Let's have a thread about the Greatest Empire known to Man, Veeky Forums

Let's have a thread about the Greatest Empire known to Man, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Foreign_language_learning_statistics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think you made a mistake with your map. You meant to post the Roman Empire but instead you posted the Russian Empire.

What exactly would make the Russian Empire qualify as "Greatest" in your mind, OP?

>Roman Empire
I think you mispelled Britain

Why was he so based /his?

(>)
>
>

I think you have made a mistake. That isn't the Holy Roman Empire

fun fact, it covered more surface area than entire Pluto.

>existed for 300+ years
>got destroyed by it's own people in favor of an """empire""" that didn't even last a century

>Get drunk
>Fuck everything that moves
>Copypaste Dutch
Who knew success was that easy?

>implying Soviet Union wasn't Russian Empire with a new coat of paint

Soviet Union was actively anti-russian.

copypaste dutch?

>Russian state language
>Russians considered the leading nation
>Russian culture dominating everything
>Heavy Russification policies
>Same Russian expansionist ideas as Russian Empire used
>Holding same area as Russian Empire
>"""Anti-Russian"""

Peter had a boner for everything Dutch. Saint Petersburg is a Dutch name originally and pretty much all Russian naval terms are Dutch loanwords, among other things.

>close to no russians in the ruling seats, they're mostly dominated by georgians/ukrainians/kazakhs/armenians
>Stalin killed more russians in peacetime than Hitler did in the war
>suppression of russian nationalism until late the union's existence
Totally not anti-russian at all.

>close to no russians in the ruling seats
Yet they all served Russian expansionism, their bloodlines were irrelevant. Russian Empire had plenty of foreigners in positions of power too, including Holstein-Gottorp-Romanovs themselves.
>Stalin killed more russians in peacetime than Hitler did in the war
Yet he also reestablished Russian chauvinism as the state policy and now 50% of Russians love him.
>suppression of russian nationalism until late the union's existence
It was essentially a state policy in anything but symbols. Not being able to wave white-blue-red flag does not count for suppression.

HAHA EPIC XD

>Russian state language
Only in RSFSR. Hell, people in -stan republics mostly didn't know Russian
>Russians considered the leading nation
Considered by whom? Any form of nationalism was banned, all nations were equal.
>Russian culture dominating everything
Soviet, not Russian.
>Heavy Russification policies
Keked. If there were such policies, there would be no Ukraine and Belarus now.
>Same Russian expansionist ideas as Russian Empire used
Keked again. Literally any strong country have expansionist policies. Also, Soviet expansionism originated from Comintern, not from retarded Russian nationalists.
>Holding same area as Russian Empire
Just an occasion. It was supposed The World Revolution will happen sooner or later.

>Only in RSFSR. Hell, people in -stan republics mostly didn't know Russian
The Russian language was de facto mandatory for everyone in the Eastern bloc tho. I doubt it was any different in the actual union.

Who was the worst Emperor? I blame collapse on Nicky and his retarded idea to start WWI for fucking Serbia.

>falling in obvious b8
you must be a faggot

the empire was already doomed since he took the power

>The Russian language was de facto mandatory for everyone in the Eastern bloc tho
You what?
Of course it was teached in many schools, like English today, but this doesn't mean they were forced to speak Russian or something.
>I doubt it was any different in the actual union.
There were. As I said, people in Central Asia (except Kazakhstan) mostly didn't know Russian. Especially in rural areas, through large percent of their population lived in villages. Only males who served in Soviet army usually knew Russian on those countries.
t.Russian who have been more than 10 times in different Central Asian republics.

t. liberashka

>Of course it was teached in many schools, like English today, but this doesn't mean they were forced to speak Russian or something.
You fucking idiot, Russian was mandatory as a second language in school. Literally nobody today is making the kids learn English.

Also yeah, obviously some illiterate peasants in some vilalges in the middle of Central Asia wouldn't speak Russian. What kind of argument is that? Throw yourself under a train.

you wot? My words more fits to a typical vatnik world view.
Actually, I'm not pro-Soviet, it was very boring state, where nothing could happen over years. But saying "Soviets=Russians" is just retarded.

> Literally nobody today is making the kids learn English
> Literally nobody
It is common course even in most shitty schools in Russia. Hell, most even teach another one like french or spanish on top of that.

>You fucking idiot, Russian was mandatory as a second language in school.
Keked. Demand not meme proofs.

>Literally nobody today is making the kids learn English.
Yeah, nobody, it's just in every school in the world, unlike German, French, Chinese and so on.
I suppose you're an American, right? It seems you underestimate the importance of knowledge of English in modern world

>Only in RSFSR. Hell, people in -stan republics mostly didn't know Russian

Blatant lie.

You're confusing "Parents want their children to learn English" with "The state made it mandatory for every kid to learn Russian at school".

>unlike German, French, Chinese and so on
There are plenty of schools that teach German, French, Italian and Spanish, unlike during communism. Almost none teach Russian now tho.

>"The state made it mandatory for every kid to learn Russian at school"
proofs proofs proofs
Do you have any links to such laws?

Also:
>The state made it mandatory for every kid to learn English at school
This literally happened in some EU countries. Proofs:
> Indeed, learning English is mandatory in several countries within secondary education institutions, and so a number of EU Member States have close to 100 % of pupils learning this language already in primary education, as shown in Figure 1.
(c) ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Foreign_language_learning_statistics

>proofs proofs proofs
>Do you have any links to such laws?
Yes, everything like that was official during communism and now we all have a big archive of those laws on the internet.

>Britain
I think you misspelled British.