So I'm watching "The Death of Yugoslavia" and the Serbs seem like a bunch of assholes. Are they...

So I'm watching "The Death of Yugoslavia" and the Serbs seem like a bunch of assholes. Are they, or is there another documentary I can watch to see things from their point of view.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac
youtube.com/watch?v=THakiqiWprA
youtube.com/watch?v=waEYQ46gH08
youtube.com/watch?v=JaEWJVWiWMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the Serbs seem like a bunch of assholes. Are they

Yes, always.

Angry shqiptar/balija detected.

Serbs were the bulk of the Yugoslav military so yes they were pissed when everyone else wanted out.

this makes absolutely no sense

Yes they are. It's basically mini-Russia on Balkans, just as expansionist but way less capable.

>Angry shqiptar/balija detected
Actually, angry detected probably, because Serbs did do a lot of bad shit.
That doesnt make any sense. The fact that Serbs held 95% of all political and military positions which often meant violence and discrimination upon other people of Yugoslavia, does make sense.

Well, getting genocided in WWII probably didn't help their disposition.

Well, forcing other nations into pacts that only benefited Serbia and learning only Serbian language and Cyrilics in schools for 50 years does that to ones neighbours.

Croats dindu nuffin they good boys.

Whats not to get? The serbs were used to being in positions of power over people of other countries. Independence for those countries means they have considerably less power.

Or do you not think being a military officer in a formerly communist dictatorship is a position of power

>seeing things from their point of view
Well obviously

youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac

Do any of you guys know a good base/starting point for learning about the Yugoslavian mess, like a documentary? I was born in '95, and it's pretty astonishing how neither me nor any of my peers really understand it.

Serbia put up a statue of Gavrilo Princip in their capital on the 100th anniversary of World War 1, they really are complete assholes.

Ask your parents. If you are by any chance Serbian, then ask your parents BUT imagine the complete opposite of what they're saying.
'Glorious Yugoslavia' was a meme that later got translated into 'Glorious Serbia'.

>The Accordian player's dead stare as his head jerks around all over the place

I don't care how many times I see it. So unsettling.

As a Balkanshit I can assure you we're some pretty fucked up people and the Serbs are the most fucked up, and no, I don't mean it in a cool way.

The dude has gone beyond seeing some shit.

He has made shit happen

All you need to know is here:
youtube.com/watch?v=THakiqiWprA

Everyone was an asshole, Serbs in no way stood out, things get kinda rough when suddenly everyone in Yugoslavia gets fed nationalistic propaganda and they've been living in a forced state for half a century

Honestly with the Yugoslav Wars it's hard not to see the Serbs as the bad guys. Even when you present an unbiased retelling of the story Serbia is just a natural antagonist. It's a bunch of angry nationalists and bigots blindly following authoritarian leaders who they practically worshipped. The Serbs really made it hard to sympathize with them.

And that isn't true of Croats and Bosniaks?

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=waEYQ46gH08

Yeah, but they only went full retard after they were suspecting the Serbs to go full retard. Serbia tried to pull what Russia did in the Ukraine in 2014 but failed miserably.

The problem is that Serbia did have legitimate concerns about ethnic Serbs outside of Serbia.

There is nothing assholeish about killing turks and """"catholics""""

>death of Yugoslavia

>neither me nor any of my peers really understand it.
To the surprise of everyone, different races can't actually live together.

But everyone was the same race in Yugoslavia, and Regan had a large hand in making sure that shit went south there.

>But everyone was the same race in Yugoslavia
"No".

I bet you think Danes, Norwegians and Swedes are the same too (pro-tip: they're not and they couldn't live together either)

Danes, Norwegians and Swedes are not the same. But the major players in the Yugoslavian war was, same race and same ethnicity.

Race Caucasians and ethnicity Slavs. The only thing that separates them is religion, they even speak the same language. You want to talk different? Then we are talking about Macedonia's and Slovenians

Bosniaks and albanians are literally turks.

Croats, since they're good western catholicucks of course are muslim lovers and want their liberal multiculti hellhole, therefore the proud serb makes the rational decision to remove both

That very same guy was later brought up on war crimes if I remember right.

>Bosniaks and albanians are literally turks.
Except that's wrong

Only a kebab would be muslim, Europeans have too moral and beautiful souls to worship the desert devil.

They even seem like dicks in the movies that they funded during the war.

>Europeans have too moral
Really? Because I remember that there was this relegious man who said that you should turn the other cheek and love your enemy. I also remember that much later the people who followed that religious man went on many wars, sometimes in his name.

Yeah, you turn the other cheek to give them a chance to rescind their action. Europe ran out of cheeks to turn to the mohammedans about 1400 years ago.

Still doesn't say that you are allowed to take up the sword .

What?

Luke 22:36-38, his disciples must always carry a sword for their defense, for all the world will come to hate us because we follow Him (Matt 10:22).

The serbian people would not exist today if they had not used their swords to defend themselves and stand tall for Christ.

>Why did you kill my mother?
>I didn't. Why did you burn down our garage?
>I didn't.

Are there any good books on the subject? I'd like to read about he individual wars but haven't really seen anything around about them.

>The serbian people would not exist today if they had not used their swords to defend themselves and stand tall for Christ.
The Serbian people did use their swords, and the outcome was no in their favour.

K

They at least asserted their desire for their people. If they hadn't, the kebab would have massacred them while the Croats stood idly by for the sake of their own cosmopolitan ambition.

>Serbia put up a statue of Gavrilo Princip in their capital on the 100th anniversary of World War 1, they really are complete assholes.

A guy that killed a representative of a foreign power that occupied their people and did attrocities upon them. Fuck yeah, I would kill him too. Protip: Fucking everyone would.

>pic related

Serbs are a whole different kind of nation in Europe. I spent time with them, lived in Belgrade for a time while I was studying, am from Scotland originaly. They see things very differently than others, very nihilistic view on life, only value their see is merit, you either die as someone or live as noone, of course they are western influenced Serbs, but most of them have that mentality.

Also they do not like muslims, not for the people, nor for the religion, but for what it represents to them. Muslims in the Balkans represent betrayal (Bosniaks being Serbs that betrayed their kin and became Turks is how they see it), and they will never, ever forget and excuse that, as it is seen in the 90's. For them the 90's war was the purge of the islamic traitors since hundreds of years before. A lot of anons in this thread ask themselves if they are all the same why do they kill each other, well that's the answers, for Serbs they are all traitors. Croats betrayed them in WW2, Bosniaks betrayed them in the middle ages. They went mad when the same shit happend in the 90's and they 'betrayed' them again, as they see it, when they started claiming their own territories in Yugoslavia in the separatist wars.

What can you say about a nation, that has a proverb a friend in Belgrade told me; Serbs, different than the other nations, know of five seasons instead of four, spring, summer, autumn, winter and war.

Are we still talking about the Yugoslavian wars or the battle of Kosovo?
He says as he posts a picture taken after the assassination.

>Serbs, different than the other nations, know of five seasons instead of four, spring, summer, autumn, winter and war.

that is some proverb there, suits them perfectly

/int/ always sides with the serbs, serbs remove kebab and make fast memes. bosniaks on the other hand are muslim and turk. whose side will you be on OP?

well, this sums it up. yes, the 90's had that 'betrayal' aspect in them, however we weren't agressive towards muslims, because they were muslims, we were agressive because they started proclaiming their state although more than a half of that state (Bosnia and Herzegovina) was inhabited by us, and the government they were installing was anti-serb with a politician who was a declared nazi supporter, that was a no go, and it came to a war. Similar thing happend in Croatia and Kosovo. In Croatia we were genocided (Croats still celebrate that day) in Kosovo we were genocided (Albanians and EU celebrate that day) in Bosnia we managed to survive and form an entity. We are however the bad boys, since we were in the position of power and went against NATO, the western media disected us thouroughly.

Americans got their military bases, the focus shifted to Syria, hopefully we'll be left alone for 50 years and manage to recover. Although with the muslim population down here being the biggest ISIS recruits by numbers in Europe, I doubt the region will ever calm down.

t. Serb

>picrelated, yugoslavia before the war

not OP, but with the Serbs. I do not advocate ethnical cleansing and genocide, but giving muslims their own state in Europe, NO FUCKING WAY, NO FUCKING WAY. I think this will fuck us up hard in the future.

There have been Muslim states in Europe since the middle ages...

>There have been Muslim states in Europe since the middle ages...

There was the Ottoman Empire that spread from Asia, and it fought against the European nations as well as the Umayyads before them in Spain doing the same. So yeah, no fucking way will I support that.

Serbs had it coming for starting WWI.

>In Croatia we were genocided
As a respond to the genociding that Serbs were doing in Croatia.

It's hilarious because ol' Franz Ferdinand was the best friend the Serbs had in the Austro-Hungarian empire. Which explains the reaction to his assassination.

>This is how Serbian dogs treat their FRIENDS!

>Franz Ferdinand was the best friend the Serbs had in the Austro-Hungarian empire.

I don't know which idiot came up with this crap, but occupying Serbs after they managed to free themselves from the Turks, killing them and taking their clay is not really a friendly gesture. Nor was he a friend.

>serbian dogs
no need to go turkonegro with me boy

Every fucking time...

>and the Serbs seem like a bunch of assholes

They are assholes, BUT THEY'RE OUR ASSHOLES

Nice bait

Reminder that Serb war songs are the greatest in Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=JaEWJVWiWMQ

Yes,everyone did try to get you out of their territory,but not a moment before you genocided everyone else and showed that you care little to none about the independence of other former states. And yes, everyone celebrates those occasions because after ethnic Serbs got thrown out of the former states suddenly everything became peaceful. Why? Because Serbia, like Russia, has always held on to the claim "Where there is one Serb, there is Serbia" as an excuse to invade and genocide. Or do you not agree that Milosevic, Karadzic, Mladic and Seselj were leaders of a genocidal movement?

>Poland & Serbia
Meth. Not even once.