102 KB

102 KB
102 KB JPG
Greetings Veeky Forums, I come in peace from /k/.

I just got out if the military and need to buy new clothes, I got rid of a bunch of clothes that don't fit and all I was left with was a pair of carpenter jeans, a black polo, grey button up and a pair of low top brown chuck taylors.

I bought to pairs of jeans, on loose fit and bootcut, when I realized this is a good chance to finally get a new look.

What do you say guys, help a guy out?

P.S I read the sticky, just wondering what advice you guys may have

im assuming your budget isn't too high so im going to recommend you start of with basics and essentials from uniqlo

3 pairs of jeans
light wash
medium wash
black

outerwear
parka
harrington jacket
(in neutral colors such as olive,black or navy)

sweaters
crewneck
hoodie
zip up hoodie
mock or turtle neck if you're feeling fancy

shoes
1 pair of nice dress shoes (mono doc 1461)
1 pair of comfy sneaks (adidas?)
1 pair of good boots (danners)

oh i forgot shirts

2 button ups
blue
white

shirts
supima t's from uniqlo are decent and cheap
get any color desu

maybe a flannel too

Thanks man, never knew much a out fashion and always just threw on whatever I had, most marines have zero sense of fashion so no one really said anything.

I have a pair of Danners RAT boots but they're pretty rekt, shpuld I try to rock that "salty" look or should I get new ones?

get a new pair and different style

but yeah stick to simple neutral colors for now they are more versatile

I read in the sticky that skin tone comes into play a little bit, does being latino change anything?

Start off by getting some well fitting jeans. Try to go for slim straight If you aren't used to slim jeans and get an athletic fit If you're quads give you problems. Dress shirts might give you problems but you should just shop around until you find something that fits (preferably a slimmer fit). If you're even the slightest bit Veeky Forums then get some Henley shirts. They look good if you have a good frame and girls love then for some reason. Boots and sneakers are easy, just avoid bright or too many colors. I would look into getting a nice jacket as well. Look for one that is a bit more practical and if you get something that has a simple (not too many pockets) shape, you can dress it up or down. Also, avoid excessive patterns and try to stick with solids as this will help you build a good base to work with. Hope this helps.

Lol I had this issue when looking for jeans, all the slim and regular fits were just too damn tight around the crotch and quads area, ended up going for a loose fit and boot cut Arizona jeans, thats when I realized I have no idea what look I was going for

not really, just stay away from bright colors they are tacky regardless of skin tone.

you need to buy jeans that have a high rise, this will give you more room in the crotch area

Easy. Dress like Shia. No one calls him faggy

Lol I didn't even know this was a thing, thanks

This, just no beard. Leave a week long stubble. No effort. Not complicated.

Remember, it's not about the brand or the price - it's about how the clothes FIT you.

I like the shirt, jeans look reallt tight

This OP. Just go to local Uniqlo if your town has any and buy what he said, try it on. For tops looks at the shoulders - shouldn't be too snug in chest and shoulder seam should sit right. For bottoms don'T wear baggy jeans and skinny jeans as well. Levi's 511 is top fit for most men and cheap af in USA. Try 'em on, if they are too long you can easily alter them yourself or go to local spic tailor (5$).

Don't try to dress from inspos that are posted here. Really start with plain basics to get an idea what fits and suits you best. Good luck!

So suits or black tees and jeans?

wow, actually... okay.

Op here, I got a couple of suits but they're pretty fucking gaudy, any suit tips?

If you don't need one asap save up for one nice (around 300$). Suit must sit perfectly, otherwise you can throw it into trash. You may try to bring your to tailor, but I guess from what you said it will be waste of money. It's sad, but suit must be most expensive part of your wardrobe
If you really need one asap, not sure, goodwill or h&m+alteration at tailor.

They fit me but I can't see me wearing those particular suits outside of church or playing an extra for Boardwalk Empire

OP try buying some stuff on UNIQLO really good basics

ascolour also has good black t shirts/hoodies

blank*