bottom line. Wear the fking things and let them get there on their own.

Crotch rips happen from the jeans being too snug. Especially bicycle riding, or plainly being too slim fitting. Puts too much tension on that area. Look up high end indigo jean manufacturers and the patching they do inside the crotch to prevent this. Something like that can be applied to any jean at home if you have a machine. Delays blowouts in the trousers lifespan, though isnt a cure. Where there is alot of tension, there will be holes. Sand and dust especially weakens the threads around seams

Diy?

if you DIY distressing, i highly recommend using sandpaper instead of scissors

I've never had jeans blow out in the knees not even once
Should I try sandpapering them

or just skateboard and fall a ton like i did

I don't know how to skateboard and I believe that unless your really good skateboarding isn't cool once your past driving age

fuck "whats cool" my dude just do whatever you want. if you want to rip the shit out of your jeans go for it, as long as youre not david black it shouldnt look that bad

i still think that distressing them yourself is better than buying pre distressed though

pre ripped jeans are lame as fuck

if you buy pre ripped they will most likely look better

personally i like to DIY though because its unique and personal to me and i find myself wearing my DIY jeans rather than pre torn