What does Veeky Forums think about this

What does Veeky Forums think about this

I think it's stupid to use a well known liar for your mod on history's greatest empire.

What empire are you talking about user?
It's pretty fun.

>
>
>

Pretty well done mod. Bayern4leben

What's you're favorite nation to play as
(Also shameless self bump)

In no particular order:
Holland/Netherlands
Poland
England
Ethiopia
Milan

>VapHRE wave

It seemed like a novel idea until I started playing it. Turns out playing a no name barony in the middle of the Holy Roman Clusterfuck isn't really that fun.

So instead you can either play as a bigger country like Austria or Brandenburg, in which case all you can really do is swallow up smaller countries for 400 years until you institute Renovatio Imperii or declare independence, or you can play as a nation outside the HRE and defeat the whole purpose of the mod... Then again, that's kind of problem with EU4 in general, all you can really do is paint the map, do things that help you paint the map, and stop things which impede you from painting the map.

Basically you're better off just playing MEIOU & Taxes and picking an HRE minor from there. Don't get me wrong, the mod is very well-done, very creative, and meticulously accurate, but it's just not very fun to me. It's also a lot more satisfying when you have the entire world to work with.

What do you think about the plans to expand the mod to include all of france, the balkans, much if poland and the british isles?

That would be pretty awesome. I think optimally this mod would be integrated completely into EU4 and the whole world would be there, but of course that's not feasible since you'd need a supercomputer to run that, not to mention a more stable engine.

I think eventually the scope should expand to include the southern tip of Scandinavia to the North and Constantinople to the east, because Sweden/Denmark played a big part in the Thirty Years' War, and of course having the Ottomans be in the game map makes sense considering the Habsburgs fought them for a while.

Anything beyond that isn't really necessary, Spanish colonial stuff that could factor into the War of Spanish Sucession which involved the HRE could be simulated through events and decisions without it being on the map. For example, you can have a decision "Set Up a Colony in [region not on the map]" and it'll grow over time and bring in money, manpower, force limit contribution, trade power, etc. The AI could do that and it would help simulate Spain's growing power as it colonizes the Americas. Britain, Portugal, and France too for that matter.

That sounds about right. Honestly i like the mod a lot because i've always hated that the HRE become composed of ~6 states by 1500 in standard eu4.

>EU4

Seriously dissapointing.

The game does have some really serious design flaws and has the depth of a puddle. Paradox hasnt really fixed any of the major immersion breaking issues and although im no surprised im still disappointed.

A nice attempt to dress up a shitty meme.

Reminder that it was an empire regardless of whether it was "holy" or "Roman" or neither

I was playing as Brandenburg, but have no idea how to expand. Do I have to do it the old-fasioned way and fabricate claims?
And is it worth it trying to become Emperor?

The map has already reached maximum height allowed by the engine.
Ottomans and Swedes are already in, they appear by event.

They can always remake the map and compress it (though that'd be a fuck of a lot of work). Also they're adding the whole of the balkans with exception to southern greece in the next update.

Is it worth it? I rarely play mods. Just log in and do a Denmark Protestant run every expansion. Just love BTFO'ing out the Catholics.

You can play as Sweden during the 30 years war

I wouldnt say it's worth it if you're planning on playing a scandanavian power but if you want to play a north german protestant game than yes.