I'm going to start a job as a grounds maintenance man on monday...

I'm going to start a job as a grounds maintenance man on monday. Please help me with some advice so I don't look like a retard.

Here is my problem, I have to buy steel-toed boots under $90 (So they reimburse me.)
And I need some jeans that go with said boots.
My stats are 5'10" 150lbs with fucking 11 to 11.5 US shoe size. (I hate my big feet)
Help me!!!

google

google will help me look good for work? lol fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am partial to the old Canuck parade boots. They have that iconic combat boot look. Steel toe. Ubiq at milsurps. Cheap. $40-50. Tough as hell. 7 eyelets like muh beckmans etc

Got these brand new and took a little sand paper & acetone.

Can't help you with the boots, but Levi's 511 is a perfect fit for work.

Not too loose, but fitting, and will cover boots nicely.

Just get cheap shit that will hold up. Your going to be a groundskeeper. There's no point in looking effay anyways

thank you, going to look into these. I dont want to look like I cant dress myself. I dont normally do labor jobs but I am desperate for money.

those boots are pretty nice looking, not sure if they'd suit me, though. why are the tips of the boots like that, just a preference?

I know, infact I am going to be working with legit autists and probably some mexicans too.
Gotta get up at 4:30 am and getting paid $17/hr...fuuuuck me. Anyways, you're right I don't need to look great but I'd feel more confident if I thought I looked good in a working man's clothes.

Np fellow blue collar bro.

I always just buy from ebay. Usually can score 511's cheap.

Whatever you do do not succumb to the temptation to get jeans from walmart or target.

There is no excuse to ever ever wear wranglers (ew).

I'll have to look in a store, need to try these on first. And I want to try them with any boots too.
I won't buy anything from there, i really only want 2 pairs of jeans anyways, to start with at least.
All my other jeans are way too slim/skinny for this kinda job

Dickies and carhart double-leg work pants. For safety ;) dont wear jeans youll fuck em up and they wont stop a hedge trimmer from chopping your leg off

Be a professional and dress like your ready to bust ass! C:

Well fuck he is going to working with Mexicans so I guess with Dickies he will blend in nicely.

As long as he doesnt sag like a cholo, site contacts'll stroll up to him mistaking him for the foreman. Shit is clean

True dat.

Nothing wrong with some Dickies for work.

Okay so I'm going to look at dickies and levis 511
Now, it's starting to get cold, what jacket or coat should a working man such as myself be wearing? I only own hoodies...

I would say again either Levi's or Dickies lined coats. Perhaps Carhart too.

I am weird though. I would never wear levis jacket and jeans together, or dickies jacket and pants together.

I would switch them up.

Get a carhartt duck jacket

i wore the blundstone CSA boots while i worked in a cabinet shop they were comfy and easy to take on and off but fell apart in like 2 years

lots of the other guts wore timberlands or CAT

I mentioned carhart and the make some thicc fucking bomber jackets. You'll never be cold. However, they are more for arriving at the jobsite as a status symbol. Hoodies are honestly fine. No graphics, laid back color, malleable. And really the hope is that your working hard enough to not have to wear a hoodie ( raising core temp.)

You're asking people to do your shopping for you. That's not what this board is for. You have google.

The entire idea of dressing for appearances when performing dirty manual labor is retarded anyway. Context matters. In that situation, projecting an indifferent utilitarian aesthetic is more effay than anything.

>why are the tips of the boots like that, just a preference?
Tends to happen to areas that receive more wear.

I have a pair of blundstones (would rec, but out of your price range) and the leather is so worn and peeling right above the toe bumper, but places like the ankle and heel still look new.

I've seen lots of decent looking steel toe boots at milsurp and some more mom & pop workwear shops, and they're usually cheap. There's one not far from me that has a massive selection of stuff like deadstock coach jackets and B-15s.

Overshirts and chore coats if you can find them cheap enough. Big flannel shirts if you aren't getting really dirty or greasy. You can often thrift decent looking uniform jackets and shirts. Plain hoodies are fine. Most labourers dress like shit and don't actually wear old school workwear clothing, so you might look a little out of place if you show up in double knee pants, and denim shirt and mechanic jacket.

Yes I basically am. I have used you all as my tools. What are you going to do about it!
But really, I've never dressed like this before and it scares me that I will look like I don't know anything about the work. I want to dress for success and have nice clothes. My job won't be too dirty, especially since the cold season is coming. Just racking leaving and maybe mowing. Idk what else. It's on a govt facilitly.

I didn't think about over-dressing. I guess I should just stick with jeans. and hoodies. Although I will need a jacket, I like the carhartt jacket mentioned above a lot. Never heard of overshirt and chore coats, i'll google them

>I hate my big feet
Kek

wut?