Does mewing actually work? Anyone here got results...

Does mewing actually work? Anyone here got results? Are you supposed to keep pressing your tounge on the roof of your mouth all day? Because it kind of makes me nauseous after a while. Does it work with braces?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8[Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=WmZZfO0hXLo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you don't need to actually press your tongue forcibly on the roof of your mouth. just try to keep it vaguely there
I don't know much about it since I've just always had the proper oral position

what the fuck is mewing?

I would also like to know this

Me aswell

are your teeth supposed to be touching when resting?

wait, there are people don't keep their tongue touching the roof of their mouths all day?

mewing is a technique for preventing and perhaps reversing recessed chins proposed by a guy named mike mew as an alternative to surgery
it's basically about keeping your tongue on the roof of your mouth, which most people already do anyway

what's the science between pressing your tongue on the roof of your mouth and your chin bone growing?

googled "mewing chin growth" and the first result is "Mewing for 6 months, face looks WORSE" from sluthate.com lmao

answer this

they're supposed to be slightly apart with your tongue resting comfortably in between while not actually being bitten

There isn't any

There is not science, it's pseudoscience supported by guess who... only the same family.

His "proof" are only anecdotes.
And it doesn't work on adults, even mike mew and his dad admit this.

People might notice some changes but it has nothing to do wth the bone, just their soft tissues change.

It isn't bad if you try tho, it doesn't hurt anyone.

It comes from this copypasta:
Daily reminder that your face is ruined because of your environment

the idea
youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8[Open]
the proper posture
youtube.com/watch?v=WmZZfO0hXLo [Open]

cliffs:
-Humans very recently have been eating a soft low volume diet, which means less use of jaw muscles and weaker jaw muscles
-Humans very recently have been weaned off breastfeeding early, so have developed improper swallowing patterns and tongue positions
-Humans very recently have had a rise in allergies, which has led to mouth-breathing and lowered tongue position
-Human bones are very malleable, force from facial muscles and the tongue alter the shape of the bones
-All of these factors combined have led to poor form and function of the face:
-- ugly, downward growth
-- a lack of horizontal growth
-- short, receding chins
-- narrow palates
-- crowded, poorly aligned teeth
-- recessed, elongated midfaces with poor cheekbones
-- less room for the tongue, leading to snoring, sleep apnoea, general breathing problems
-- etc.
The best way to try to fix these problems if you are already affected is to ensure that the teeth are together, the lips are together and the tongue is on the roof of the mouth, as well as chewing a lot of tough foods.

also for hard food just stuff like steaks and bagguettes, also definitely get FALIM gum or any other hard gum that keeps its consistency

And all that theory comes from just guessing, there's no real science involved. I'm not saying it is total bullshit and I'm gland this is gaining popularity because now that it gets more attention real scientists can disprove or confirm his theory and maybe improve it.

My understanding is that it helps you keep your jaw tight, so that it doesn't hang down making you look like you have a long face or open mouth. As well as keeping your tongue away from your teeth, because if you swallow with your tongue lowered, you will push it against your teeth, which can push saliva possibly containing sugar onto your teeth causing plaque build up and all that jazz. I'd assume that if you push your tongue against your teeth when swallowing, countless times a day, every day for your whole life, it could probably displace your teeth as well. I don't know if it has any benefits other than not causing problems though

No, it doesn't keep your jaw tight. It is just a balance, teeth push in one way and tongue pushes in the other. It prevents from breathing using the mouth, if you mouthbreath your face can grow long so it has enough space to let the air in from the mouth.
Good or bad tongue posture only changes bone structure if you're still growing, and I asume most people here are past their growing age so it won't work for anyone here. Surgery is the only real answer for adults.

>There is not science, it's pseudoscience supported by guess who... only the same family.
Oral posture and its effect on the teeth and face is a concept widely accepted in orthodontists

their methods themselves (the appliances they use) are up for debate, but not the concept of not being a mouth breather and keeping your tongue on the roof of your mouth

idiot

Except that diet does directly impact jaw dimensions. Archeologists have used this understanding for quite a while to determine an individual groups eating habits.

Longer narrower jaws in human remains point to hunter gatherer populations

Shorter wider jaws point to agrarian farmer populations

This correlation is so sttong that its not just a nice little coinkydink, its used in the analytics to determine population identity.

There are even evidence chains of hunter gatherer people becoming agrarian in short time spans and jaw structure changing right along in lock step.

And anecdotally: My mother cooked for four boys and her husband. He liked good wholesome cooking. Cuts of meat, potatoes, veggies, salads, you name it. Mom cooked it. My mom also taught us how to cook. Hell she'd cook a chicken and we'd fight over the bones.

My mom's sister, who married my dad's brother was a lazy bitch. Dinner was shit like grilled cheese and canned chilli. SpaghettiOs, raviolli from the can and buttered noodles.

ALL of her five kids had crowding molars, crooked teeth from overcrowding and they all have weak recessed jaw lines like OPs picture.

>like OPs picture
Sorry. Was thinking of an image I just saw on /b/

grilled cheese and canned chili? that sounds so sad, is that meant to be a dish?

also what kinda inbred family is that

I mew in combination with this. I'm a chinlet but having slimmer cheeks and no double chin helps.

I think he would recommend slightly together.

>Longer narrower jaws in human remains point to hunter gatherer populations
>Shorter wider jaws point to agrarian farmer populations
its the other way around