I just got a job working in a kitchen and i need to get non slip shoes that dont look like shit. any suggestions...

i just got a job working in a kitchen and i need to get non slip shoes that dont look like shit. any suggestions? pic unrelated

I think you're fucked on that front, most people who work in kitchens wear nonslip crocs. However I know Shoes for Crews offers an all black Converse High Top alternative that looks alright.

I never understood why they would wear those instead of steel toe boots. Knives and pots are dangerous

X T R A T U F
T
R
A
T
U
F

you want something cheap and sturdy. like user said - non slip crocs but you'll be sacrificing your dignity, also the soles fill with horrible gunk if you have the wrong ones.

i wear comfy enough primark £8 shit running shoes. lasted about 9 months now. probably be falling apart in a few more but its just work m8.

get docs and then just buy nonslip guards for like 20 or buy ones for some black nikes. they have steel toe versions too

Steel toes boots are super uncomfortable and not ideal when standing in the same area for 10+ hours. Also I've seen far more people slip and fall (including myself) than dropping knives into their toes.

Sidenote: Never try to catch a falling knife.

arent docs non slip?

Vans slip ons. Decend grip, not great but decent. If youre dealing with boiling liquids and oils on a regular make sure you can take the shoes off in half a second if needed.

bundeswehr sportschuh
literally made for activity in a hall
leather so easy to wipe clean

dear christ what the fuck are those

I've never had a pot drop on my feet at work, and knives don't fall with enough force to cut through my rubber clogs. Slipping is by far more dangerous.

this

They're decent, but the treads wear down quickly and after that it's slip city.
Source: I'm a line cook and wore a pair of 1461s to work for about a year. I feel much safer in my Super Birkis. I've worn those for about two years now, and the tread has barely worn down at all. I'll have to get a new pair soon, but only because my feet are starting to get too big for my current pair.

They're not slip resistant dumb cunt, besides he needs comfort since he'll be standing all day

Buy actual work boots. You'll ruin your Docs.

Worked as a cook for 2 years. Wore vans slip ons the entire time. They're super comfy to me

Dr scholls makes some solid ones that lasted me about twice as long as most cheap ones, and comfy af

I've worked in a kitchen for the past 3 (going on 4) years and I've only ever worn the same ratty ass pair of sneakers with no tread left on the bottom and I have no issues walking over freshly mopped floors or whatnot. You don't NEED non-slip but if you're that worried just go to Wal-Mart and get a pair for like $20 with a steel toe. They last surprisingly long and it doesn't fucking matter if you're Veeky Forums or not at work. You work in a kitchen. You're not a model.

it's not about the tread, but the rubber, nub

My point is you don't need a special kind of shoe just because you work in a kitchen unless you were dropped on your head as a child and have diminished motor skills. Everyone I work with wears sneakers bar 1-2 people with non-slip shoes.

Line cook here. I wear Doc Marten non slip sussex chukkas. It's super comfy and the sole isn't glued on like 90% of the shoes out there. It also has a nice silhouette. That said, safety and comfort is way more important than anything Veeky Forums. Some sad sap who wore bad shoes broke his arm in a slip and fall. Injuries aren't effay, desu.

Sorry user but really you're working in a kitchen, literally nobody gives two fucks about your shoes

When I worked in fast food I wore these, sketchers rocklands. They're extremely slip resistant, I never fell once in them. They're ugly but comfy as fuck