What single event in history had the greatest impact on today?

What single event in history had the greatest impact on today?

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/his/search/image/r7m7AifyS6Sy6jCD_a4f6w/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yesterday

The invention of the Hostess Twinkie

Big bang

The Donation of Constantine

Twinkies killed this faggot right here

The invention of the printing press

Most of the scribes were paid shills

Industrial revolution or the invention of the transistor.

Sack of Constantinople

DELETE THIS

The wheel and refining copper and tin into bronze

to what degree do we consider any event having an impact. because pretty much every single event in history can be traced back to another event. :/

Spirit becoming self aware

We look back to see what event branches out the most.

The birth of Jesus probably.

Without counting some pre-historic, Neolithic event....

The "European Miracle" of the 1500s. Also called the "Great Divergence". European societies became leaps and bounds more dominate, powerful, influential, more wealthy, than any type of society that came before it. To the point where there is nothing in this world that is not European in origin, or has in some way been touched by Europe.

Historians are still baffled and can't fully explain it. Something just ticked, and the ball just started rolling.

Nothing was the same, and the world is permanently changed and will never not have some kind of European influence.

Fall of Nazi Germany

god it feels good to be european

i'm celtic though so all my family have ever done is hit each other with sticks probably

Celts did have some neat body painting and music.

/thread

Sorry to tell you but the big bang affected Nothing by itself. What happened before the big bang had a lot more of an impact if you are to believe that it did occur.

I've posted about this before.

desustorage.org/his/search/image/r7m7AifyS6Sy6jCD_a4f6w/

The 15th century was a time when technology started to become more important, being just a few decades ahead gave a civilization a strong advantage. Europe had good farmland and good exposure to old world technology via Mediterranean trade route so it was ahead of the curve at this point.

Ah, but what happened before the before of the big bang had an even bigger impact.

Yeah just look at the armor from the 15th century and compare it to the later years like the 18th century. Much better craftsmanship and design.

Well, as far as things are understood now, nothing happened "before" the big bang, as things such as spacetime and laws of thermodynamics (and thus causality) weren't in place yet.

So are you saying that nothing existed that doesn't make sense tho.

>history

my birth

Two events: The agricultural revolution, and the industrial revolution.

Defeat of Carthage in the Second Punic War

The invention of writing, as it is when story actually started, almost anything you say will have a previous event allowing it, so we should go to the first event in history.

no, I'm saying time didn't exist, so in terms of OP (an event in history), the big bang is as early as you can go and it literally had an effect on everything

One word:
>toilet

It was a result of Hannibal failing to sack Rome because of no support. Carthage deserved what they got.

The birth of Adolf Hitler

>white people invented writing

Back to /pol/ you go.

Where did you get race out of any of his rambling?

Not really, It could have waited a few quadtrillion years to detonate and the universe would look relatively similar, a giant meaningless clusterfuck.

I'd say the previous merging of the milky way was the biggest event in history, since that created earth and gave it a sustainable rotation.

SHARINGA

You know what the fuck we mean bitch boy. In all events, catalogued or not.

It was a sandnigger, now go away.

Fire or the wheel, you dummies.
300 B.C
>how can we improve this
1400 A.D
>how can we improve this
2016 A.D
>how can we improve this
220 P.T (Post Trump)
>how can we improve this

God creating life. [spoiler] first molecules who made self replicating structure [/spoiler]