URBAN TECHWEAR GENERAL

>What is techwear?
We wear clothes to be comfortable, to cover up our shame, and more importantly for our protection. Technical clothing, focuses on incorporating functionality through the use of textiles and construction techniques. When you mention clothes a wide array of different designs will come to mind and it goes the same with technical clothing, although the fashion community likes to lump technical clothing into this one style. This idea that it's a futuristic military style, but that's just not the case. Conroy Nachtigall a former designer of Arc'teryx Veilance explains creating technical clothing as:"It's not thinking about zippers is not thinking about seem tapes, not thinking about ... all these little elements. Those are all part of the end goal"

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
Help expand our new guide to Urban Techwear. Edit anything you see fit that will add value to the page. There's now a brand list to add to and reference:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Talk about Techwear on Discord
discord.gg/s58tce7

Other urls found in this thread:

app.groupme.com/join_group/25369790/vp0vZz
nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nikelab-essentials-mens-bomber-jacket/pid-11113991/pgid-11594214?k_clickid=e78164a5-1002-4ac6-9c2e-1edf376a85d6&cp=usns_kw_nike_http://m.nike.com/_pla!g!m!nobr!&ref=https://www.google.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Out of frustration of wanting something centralized, clear, complete, and constantly active - I've decided to make a Techwear GroupMe group. As of now, named:

"Techwear: General"

It's a live chat group, with the intention to centralize the Techwear community, in an effort to facilitate activity and progress.

Use it to discuss and share anything from:

News
Fits
Crits
Cops
Dops
Grails
Predictions
Questions
Meet Ups
And any other general discussion

---

GroupMe Offers:

- A chat-wide, chronologically stored, cloud/app-based picture gallery:
Users can see what images members have posted throughout the chats history.

- A Calendar/Event Tracker Function:
All users can create/post events, while including information like - Event Start/End Time, Location, Photos, Descriptions, and Event Reminders. Chat users can then label themselves as either "Yes" or "No" for attending an Event.
(This is can be used to set up Local meet ups, or even as far as Collection Drop Reminders).

- Filter by recent popular posts.

- In-App Direct Message (DM) function, for personal 1-to-1 conversation.

---

To Use:

- Download App/Make an account on GroupMe (Cross-platform: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Web)

- Join the group via the link:

app.groupme.com/join_group/25369790/vp0vZz

One thing that has been lacking these past few threads is insporation that's not from a model. Post books, music, comics, television shows that brings out the waterproof side of you.

Old Thred:

What do you guys think of Ministry of Supply? It's not mentioned at all in these threads, would be great for business formal and casual wear.

You, can you guys recc me some good boots?
Merrell?
Danner?
Anything but combat boots yo

there's already a discord

Should I cop this bomber?

nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nikelab-essentials-mens-bomber-jacket/pid-11113991/pgid-11594214?k_clickid=e78164a5-1002-4ac6-9c2e-1edf376a85d6&cp=usns_kw_nike_http://m.nike.com/_pla!g!m!nobr!&ref=https://www.google.com/

Why bother making a Groupme when there's already a discord?

>nike

What are some good looking winter boots, I was checking out some on adidasoutdoor.com, don't really know which one to get. Or any other site that sells good quality winter boots would be great

Link doesn't seem to work

Just google nikelab essential bomber

I care less about brand and more about functionality 4

nike is probably the most techwear brand out there? dumb ass

The branding is very minimal which I like, you don't seem to care about that so
( ) I might go for it, don't really see a lot of companies making bombers with technical fabrics and the ones I do see a way more expensive than this. Take a look at Alpha Industries too

Hopefully no one minds, but I want to ask again:

Does anyone know where to find a black "White Mountaineering x Porter 2800 Denier Nylon Backpack"?

There was a link someone gave me in the last thread, but it didn't work...

I mean, they're from 2014 though, so they may be impossible to find.

I'm looking trhough all of through the internet for this bag, but I can't seem to find the thing

Thanks, that's very nice of you. I could't find anything either.

If there are any designers browsing Veeky Forums, please consider making a generic looking teardrop backpack with 2800 denier nylon.

Ghost in the shell is amazing, another great anime that comes to mind is Ergo Proxy, the environment is perfect.

I like how your post on sufu got massively negged but faggot shit like pic related gets plus rep
that place is a fucking hole lmao
muh sekret club

another fail from acrnm on sufu this time on j28k

"Has anyone something to say about the water repellancy of the J28-K? I tested it out in the rain and it drained water away for nearly 3 minutes, then it started to absorb it. It dries very fastly due to great breathability wich I'm very happy with; but since it's selled as waterproof, started thinking some treatment steps are missing."

3 minutes to soak through. why not just wear surplus vinyl then? can sit outside in downpour for 4 hours and not get wet. what a joke

Thanks. Lets have less salt and more techwear-adjacent media recommendations. Mine would be Iain m. Banks. His work is more utopian sf, but it's beautifully realized and has the coolest military tech and weapon systems.

>another fail from acrnm
Technically that's a Nemen fail. The only Acronym DNA in that jacket is its design. That's a jacket made in Italy by Nemen with materials and treatments straight from Nemen.

You'd think that $1500 would afford some sort of testing and quality control, regardless. I am sure that the only recourse ACRNM will make is to remove the term "waterproof" from their e-commerce copy.

Waterproof doesn't mean "never absorbs water". The membrane is on the inside, the shell fabric should be able to soak through entirely without any water actually getting inside the jacket.

Water repellency is just a coating on the shell fabric that pretty much always fails quickly in heavy rain, but it has nothing to do with the jacket being waterproof. It just helps it breathe better in light weather.

Drifter makes generic looking backpack with high denier nylon and their bags are made in America
If there's something you like from the Japanese webstore the owner of the company will sell it to you directly....saving up for a bag right now

J28k are really nemen coats, nemen at great at object dyeing and giving interesting surfaces to fabrics but they tend not to be as good in the rain as goretex or other shell materials. I'm not defending acronym but the j28k isnt entirely them

Also thoughts on this

>
>

I fucked that up, sorry

looks too thin

posting this again:

i've been lurking these threads for a while now and i'm working on a personal project about techwear. i'm a graphic designer based in milan and i'm working on a book that i'm thinking to name "techwear manual" that should provide the basics on how to be a "21st century ninja" and pretty much show the aestethic of the whole techwear concept.
if anybody has cool high res/hq pictures of techwear fits please email them to me at [email protected].
also if anyone wants to collaborate with me on the project with text or whatever contact me.
(pic not related, canada goose x vetements imo very beautiful techy piece)

ID on his boots?

I agree with this; it does look too thin.

BLAME!

Just made this belt

That's a pretty good looking belt, desu

thanks famiglia

Considering I live in Texas, I don't need too much

I'll give him a try, I love science fiction. Mostly in futures with very possible states with society. Like 1984 and Brave New World

So much this. BLAME! is the shit when it comes to stuff like this.

Thoughts on these? I'm thinking about getting them for winter. I'm not a huge fan of the toe box but this is the best option I have.

wow nice. what are they?

what is reverse image search?

Nike Lunar Force 1 Duckboot

Hell yeah, I'm going to cop these.

Does anyone actually wear their keys like that dangling all over the place on the outside ?
It seems very impractical, which I think is ironic for a techwear theme

This comes from Bike messengers who are constantly hopping on and off their bike and U-locking their shit to something. Also, mess-bag same deal. Quick to slide over your shoulder and pull stuff out of.

I actually tried this with an SBR sub machinegun and found that it's effective. Conceals the firearm and allows quick magazine changes and rapid re-concealment.

Less effective than dressing like a yuppy and carrying a tennis raquet bag though.

does the cobra buckle actually fit comfortably? heard some things about cobra buckles being really uncomfortable

I've got a cobra belt from bagjack and it fits fine.

What is that hoodie in the middle, the one above the pants? It looks like it starts with the letter "D".

acronym dryskin hoodie

Fair enough if you're a bike-riding delivery person but otherwise having the keys dangling all over is kinda silly

i dig your belt. props for making something and keeping the creative spirit alive :)

how do you get the adjuster to fit through your beltloops? i know that 1kdeath uses a smaller adjuster than the female part.

never seen a carabiner with keys before, user?

I have, a few times
They looked just as silly like in the pic you posted moat of the time, or they were wearing hiking gear in the city

no problems here, feels gr8
thanks senpai
thankfully i only use it on one pair of pants, but to switch it would require taking the adjustable part off and putting back on. i can see why 1kmemes uses the smaller part

I was thinking of having my keys like that, but I would hate to have them rattle with every step

Couldn't cop the acronyms but I managed to get the black flyknits so Im not too disappointed. They were cheaper too. Still wish I could've got the bamboos though

What are the advantages of Flyknit? Why has it been so popular lately?

extremely light and breathable and it also drys almost instantly, lock your foot in snug, and also believe it or not its very very durable. I've had 6 flyknit shoes that I've beaten to death and run hard in and the flyknits completely unscathed.

only down sides I can think of is its not waterproof and will be pretty cold in winter or snow. its also pretty hard to clean and gets dirty quick if you have a light color.

Cool, any reccomendations of great flyknit of course not including the one you just shown

Id recommend any of the flyknit frees, the flyknit racer, or if you have some cash to blow you could go for the more expensive Air Footscape Magista Flyknit or free flyknit mercurial

Is flyknit only a Nike thing? Is there something simular with other shoe brands?

adidas has primeknit which is the next most popular and im sure by now almost every major brand has its own version.

hate to sound like a marketer but nikes is the best imo and everyones been hoping on the engineered mesh bandwagon since nike released it in 2012

What do you guys like to listen to that beings out this aesthetic?

perturbator et al. for me while working out
also liking policenauts soundtrack for just walking around. its chill

primeknit is stretchier imo

Sorry man but Perturbator doesn't bring out the techwear aesthetic.

for you maybe, for me it does. they even have a song called "nexus 6 interlude" heh

>for me it does
listen to some shitty drum n bass, djent, dubstep and "experimental" electronics like OPN. Then you'll have everything you need to re-assert the relationship between techwear and Perturbator.

>nexus 6 interlude
that's a Blade Runner reference. No techwear is visibly inspired by Blade Runner (or any cyberpunk classic for that matter).

for you dude.
whatever faggot elitist tastes in music or clothes u might have are not shared by everyone
chill

I'm just saying, you've got a weird way of associating stuff.

It's like if I asked you "what kind of music reminds you of Twilight?" and you told me "Deathspell Omega because they sing about evil stuff and there's evil characters in Twilight."

w2c that coat??

>filename

not really. but i appreciate you are probably autistic and 17 so it's cool :^)

It definitely is softer but it comes at the cost of durability, Ive seen ultraboosts with crazy frayed toeboxes.

Tsutomu Nihei's work is all perfect for this.

What is the point of these threads? Techwear is prohibitively expensive and none of the NEET teens on Veeky Forums can afford this stuff. Which is all for the best because dressing like a cyborg ninja is just retarded.

>projecting

A few expensive pieces won't break the bank, poorfag.

Expensive as fuck for a plain jacket.

The new flavor of retro-futurism.

Just picked up some Nike Trainerendors for cheap, pretty comfy desu

bump

kek, implying I'm not a 34 yo with a great job who can dabble in various fashions purely for entertainment. Sucks to be you.

tech approved sneakers

>Y3 qasa
>nike x acronym lunar force 1
>adidas ultraboost
>Nike air presto (flyknit and acronym versions)
>Nike frees (inculding flyknits and various NikeLab versions)
>Adidas NMD/City sock
>Nike ACG trainerendor
>Adidas tubular doom

am I missing any?

Don't like the strap over it top, desu

There's tons of sneakers which could be incorporated into tech fits, but you've got all the memes I think.

The longer I've been into tech stuff the less I really care about the shoes. Been wearing black/black vans slip ons for about a year now despite having more options that appeal to the aesthetic people usually chase. I just like simple and ease of use more than flashiness t b h

started out as the most important part of the fit, ended up being the least important :D

>slip on vans

is it you?

So I don't dress techwear but I do appreciate the aesthetic and I lurk these threads a bit. Just outta curiosity would these be considered too bulky for the techwear look?

Another angle

They don't look very functional and that's kind of important

Jesus christ these are some of the ugliest shoes I've ever seen

what are these shoes holy shit they are sick