Shaving

>Face gets itchy, red, breaks out and bumps and is uncomfortable if I go 1-4 days between shaves
>After 5+ days of not shaving face is just fine when I shave
>This happens no matter what kind of shaving cream/shaving soap and razor combo I use

Going 5+ days between shaves is generally inexcusable since I work in finance. Do you have any advice Veeky Forums? Should I try some kind of preshave product? Is there something I should be putting on my face? Could aftershave save me?

go through what you do when you shave
what's your routine

bumping for interest

ok do a hot shave
basically you gotta open up your pores so use a hot towel and let it sit on your face until it cools. then put shaving cream on. then do another hot towel. then put shaving cream on then shave with the grain everywhere never against the grain.

report back i guess

>Take a hot shower
>Let the bathroom get really steamy
>Leave the shower running hot so the steam doesn't stop
>run a washcloth under hot water
>Press it against my face for 30 seconds or so
>Lather up my face
>Shave with the grain
>Lather and shave with grain again (have also tried doing a third pass against the grain but that has always ended terribly)
>Hot towel again
>Turn off the shower
>Exit the bathroom with a gigantic cloud of steam and towel off outside the bathroom

You must have bad skin or a dull razor or are making tiny strokes instead of a long sweep down your face for each pass. The hot towel and steam is unnecessary if you have a sharp razor, something to help the glide (like a gel strip on the razor, not just the shaving cream), and a steady, long stroking motion. Work on the stroke. I'm sure you're doing it wrong, or at least in an inferior way. If you pick the razor up after less than 2" of steady pressure and guidance, you're doing something wrong.

Long strokes are way more likely to lead to razor burn.

>shaving
>not a faggot

Pick one.

Who has cucked you into believing this?

>Having a job that allows a full beard
>Looking like you listen to Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats
>Looking like you're the kind of guy who will have one of those outdoor weddings where all the guys are in some hideous combination of brown dress pants, suspenders, neckties, and flat caps and the wedding registry is at Anthropologie and her engagement ring had a ruby or some shit on it because your wife saw the movie Blood Diamond and posted shit about conflict diamonds on Facebook for months
>Getting food and snot in your disgusting beard
>Looking like you constantly stroke your beard while reading Infinite Jest and pretending you understand it better than other people because you took an English course on postmodern literature
>Looking like you date the kind of girl who owns DVDs of Juno and 500 Days of Summer
>Looking like you went door to door telling people to vote for Bernie Sanders
>Looking like you spent your life savings on beard cream and beard oil
>Looking like you constantly find a way to bring your beard into everyday conversation
>Looking like you spend hours looking at pictures of old dead bearded dudes like Charles Evans Hughes
>Looking like you would give me all the statistics about a beer like it's a baseball player or some shit
>Looking like you've never had more than 4 figures in the bank at once

Get a single blade razor, my man. Shit changed my life.

Multiblade razors can cause ingrown hairs/irritation for some dudes. They pull the hair up before slicing it, so when the hair goes back to resting position it's below the surface.

One blades are cheaper anyways in the long run.

How big of an upgrade will feather blades be over gilette double edge blades?

After 2-3 shaves with a blade, the gilette ones cause a lot of blood when I shave my neck, and my top lip

haha what? no

sounds like someones angry at their inferior manlet genes

Use proper products, my man. I used to get ingrowns and bumbs all around my neck and jaw until I started using quality soaps/creams and safety razors/shavettes. Pic related

I would suggest you look into shaving with Bic Sensitives or Gillete Guards (single blade disposables), and a nice sensitive cream like Nivea or Neutragena.

I'm thinking about getting an electric trimmer to make shaving faster. Thoughts on this as opposed to a regular razor?

Also would I need to get two separate trimmers if I wanted to shave pubes and my face with a trimmer?

>Looking like you're the kind of guy who will have one of those outdoor weddings where all the guys are in some hideous combination of brown dress pants, suspenders, neckties, and flat caps and the wedding registry is at Anthropologie and her engagement ring had a ruby or some shit on it because your wife saw the movie Blood Diamond and posted shit about conflict diamonds on Facebook for months
>Looking like you date the kind of girl who owns DVDs of Juno and 500 Days of Summer
>Looking like you would give me all the statistics about a beer like it's a baseball player or some shit

i kekled

I have a problem with my facial hair. Whenever I shave, I have this problem that my skin around the shaven area isn't smooth. Do you guys happen to know how I can make my skin look more soft around my face after it's shaven?

Put cold water on your face after you shave to close your pores. Apply witch hazel or a toner.

50% of this board is too young to shave, fuck off

i use to go through this also, just thoroughly rinse your face afterwards. this will close pores which will prevent any irritation from all the slimy residue that is still built up on your face from the shave.

>wet shaving for almost 20 years
>buy a braun series 9 + cleaning station
>shave every morning before doing anything
>take longer to get a super-smooth shave, but no more razor burn, and can shave while watching the news or reading
>wash face (or shower) and moisturize afterwards
>no longer have to think about all this shaving bullshit

best decision i've made since deciding to only visit Veeky Forums once or twice a quarter

I stopped shaving and started plucking my "beard" (only moustache and hair on my chin).
I think it is cheaper and not as often required as shaving. I stopped shaving initially because of my acne in this area, and my skin definitely improved, but I kinda don't want to start shaving again.

I've tried both single blade razors (Merkur with both Astra, Feather, and Merkur blades) and that 5 blade Gillette crap. Both hurt my face and leave me red and sore if I shave in the 1-4 time range.

who here always manages to fuck up shaving their cheeks or maintaining their sideburns?

no matter what, i always feel like one side is uneven, to the point that i get headaches from having to deal with it.

how do i get better at this?

meh as long as it is close, people can't see both cheeks or sideburns that easily. or get a shave and follow that line for a while.

Use your ears as guide lines when lining up side burns. I line up mine above where my earlobe starts.

Astra and Feather are sharp blades. Use Derbys if you can't hand sharper brands. Or switch to bic disposables.

You are Italian, aren't you?

Which Proraso shaving cream is best?

Well, for starters check your pressure. A lot of guys with this problem (myself included) absolutely scrape their face without realizing how much force they use. Light strokes should do just as well. Also
>no aftershave?

Went to a barber. Figured I would have him razor my hair. This asshole uses a 5 blade razor on the back of my head. I am just dumbfounded. Thanks bro

Is this real

unfortunately I believe so

Are you me, OP? I just can not shave without waiting at least 4 days. I've tried everything, DE razors of varying sharpness, cream products, etc. I've just kept a beard for the past few months so I don't have to shave above the neck. Like I just don't get how people are able to do 4 passes in all directions every day. Do you just have to have thin, light hair? This problem isn't really mentioned anywhere either.

Fucking ouch man.

That looks horrifically painful omfg ughhhh!!

I don't have as much as a problem as you however it's very hard for me to shave my jawline because it's almost at a 90degree angle
Ever since I started using Cremo I've had much less of a problem. It's really slick, without much water, and my razor tugs MUCH less on my hair
Also do you use moisturiser? That might contribute to your problem if your skin is dry. If you need a moisturizer I'd recommend cetaphil
Hope this helps

It doesn't hurt too bad it's more along the lines of uncomfortable

>not enough facial hair to do anything with
>just enough to have to shave every day to not look like a slob

y

I have a mild case of severe autism, can someone refer me to some good shaving products?

No aftershave. Do you have any recommendations? Unscented please.

My hair is fairly thick, but it doesn't fill in well on my face.

Some just have shitty growing facial which ALWAYS leads to complications afterwards.

Accept it. Either use an electric shaver which doesnt irritate as much or trim to a stubble.

My head started itching when I saw this. Fuck shaving head, I wanted to try it but fuck it.

Are you black? Because if not chances are you wont have it this badly

Everything is correct but you need to wash your face with really really cold water after you're done shaving, it closes your pores and tightens up your skin

>Face gets itchy, red

I started to kept a beard because of this

Maybe Thayer's, not same guy btw

Fucking kek.

OP here, I'll try with mega-cold water and report back.

>looking like you interact with people and talk about things you like and date women

who would want that, r-right guys?

dodged a bullet there by shaving religiously

>Having a job that requires you to be clean shaven
>Looking like you attend the opera
>Looking like you're the kind of guy who will have one of those weddings at The Ritz Carlton where black tie dress is mandatory and your wife has a 2 carat Bulgari ring
>Never getting a beard full of cuisine so you can show off what you ate for lunch
>Looking like you read The Wall Street Journal
>Looking like you date the kind of girl whose pants size is in the single digits
>Looking like you're too busy to waste your time going door to door for political campaigns
>Looking like you have too much money to blow your life savings on beard cream and beard oil
>Never discussing facial hair
>Never looking at pictures of beards
>Drinking beer for enjoyment instead of jackass beercred
>Looking like you've got at least a 6 figure net worth

Holy kek

>realize I have never gotten razor burn with my safety razor
>just places where the blade was too dulll
>Or my motion was shit
>bleeding is gone in 5-10 minutes after first aiding it
What a wonderful feeling.

wew

>>Looking like you're the kind of guy who will have one of those outdoor weddings where all the guys are in some hideous combination of brown dress pants, suspenders, neckties, and flat caps and the wedding registry is at Anthropologie and her engagement ring had a ruby or some shit on it because your wife saw the movie Blood Diamond and posted shit about conflict diamonds on Facebook for months
you have outdone yourself my man

I have this too OP and I've got fed up so I'm just growin it out even though it looks kinda shit. we'll see if it gets somewhere respectable in a week.

OP here, I got some Nivea post-shave balm for sensitve skin. I also tried ice cold water on the skin before applying it. It seems to have helped a bit, but there's still discomfort and redness. I didn't realize the balm was scented, I'm not a fan of the smell.