I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!

I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!

YOUR new empire?

Wasn't this a scene from Star Wars episode 3? A convo between obi wan and anakin?

This doesn't really work 2bh since Augustus doesn't get horribly burned by lava after a duel with his former best friend.

No what are you talking about this is a direct quotation from a dialogue between Augustus and Mark Antony.

No. This actually happened.

Don't lecture me, Antony! I see through the lies of the Senate. I do not fear the principate as you do!

Little punk who rode on Ceasars coattails

Fuck off Brutus

I have read a tablet, describing him...
... killing younglings

>All of my blood relatives have died mysteriously, better make my wife's son heir lol

Don't make me proscribe you!

I love you, like a brother

You were meant to be bring stability to the republic, not destroy it!

I hate you!

But the Empire is evil!

From my point of view, it is the Optimates who are evil!

*wookie noises*

When I was made to read the Shakespeare play in high school, I never understood that Caesar and Brutus were like father and son. I didn't understand the politics of anything.

The thought of Caesar seeing Brutus holding a knife, feeling betrayed by a man he loves like family in his final moments as he utters the infamous line, et tu, Brute?

And when he sees that yes, it is part of Brutus's design that he should die for the good of the many, he gives in to Brutus's judgment. "Then fall, Caesar," - a reconciliation, trusting in Brutus's judgement even if it meant his own death. Not like he could stop it by that point, but basically accepting Brutus's betrayal and still loving him the same.

That line fucking guts me to the core.

and in order to ensure the security and continuing stability the republic will be reorganized into THE FIRST ROMAN EMPIRE for a safe and securer society!

I am the Senate!

So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

Yeah because the Roman mob and barbarian subjects were so free under an oligarchy. Face it, the empire just meant that instead of a few men it was one man.

Not yet.

It's treason then
AHHUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Give up your power, tyrant!

>tfw no caesar spins

It's over Varus, I have the high ground!

You will not stop me. Octavian will become more powerful than either of us!
>Ignights lightgladius

You underestimate my legions.

I bet you also believe Livia poisoned a 75 year old man

>man I wish I could figure out why my appointed successors keep dying, even though most of them are young men in the prime of life
>I don't like that Tiberius guy very much but I guess I don't have a choice at this point
>he somehow hasn't died. weird.

If you're not with me, then you're my enemy.

>I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!

For now.

>Augustus having heirs that survive
>Not having Livia kill everyone
>Not having Livia kill you

My augury tells me that Jupiter is going to curse you and give that psychotic fuck Tiberius the purple. Then Caligula will get it. It will be great...

Germanicus is a hearty man and has the love of the people. What are you talking about pleb?

G-grandfather, I-I-I-I-I have some b-b-books I'd l-like to p-p-perform a reading for, w-w-w-w-would you l-l-like to a-attend?

I seem alright.

Bucephalus! No!

No. ;-;

>this thread

Proofs?

Well not to be a "bummer" but he probably didn't say it or anything at all for that matter

"Ouch!"
-Caesar

Fuck off C-C-Claudius

republic credits are no good here!

A conversation for plebeians are not mean't for the Forum. Move somewhere else.

He has control of the senate and the plebs! He's too dangerous to be kept alive!

Meesa propose that the Senate grant immediate emergency powers to the former proconsul of Gaul.

>psychotic fuck Tiberius

What did I ever so wrong?

Don't worry about it, I'll stay at my villa and let Sejanus run Rome. He seems like an honest guy. What could go wrong?

I got the true son of Germanicus, Caligula ready to be heir. I'm sure butchering his family in show trials didn't fuck him up too badly.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm done with these maidens and fresh young boys and there is a cliff out back I need to show them.

Excellent book on Germanicus.