Is punk Veeky Forums? How can I wear punk clothes and be Veeky Forums?

is punk Veeky Forums? How can I wear punk clothes and be Veeky Forums?

fascism in the new punk

Absolutely not

its sad how true this is

UNDERCOVER

sad? europe in waking up
how is that bad

Don't do it. If you go to a relatively non-autistic show (note: these only occur in major, english-speaking cities) you will not see anybody dressed like that.

The closest you will get is a few skinhead oi dudes in white tees, suspenders, and boots who just got into underground music over the past couple years, skanking to straight edge bands that have an old school vibe.

Most actual punks I've noticed tend to wear dark skinny jeans, shitty athletic wear (non-descript hoodies, windbreakers, etc), flannel, vans or disgustingly worn new balance, band tees and other merch, and dad caps or beanies.

Pic related, some real peers and a couple randos

the most punk thing you can do these days is join a police academy, find a good loving Christian wife and settle down and have a loving, functional family that has divested itself of as many of the meaningless trappings of contemporary society as possible. this day and age being an economic nationalist is more punk and an edgier political opinion than any of that anti-fa shit they were twanging on about in eighties.

truth

Fuck off

I wonder whos behund this post

go loose in enfants riches deprimes shop and you should be all gud

crust punk is my top aesthetic

commie here and I love turf houses
they're not exclusively yours

>posts pic of suburban hardcore dudes

That's not punk.

Go to an LA house show. You'll see plenty of foot tall Mohawks, plaid pants, and studded vests.

What the fuck is it with you idiots and pastoralism? Fascism ain't primitivist.

Blackmeans

Lol. Fuck off, fashion punk faggot.

>X is not punk, Y is punk

Oh boi here we go again

was this everyone at the joyce manor concert?

i'll agree that punk today is fucking dead and pointless, but lets not kid ourselves here.

it really is just vans snapback pizza pop punk. and everyone who dresses like that is perpetuating cultural fascism.

depends where you're from

Don't you feel embarrassed asking a question like this?

There was a time when enough people were engaged with punk (even if it wasn't everyone's cup of tea) that the mainstream fashion and music industries comodified it to make it more palatable and easily consumable, like they do with all subcultures that have broad enough appeal.

Just make some crust pants or put patches on a denim vest.

It became commodified a soon as it was labeled 'punk'.

If you are actually part of a punk/DIY community then it is fa to dress 'punk' (whatever that means to you). If you're not part of that kind of community (and not interested in being part of one), what is your motivation for wanting to dress like you are? Obviously anyone can wear whatever they want, whenever they want and for any reason but to many of us it's a quick way to find like minded people who will invite us to gigs/squats/bike fixing workshops etc wherever they live or in new cities. If that kind of thing is really not your scene then you are just like anyone else who wants to dress just daring enough to not be normcore but not too eccentric either. Which is actually how I think most people on this board relate to clothes.

Cats are punk.

To look good in punk clothes as a male you have to take a more minimalist approach. Your pic is not the way to go.

Make your own clothes! Or heavily alter the ones you have.

People wearing whatever makes them feel most comfortable and authentic (even if other people would think what they were wearing is definitely not fa) is punk enough for me.

Is my cat punk?

simpler life = less money give to corporations, more traditional living

you live in an apartment? not in an underpass with your junkie friends? no hes not punk

80's alternative/slacker > 80's punk/hardcore

Goals

Most of the punks I know go for the crustpunk look, which I wouldn't really call effay since it's zero effort and nobody fucking cares about what they're wearing.
If you're line of thinking is "This shirt hasn't been worn long enough that the bacteria is probably dead so I'm gonna throw it on." then you're not fashionable, effay, or even tolerable to most of the human race desu

you're fucking stupid