Uni thread fall midterms edition

uni thread fall midterms edition

Other urls found in this thread:

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2017/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Which hall? I'm in Gabelli

no one is Veeky Forums here, not even the asians

>tfw go to shitty uni because I go to a progressive/contemporary satellite program in the main city so not around any Veeky Forums

I saw some older guy in a really good outfit today, a bit trad ofc. But the inoffensive academic-core some people seem to pull off is definitely better than these awful streetwear-influences.

Who /minnesota/ here? I know there's a bunch of you.

Auggie here

Me. How's it going?

Pls be in Geneseo. Everyone here dresses like shit.

Oh word, one of my friends goes over there to party from time to time
pretty good, how are you?

Can we get something like this, but with most Veeky Forums colleges?

I'v seen one Veeky Forums asian and nothing else since i got here

>UT most desireable in Texas
>not Rice

speaking of which I need to find Veeky Forums friends here.

Any UK man in? Need a bit of advice.

I currently have a place at Leicester for Economics for 2017 (I'm taking a gap year).

However for some reason I'm not too sure about it. It was never really my first choice, Manchester was but they never gave me an offer because my teachers back in sixth form gave me shitty predicted grades for some reason. Something like CCD so Manchester were never gonna give me a chance. Ended up getting BBB in my exams.

Considering withdrawing my place at Leicester and reapplying for Manchester but it could be a bit risky as Manny is a top university (entry requirements are AAB) and they may not take people who have dropped 2 grades below their requirements, although it's possible.

So I've been doing research on Sheffield. Seems like a nice bigger city with apparently big nightlife, campus seems nice, accommodation looks really nice too. So it's what I'm looking for. Apparently they're also really lenient and will take people who drop a few grades below their entry requirements, which means I have a solid chance of getting in if I reapply.

Only issue is I dunno if I would fit in there. I'm a black lad from down in Southampton. The culture here, at least where I'm at, is like a smaller version of London. Standard London urban culture. I listen to hip-hop, R&B, grime music, etc. Stereotypical black guy really except I'm obviously not a roadman and don't associate with roadmanz. I'm nervous that I won't fit in at Sheffield. I'm worried it's gonna be a bunch of posh nerdy boring twats (as it's a Russell Group uni) plus a bunch of stereotypical white Northerner lads who eat shepherds pie and listen to rock music. And that the clubs are gonna be made for these types of people.

But other than that the uni seems really nice and I'm definitely considering reapplying for a place there. If my fears can be quelled I'd definitely give it a go.

oregon state most Veeky Forums oregon university

Only Veeky Forums people are internationals. Then again I live on the shut in campus.

ww@? lots of bizarre quirkcore dummies

what do you mean, Camden?

Busch

I studied at Manchester for a bit, didn't like it personally and moved to study in a Uni closer to home that nobody's ever heard of but still highly rated for my course somehow. I've been to Sheffield quite a bit since I left Manchester, I prefer it, like you said it's got a nice campus and really good accommodation. I don't think you'll have a problem fitting in once you find the right group of people, especially since there are a lot of students from places like London and Southampton, who in my experience go there because it's Russell Group but weren't always dull bastards.

Don't worry about the fact that it's a Russell group uni, I'd say it doesn't make a difference for most applicants, and Sheffield (or Leicester for that matter) aren't stereotypically posh unis - I'm talking Ed, St. A, Exeter, Durham etc. Not everybody has a choice of where to go, so different types of people (culturally, ethnically etc.) just end up everywhere.

Remember, universities have huge numbers or students so there's always a chance that you'll find your niche. I mean, Aberdeen uni has a grime and hip hip society for god's sake.

Most big cities have decent clubs and your music is hugely popular right now, unless you end up somewhere tiny you can guarantee you'll find the right ones. And the chances are you'll be spending more time in the shitty stereotypically student ones.

Basically, your anxieties are unfounded. The bigger the city, the better the nightlife so if that's a deal breaker give Manc a go.

me too whats good

ayy what's up. I've been enjoying the weather lately, wish we had a few more storms tho. currently waiting for some clothes to come in the mail. hbu?

that's cos there fucking nerds lol

University of Montana is the most Veeky Forums Montana college. I am a student at Montana State and it is very bad fashion-wise.

Are there loads of cross dressers? I go to SAIC and it seems like almost everyone is either tranny, genderqueer, or whatever. Anyways, as a cis white male it makes it super easy for me to get pussy so i can't complain too much

>St. John's
No, it's pretty much spoilt brat-core with all the internationals

how does this choose a school for each state

Gotta go back to nyc for winter clothes. It's getting down to the 40's already..

any ottawa fags in here

kings college london

anyone in london for uni in general?

Where are my UVM people? I need some friends

my friend goes there she's in law she's really hot be her friend for me please she's doesn't have many friends

the rotunda is pretty Veeky Forums. getting ready to stunt with some sick fall fits.

Most suicidal school in the nation represent

state capital represent though

attempting to transfer here in the spring any tips on getting in?

is this bait user

ayyyyyy, someone with an arts school. I'm in engineering at Cooper but my close friends are arts, a lot of students picked between here and RISD.

I'd also describe fashion here as bizarre and quirky. A lot of people who dress like nylon mag photoshoots. I like it, but art upperclassmen can be hilariously pretentious.

i hate it

>There are two ivies in NY
>One of those is Columbia
>NYU

exist

>pennstate and not Upenn or Carnegie Mellon

this is so bad wow

line dance gang ww@

Asians here love being effay

Love Boston, might move there one day who knows

>UW and not WSU

wtf

sup brah what faculty

>check em pls
where are you from user?

Dont come, already too many of you fucking shines everywhere

I'm in 2 faculties arts and social sciences

WSU cool kids go to Moscow

It's alright in terms of fashion. I saw an Asian guy with those shorts that say CDG a bunch and had a good laugh.

I'm pretty sure they're going by the number of applications. Schools like Rice and Columbia are saught after, but I don't think they have a lot of applicants because they're known to be very selective.

This
nyu standards have plummeted, go to columbia instead

any hoyas here?

Im sitting in a lab room in Regents

someone save me from this shit hole please

who else goes to the biggest party school here?

btw i've actually never been to a party the entire time i've been here

doesn't it suck here?

or is it just me.

>btw i've actually never been to a party the entire time i've been here

now, THAT'S effay. well done

worth transferring here?

the epitome of
>upper middle class
>white
>southern prep

lol im from long island, do you happen to know a 2/c named schnabel?

Im at Rutgers Newark

not him but also going here. From what school and what do you want to study?

Hmm, what do you not like in particular?

There are certainly some things I don't like about Rice but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe its the student body. Not sure.

ayy me too

major? year?

Fine thanks. Liking my classes, liking my work and shit. Life's good. Just wish I had more money

Livi us pretty effay

Hell yeah.
Can't disagree with but the law school always has the best fits.

Keele?

Sounds about right. What year/major are you?

what do you think about Times world university rankings? bullshit or no?

timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2017/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank_label/sort_order/asc/cols/rank_only

This is like calling the 50 biggest whores in the country the most desirable women.

>Be Amerifat
>Pay 10000$/Semester for shitty Uni to earn 1500$

lol truu

>tfw I got weeks between seeing anyone who's properly Veeky Forums, or any attractive guys at all †bh

I go to UF and this is bullshit. UF is more desirable than UCF, and FSU and a much bigger party school than UF.

Which county did you go to high school in? Palm Beach?

i really like when i see champion jp or snow peak on campus. sometimes i see jp keen exclusives which is rad too becuase its asperger core

Anyone? Looking to study Journalism here

There's a decent sized nig population at the uni?

medeiros come kick my freshman ass

>Oxford above Cambridge
>even asking what people think about it

I Know a 3/c schnabel and a 1/c schnable, although you are referring to a girl right? she had to redo mug year so she is a 3/c right now. Im pretty good friends with her

Sophomore/econ bs hbu

where are my other /McGill/ peoples at?

Its already cold as fuck here at night, but at least I can wear my sick fleeces and jackets now

when is the meetup at Dispatch gonna be?

McGill here! Why are we meeting at dispatch?

>tfw I accidentally left all my sundresses at home
>tfw parents mailed them to me but by then it was too cold to wear them

here, first year?

>oxford above x
you can just insert your favourite uni (unless its oxford) for x and just post a smug comment. give a legit reason why cambridge is better than oxford.

im sure they have put more thought into it that you have

U OF ARIZONA

p.s. apparently we beat you at maths. wtf, i thought maths was your speciality.

maybe theyre on oxfords dick too sore, then

loyola new orleans
please let there be someone here that is Veeky Forums

I'm in 3rd year, clubs are shit desu but city is nice and everything is very central, I've made basically no friends but I don't think that's related to the uni itself

Are you in Avid Listeners?

Come to the next meeting of not

8pm in stokes s115 on Thursday

I'm Nick

>anglos already approaching midterms
>my school year starts on Monday

Alfred u here. whats up

im going to cals next year how is it?