Who /FastFashion/ here?

Who /FastFashion/ here?

Why does anyone buy expensive clothes anymore when stores like H&M, Forever21 and Zara have the same shit for $20?

Other urls found in this thread:

matchesfashion.com/intl/products/1051689?country=CAN&LGWCODE=1051689000005;104003;6167&visitor_id=v3_f639d508-8723-11e6-a413-00163ef106fd&gclid=CP7Az5u2t88CFQEGaQodcv4NaA&qxjkl=tsid:75641|cid:315874026|agid:19877170506|tid:pla-58450396286|crid:76653800226|nw:g|rnd:14034818094100403607|dvc:c|adp:1o1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(you)

I find the jeans I used to get from h and m fall apart really quickly. so I pay a slight bit more for less shit levis

Dont their stuff fall apart quick

I was thinking of grabbing an H&M cotton parka to dye and customize. Is it gonna fall apart? Its part of their divided line iirc

Everyone talks about their clothes falling apart, but honestly, I haven't had much of a problem. For example, some basic vnecks (that I use for undershirts) from f21 I got like 6 years ago are only now getting some holes in them.
I also line dry my clothes though

I've only had pants fall apart. I've got enough basic shirts from there that last.

shit fits shit quality watered down designs of the shit they copy
thats pretty much it

Check out to this bad boy.

tell me im lying you peasant swine

the reason fast fashion exists is because of advancements in the supply chain and manufacturing industry.
This allows these companies to get to market early and often, providing their customers with what they want most, the fun experience of shopping. They found that it's more profitable to provide their customers the opportunity of buying new clothes over providing their customers quality clothes. This is why they change their product lines literally every 2 weeks instead of every season.

tldr: When you buy fast fashion, you're buying the excitement of shopping, not clothing or fashion.

They are all shit. Get some taste you filthy casual

Most people on this board seem to have a bad opinion of those brands, but it's probably because they expect a piece of clothing to last them years and don't have the resources to cycle through their wardrobe. So in the end they end up looking like some ill-fitting 90s stereotype.

I live in nyc, and most people supplement their wardrobe with something from those type of stores, even if they can afford designer stuff. Sure, the quality (specially hm) or the style (specially uniqlo) isn't as good, but you weren't going to use it for more than 6 months to a year anyway.

That said, HM pants are made of paper and last 5 washes at most. Still, I have a bunch of clothes from Uniqlo and Zara that lasted me for years after I stopped using it.

Best fast fashion is uniqlo and urban outfitters.

You're right, but you still sound like someone that rejects fast fashion because it's shitty, then just settles for ugly garbage anyway.

>the style (specially uniqlo) isn't as good
uniqlo might be basic, but that's still better than overdesigned crap which many fast fashion brands settle for

but they don't have the same stuff

uniqlo employee over here correcting the record. uniqlo sells clothes to sleep in, to get out to throw away the trash, or to wear under your actual clothes. There's a middle ground between overdesigned and boringly basic. fyi

Uniqlo is good imo

they're fine if you use them sparingly with more interesting pieces
I also like their socks

That's the nature of all fast fashion.

>the same shit

If you think it's "the same shit" then you really have a long ways to go in educating yourself.

Here's your (You)

kek

Well, it's not necessarily that the clothes fall apart, although that has often been the case when I've worn something from H&M.

For me, it's rather just that, you know... the clothes aren't made for a human body. It's all got that awkward, boxy fit, the stitching may be weird, etc.

I'm not saying that I'm not paying a hugely inflated price when buying more expensive stuff, but I don't mind making that sacrifice.

Besides, this notion or idea that you can "just buy the same for much less" in a fast fashion store is bullshit to me. Every piece of clothing that I own (even all my mono-coloured basic tees) is something that I bought because it had something that I exactly liked about it. It could be the way it fits me, a certain shade of blue, a down jacket WITHOUT a logo (try finding a logo-free down jacket from an EU webshop, I just finally found one from the Uniqlo U collection, and I've searched at like 5 times that that price range and everything in between), etc. What I'm trying to say is that if you can afford buying more expensive clothes, to me it doesn't feel like I'm just spending on "the brand", a certain black tee is not just any black tee and a certain pair of black cotton pants is DEFINITELY not just any pair of black pants. I finally found a pair that fits the way I want them too and don't look weird or cheap af texture-wise. Before finding them, I think I returned like 4 or 5 pairs to different webshops.

I forgot to make a point related to the pants towards the end of my post - I once bought a black pair of H&M pants, and FUCK they were bad. The quality was horrible, the fit boxy and the material looked shiny in a really strange way.

fast fashion is a cancer. no truly fashionable person would wear that shit. if you really have to cheap out, just thrift.

Guys who thrift that much because they cant afford shit look like a Seinfield extra. It looks stupid af to everyone except yourself.

You buy things like pants and shoes from other stores that are quality. Shirts and shit F21 are great.

I have shirts from 2013 and they havent even lost a button

>dresing for other people
>not developing your own style while spending less cash than totally bland people

believe it or not, most thrift stores do not exclusively carry 90s clothing. it is a conscious decision on the buyer's part.

and besides, dressing like a seinfeld extra beats wearing ugly characterless mall shit anyday

Construction is shit, everything that isn't excruciatingly basic will age poorly

99% of "original" designs are shit : random fits, random cringey details, vulgar washes for the jeans. There's 1% that can look good until it falls apart tho. But this 1% is nothing but a watered down version of actual designer stuff

Shit fabrics

By buying this shit you encourage them to maintain the conditions in which this garbage is made : exploited workers & ecological disasters (pollution, intensive use of water, etc)

I go to h&m for sweatpants

Nobody likes you for that

You don't develop shit from thrifting. You just look super poor and embarrassing. Everyone knows that blazer with huge shoulder pads was $5 max. Or the wash out jeans that don't fit on the sides is only $10.

>seinfeld extra beats wearing ugly characterless mall shit anyday
Only in your eyes.

??

my thrift stores are full of shit.

>By buying this shit you encourage them to maintain the conditions in which this garbage is made : exploited workers & ecological disasters (pollution, intensive use of water, etc)

There's actually an index determining the best performing retail companies on these sorts of issues, and Zara's parent company was the industry leader. So I don't think fast fashion = exploitation, pullution, etc. It depends on the company.

pic related (The Dow Jones Sustainability World Index)

>URBAN OUTFITTERS
oh that shitty hipster shop I took my big fucking gum piece and threw that shit in there as I screamed I might have webmn

I bought four shirts from H&M and they're all getting holes after like four months.

depends on where you live. slow copping from thrift stores can get you really cool garments. it takes a lot of free time to do this, though. fun if you're college-poor with stingy parents. impossible if you're busy all the time.

ur lying

who's the cuck in the pic

i see nothing inherently wrong with these shops, although i think they still charge a lot for what they are selling and most of the time i can walk in them, do a quick scan, decide there is nothing good and then leave

shops like zara and topman you don't even have to enter

i wonder who wears this stuff but of course everybody does. if you do end up buying a shirt or something you will inevitably see another couple of lads in town wearing the same thign

>don't buy cheap it falls apart
I don't understand you people. I always buy the cheapest shit and it never breaks, shoes included. Meanwhile my friends buy expensive shit that's always falling apart. And it's not like I treat my clothes or shoes especially gently or anything, I've never read the washing instructions on anything.

I buy all my shit exclusively from Zara, Bershka and Pull & Bear, even my job suits and shoes.

Never my shit has broken down, and it's moderately cheap.

I've never spent more than $60 on a single piece that aren't suits or dress shoes.

> The design is bad.

I've never seen something at a fast fashion store that looks as bad as this $15,000 Fendi coat.

matchesfashion.com/intl/products/1051689?country=CAN&LGWCODE=1051689000005;104003;6167&visitor_id=v3_f639d508-8723-11e6-a413-00163ef106fd&gclid=CP7Az5u2t88CFQEGaQodcv4NaA&qxjkl=tsid:75641|cid:315874026|agid:19877170506|tid:pla-58450396286|crid:76653800226|nw:g|rnd:14034818094100403607|dvc:c|adp:1o1

Thrifting really does depend on the location.

I find Salvation Armies carry crap almost exclusively, I don't think I've ever gone into one and found a good item.

I have found decent things at Value Village before. I actually got a really good, sturdy, well made pair of Eddie Bauer Khakis there once for $10.

urban outfitters is shit quality for high prices.

uniqlo is decent quality for good prices

>he gets his money from his parents

Doesn't happen to.my stuff only h&m thing that developed problems were jeans with already big holes in them now they're slightly bigger. The rest haven't fallen apart in me after a year+ of constant wear.

For real idk how these motherfucjers wear their shit but I never get holes in things. Been wearing cheap shit constantly for 2 years and no holes in anything that didn't oroginally have holes
Dress shirts or t shirts? They're regular $3 are kinda bad I get hanes instead but I'd be surprised if they were anything like a real shirt

THERE IS NO ETHICAL CONSUMPTION UNDER CAPITALISM

Try desigual then, faggot

>anything not excruciatingly basic will age poorly

I have a pair of black pants that fits and held up extremely well after more than three years.

Tell me more about how black pants are not excruciatingly basic

Also implying they ever looked good in the first place

Because neither have what i want.
Wow that was hard

The last Parka I got from H&M was shit, would not recommend. It was also a from the Divided stuff.

thank god im not poor, so i dont have to shop at places like zara, uniqlo, or h&m. id hang myself if my wardrobe consisted of things from these stores.

You spelt poor wrong.

Capitalism is unethical but i just happen to live in such a country, so do you, noe stfu

urban outfitters carries multiple brands and uniqlo uses the same slaves as everyone else don't try to kid urself

a lot of people with money shop at both. once you actually have interaction with people who have the slightest interest in fashion, or even shopping u will realize this.

good luck

H&M and walmart everything IDGAF

your mom

I buy my stuff at H&M because I'm poor. Should I ever make a lot more money in the future, I'll get some better quality stuff. Don't see what the problem is when noobs like me are still learning how to put outfits together. That is, after having been fat neckbeards that wear anime t-shirts and the same pair of shoes over and over again...

If you have more than one pair of shoes you are trying too hard

one? shoes are SO passé

Exactly. Just get a pair of shoes tattoed onto your feet to save time and money

I have a pair of ripped h&m skinny jeans that have lasted 5-6+ washes and still look great. I get compliments all the time when I wear them with my Asos biker jacket. They might not last forever but for 15 bucks you can hardly beat it.

I had a 2 yr period where I was buying exclusively only H&m clothing since I was losing weight and didn't want to spend a lot to buy a new mini wardrobe each time I went down in sizes. Even now I still regularly buy clothing from h&m.
I'm a grill btw.
Obviously for the price you are not getting great quality but I think it holds up pretty good considering. Obviously if you buy there 9-$20 jeans they aren't going to hold up great if you wear them regularly. If you go up a bit to their $30 jeans I find them extremely durable and looking good for awhile. I've had the same jeans for a couple years from them that I've wore every week and they still look how they did the first day I got them, and I've been rough in them.
Depending on the type of material you get there tops might not last very long. The blouses always are fairly quality and have lasted me a long time looking perfect still.
There socks are pretty shit but I still buy them. They end up with holes usually in even the first wear.
There skirts can last forever.
I like to get quality shoes but I do have a good few from h&m and I have walked for hours multiple times a week in some of them and they don't look the tiniest bit worn and I get compliments on all my h&m shoes all the time over my more quality $300 shoes from other places.
There dresses kinda wear out pretty quick though.
Overall I think its worth it, especially if you are on a budget or between sizes and continuing to lose weight and don't want ill fitting clothing in the process.
Its very hard to figure out what size would work for you though if you aren't super familiar with everything like I am. So better make sure you try it on when at the store instead of risking ordering online.

If you have watched some fast fashion documentaries you may find it interesting that most of the production sites used by big corporation/fast fashion are not exactly linked to them, but work in more or less a commission base. In that way the factories are technically not affiliated with the parent companies, which makes me wonder about what markers they examined. Sure they may have initiatives in the countries producing their stuff which is a great start, but i wonder how effective they are

yeah! my favorite pair of converse have lasted me forever! i've worn them for everything i do for six whole months! i get lots of compliments in job interviews, but they were a little uncomfortable that one time i went to the beach(lmao). i dont know why any1 would ever need to spend more than 30 dollars on shoes, i dont want to put that kind of financial strain on my parents since theyre helping pay for my sociology degree($$), the only other pair id want are some good toms!

Fast fashion's fine for basics, but not much else.
There's no point in spending $180 at zara on a coat that'll only last a couple years when you can spend $250 for a coat maybe a year old on grailed for a higher-end brand that won't show its age for 5 years.

I used to buy sweaters from uniqlo and thought them pilling like crazy within the first week of me owning them was natural. Then I got a used burberry sweater once for like $80 and I've had barely a hint of it pilling for 3 years of pretty frequent wear.

H&M's quality is absolutely appalling. I bought some shoes from there, the heels of which collapsed and then came apart at the seams.

Uniqlo is decent fast fashion, definitely better quality than H&M, but too much of a meme here in Japan so I just can't wear it, as hipster as that is.

and you drew that conclusion after buying one pair of shoes, which is a big no not just in H&M, but any other fast fashion store?

can be bought:
shirts, not the t-shirts though
regular (tapered) jeans, not the skinnies with elastane, those are thinner and shittier
blank beanies, gloves
basic underwear, socks
beck's stuff called modern essentials

should be avoided like plague:
t-shirts (yes, they're bad)
joggers
hoodies
jackets
coats
shoes
hypebeast looking shit: anything longline with extra zippers, shirts with stupid prints etc., you know the drill

btw people says, that Uniqlo's quality went to shit, so you may want to re-examine that

I don't need to. I live in Tokyo where there is a Uniqlo on every damn block and everyone wears it.

There are decent H&M tees and most H&M shirts are shit. Same thing

Their beanies, gloves and knitwear in general are pure cancer

Learn the difference between there and their, you fucking moron.

just dont buy pants from them

I bought a pair of black zara chinos and they ripped in crotch area
lucky i wasnt in class when it happened

i buy almost everything from zara and a few stuff from h&m. h&m quality is a lot worse though
there is only inditex in eastern europe. no uniqlo, american apparel and all those affordable stores

>everyone shits on fast-fashion anonymous
>80% of waywt look like they cant afford electricity and water
>rest 20% is fast-fashion

who you lying to. i dont care about fashion that much to be offended, but could anyone who shits on these stores post a fit?

this. you can thrift good stuff occasionally but cant build a full wardwobe. i dont see whats wrong with basic zara tees and jeans honestly.

That looks so fuckin comfy. I can only imagine how soft those big ass poofy flowers are.
Wearing this would be amazing, I imagine people who buy this cuddle up in font of the fire inside their aspen chalet with some hot coco.

I like HM and Pull&bear

I like a lot of H&M stuff

Stretch shirts, divided hoodies, jeans, sweatpants. I stick with the basics at H&M and haven't had issue (except for basic tees never again)

I've never bought any of the more fast fashion items or shoes so I can't say anything about quality there (I assume it's not great)

QC is very spotty, some H&M products are Ok, most are not...

honestly some people on this thread are downright retarded. Zara's made in EU/Turkey stuff along with Uniqlo are at the same level of construction as any of the hypebeast meme stuff like palace, etc. Rick Owens is pretty decent but compared to the price difference absolutely not worth it.

Zara's studio stuff for example is amazing value for money if you get it on sale. I have some fucking nice linen pants from Zara none of them were over 30USD for 100% linen and great construction.

Its true Zara is very hit and miss so you have to be CAREFUL when you're going to these places and make sure you're getting the right stuff. I can tell which Zara pieces will last me forever and which ones will just die soon.

signs to look for are country its made in (inditex mostly owns its own factories,) so you'd prefer the massimo dutti factory in spain than their basic Tees bangladesh outsourched HM quality shit.

Like with thrifting, going to Zara or Uniqlo or ASOS home brand and getting good quality shit thats also on point is an excercise in careful consideration of what you're buying, knowing your materials and looking at where its made. At the end of the day if you're not a complete retard you should have some really cool fits and you can experiment in all sorts of ways.

For one rick owens outfit I can have a dozen different zara outfits ranging from rick owen's styling (since they just rip off of everyone desu half the time) to all sorts of other shit.

Its true though you wouldn't want sartorial clothes from fast fashion thats not the point. but casual wear or cool fits comes pretty easy with fast fashion if you know what you're doing.

The only problem is that most hypebeasts here with the rick owens hardons and co have absolutely no clue about any of this shit and are surprised when they go buy full priced zara basic line made in bangladesh and it doesnt hold up for years.

I literally just buy everything from the Gap.
Oh well, the stuff seems to hold up alright.