Pant Rise

So I recently figured out why I dislike the fit of my pants from Uniqlo and why Dickies pants, despite my reservations about their overall look, fit much better; It is the pant rise. The dickies have a rise of a little above 11 inches, whereas the uniqlo pants are barely 10. I didn't think an inch would make such a big difference, but it definitely does. Now knowing what I should be looking for in pants, I am unfortunately having trouble finding pants, specifically chinos, with a similar rise. I'd really appreciate it if someone pointed me in the right direction of where I can find what I'm looking for.

Other urls found in this thread:

landsend.com/products/mens-comfort-waist-yearrounder-wool-trousers/id_145702_589?cm_mmc=139971614
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

try o'connells or brooks brothers

Low rise was a mistake. Some faggots started wearing girl pants and ruined pants for a decade.

skinny jeans only look good on skinny people, and skinny jeans look retarded with high-rise

Plus if you're very skinny, low-rise can show off your v-line and hip bones

All other body types should not wear low-rise, however. You're correct there

bad post

kys

Fattie fattie fat fat

Looked at both, look a bit too formal. Might give some from BB a try, and have no idea how the O'Connell's fit, got pics of them being worn by any chance?

Right. Low-rise pants objectively look like shit.

landsend.com/products/mens-comfort-waist-yearrounder-wool-trousers/id_145702_589?cm_mmc=139971614

beware, wool.

With a nice taper these could make some seriously sick fits.

Beware?

Poor little fox

You'll get those grapes some day, I'm sure

a little too formal too. I looked through their casual chinos and unfortunately they only offer longer rise for waist sizes 34 and above.

oof. that hurts to read

>skinny jeans look retarded with high rise
Please provide evidence, I think pockets melting off your ass looks much worse

wool usually means warmer, ideal for colder climates.

That look essentially belongs to short fat latinas. It screams "LOOK AT MY ASS, LOOK AT MY ASS, KEEP LOOKING AND PLEASE DON'T STARE AT MY STOMACH OR HEIGHT"

Putting that much emphasis on your butt is usually horrendous looking on men, unless you're covering it with a jacket in which case what does the rise matter anyways?

Normal rise is always preferable but low is much better than high when it comes to skinnies

>ruined pants for a decade
Ah but nein mein brodank, one decade implies this shit started in 2005-6, low rise has been a problem since at least... 60s youth culture? Think about it, haven't you ever heard your parents refer to "grampa pants" and meant high risers, gags about "pants pulled up to the armpits" and shit like they were just wearing them wrong, like you could pull any pair up arbitrarily high but you shouldn't because it looks dumb?

I'm telling you mein brohaus, this shit has ruined pants for more than half a century

desu user, you will probably have better look finding what you want at a goodwill. I find nice trousers there now n then, way cheaper.

>beware, wool.
>watch out! Quality

?????
?
???

better luck, rather

It belongs on girls in general.

how can one man be so wrong

It's the sixth time he's been wrong and he is getting exceedingly efficient at it

Are you implying this is high rise?

joey and dee dee's jeans can be considered high rise, yes. are you implying they're not?

Don't be too hard on him, Dee Dee Ramone is invisible to retards. Known problem -- rest of the band kept losing him and he couldn't shave right.

Okay maybe the garment itself is high rise, but they're wearing it well below their hip bones

>implying that even looks good whether it is high rise or not

Mein faggot

nobody's wearing their jeans below their hip bones in that photo, but the other two are sporting a mid rise. is that what you're referring to?
no accounting for taste

bump

b u mp

Fucking cheater whore

>skinny jeans look retarded with high-rise
explain levis 505c

?

>tfw hike my weekday warriors to my liking but but cock bulge

I'm waiting patiently for links

The way high rise pant was kill is blood boiling. It has pretty much ruined 3/4 of men's fashion since the early 90's.

Some designers are bringing back higher rises like Giorgio/Emporio Armani but I fear the general public is too far gone.

OP here. I chatted up an LL Bean representative and was told that the rise on the "natural fit" khakis is 11 5/8 inches for size 31 waist. Sounds good to me so I've ordered a pair. The rise on their "classic fit", which is slimmer, is also relatively high with about 11 inches.

Will see how they fit once they get here.

?
Joey's jeans look like fucking shit here, look at that fucking mooseknuckle.

have you considered the fact that we're talking about skinny jeans here

unless you sag you're going to get a mooseknuckle

I hope for your sake your skinny jeans don't look like that lmao.

desu it's not even really that prominent of a bulge. it probably only appears that way due to the position he's put himself in (legs crossed)

bump

I just bought a pair of Standard Fits today, and even those have an acceptably high rise. Never going back to sub 9 inch rises

Heh, I think I might have gone too far with the Natural Fit, but I'll see. I'll have to try the standard fits if the natural and classics fail me?

>Heh, I think I might have gone too far with the Natural Fit
When it comes to the high rise, there is no too far.

I want trousers like Joaquin Phoenix in Her (2013).

whats the name of the button shirts he wears?

Seems to be a grandad collar/collarless shirt.

band collar. you can cut the collar off of any shirt and make it look like that

what are some decent jeans with a higher rise? Saw this and checked my most comfortable pair, rise is about 11 inches even though they are levi 511's.

wrangler cowboy cut

Classic fit has the same rise as the natural IIRC, just thinner legs. Unfortunately, the lakewashed pants (untreated ones) don't seem to come in classic. Standard is like an 10.5 inch rise anyway, so it's fine for me

never mind I'm a retard who can't read your post right

sorry, there wasn't even supposed to be a question mark there actually haha

dont fall for this meme

unless you're looking for work jeans for the farm, wranglers are shit.
stiff, baggy, uncomfortable, can't even reach the pocket, sizing is never consistent, and unless you wear big-ass boots have fun looking like you wear pseudo-bell bottoms from the 70s

>pseudo-bell bottoms from the 70s
is this supposed to be a bad thing?

of course not, if you want to look autistic

do all straight leg pants look like bell bottoms to you?

of course not. have you actually tried wranglers, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? the leg opening is exaggerated. bigger than levi's straight fits. unless you're wearing work boots, it looks goofy. that's because wranglers are work jeans, unlike levi's which is mostly geared towards casual fashion now.

It's a mandarin collar.

no, its not

levi's straight fits for the most part aren't actually straight

i have no idea what you're even arguing. they're a basic straight cut, fashionable people have been wearing these for centuries now.

ba bump

>i have no idea what you're even arguing
have you tried reading?

>fashionable people have been wearing Wranglers for centuries now
literally what

so far you've tried arguing that straight cuts look like bell bottoms... which they don't, because they're not.

i was referring to straight pants as a whole

If I just take a larger size of low rise pants, can i belt them at the waist and have them look like this? I can't find any good high rise pants where I'm from

no, and i'm sure you can find alright high waisted pants on thrift stores and then all you gotta do tailor them

If you can get your hands on them you should try the Uniqlo U wool pants, they have a higher rise than any other Uniqlo pants I've tried. Really like how they fit on the waist, still send mine back because they fit too lose on my skeleton legs.

>have you tried reading?
so basically your answer is no, you have not been reading my posts, so you have no idea what I'm even arguing about?
retard

k you can go back to your high quality minimalism thread now