theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

basenotes.net/features/3278-the-top-ten-male-designer-fragrances-every-beginner-should-sample/view/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Urine going to be in so much trouble if you mention you know what.

this isnt fashion you stupid niggers

Fragrance is fashion Veeky Forumsggot

Do i still use deodorant when i put on EDT?

Or is the EDT emough to handle a 8 hour work day?

Use unscented deodorant.

>mfw

You should be using the following:
unscented bath wash
unscented deodorant
unscented location

>unscented location
India is a no go then i guess

My Amouage FB so far:
Memoir
Jubilation
Epic
Interlude
Reflection
Fate

Which one to cop next? I prefer spicy to fresh, but I'm giving Sunshine another look. It smells like warm, flat Sprite but it gets better further into it.

This is part of grooming and personal style.

Also, check global rule #3.

how is amoustache?

>copped Encre Noire because memes

Perfectly captures depressing fall and winter vibes. Definetly not a compliment getter. Despair in a bottle. Pretty cool though. Waiting for the real cold to set in before wearing it out in public.

tfw gave a work friend a decant of Guerlain Vetiver and smell it on him every day now
tfw can't wear Guerlain Vetiver for myself anymore

Wouldn't have bought 100ml if I didn't love it
To me it's like le male's straight, less trashy and more refined cousin
The sandalwood and jasmine gives me this lovely smooth creamy floral note that I'm addicted to
Performance and projection are quite good, it's nowhere near as cloying as some other florals I have like le male or fahrenheit 32, probably best for a nice warm but not hot spring day or even nighttime during summer

>Despair in a bottle
well, you've sold me, user.

You should try some rose ouds. Baroque, tragic romance like Beast brooding alone in his cursed castle.

God damn fingers, I meant lotion

Does it really have the heavy inky / metallic notes people talk about?

I rather not want to walk around smelling like ink and old coins.

Dig up roots from damp soil and crush them between your fingers. Then smear them all over your face. That's the impression I get from EN.

Hmm.. earth in a bottle, I dig it

Just picked up midnight in paris. Man, this juice lives up to the hype.

If you like powdery scents like, bleu de chanel, with leather notes this is your jam.

Picked up Dior Sauvage

Sweet and light enough with nothing too offending for all seasons. What doe Veeky Forums think of it?

what does fa think about dior intense

I really didn't like it. To me it smells too generic and sort of "macho" masculine which is something I generally dislike in frags. I would never call it offensive though, just boring.

I guess to most people it will smell nice and it is a good choice if you want something for all seasons that won't stand out yet won't offend anyone.

dior homme intense? That shit is stellar

You absolutely can't go wrong with it and it can easily be a blind buy without any regret

You just got me interested, what should I try

noir de noir by tom ford is the quintessential rose-oud frag

I must say though all the rose oud fragrances remind me of old grandmas.

I'll peep thanks, and shoudln't be a problem I have a grandma-esque lifestyle

What is the difference between Bleu de Chanel EDT and EDP and which should I get?

parfum is the stronger type of juice you can get
edp is second strongest
edt is the third strongest
edc is pretty much fucking water

Though it really depends on the fragrance. Sometimes the EDT is the same as EDP so you gotta look around.

Thoughts on Jaguar for men? (Green bottle) I feel like its too strong and nauseating for me. But reviews are somewhat good, seems suited for older men though

While I love it, I only wear it when it rains. The thing is, I live in Los Angeles, so maybe twice a year... If you like the backbone of EN and want something infinitely more wearable while remaining utterly true to the spirit of the fragrance, try EN Sport.

It's a standard for attars. Any place that sells those cheap scented oils should have a rose-oud oil. Also Montale is famous for its ouds and has a bunch that feature the rose-oud accord:

Aoud Damascus
Black Aoud
Aoud Lime
Aoud Red Flowers
Royal Aoud
Attar

I know that you retard, I'm asking for this specific fragrance how do they differ in terms of smell, longevity, etc

I copped Sauvage this week as well, and have worn it three times so far. Ambroxan is one of my favorite fragrance molecules / notes, so I also enjoy Sauvage very much. I like the stealthy way that that ambroxan projects around the wearer while not having a strong character of its own. It really gives presence to otherwise lightweight compositions like Sauvage.

I don't see how you could call Sauvage generic; to me that means there are other fragrances that smell close to it. I don't think there's anything out there that does citrus-pepper-ambroxan. I agree that it can be grouped with other "big masculine" scents like Bleu or Bond Scent of Peace, even though these fragrances don't share very much in the way of composition, but every collection needs a few of those and Sauvage is a strong and novel entry.

Someone mentioned Voleur de Roses in the past threads. I think that one is closer in tone to Encre Noire than most rose ouds. Dark and earthy patchouli with dusky rose and deep purple plum.

>€6
>compliments from everyone

Newer Axe/Lynx products smell better than old ones, but I still wouldn't wear them as an adult. Their main strength is in their loudness and perceived economy. However, five cans of that €6 body spray will run out much quicker than a €30 bottle of Guerlain Vetiver. And you're much more likely to run into other guys smelling like that Lynx spray than the latter.

Right on - Keep doing what you're doing. If that's what you're after and it's working for you then more power to you.

depends on the frag but general an EDT will project for 2-3 hours on average and remain a skin scent for 6-8 hours

I heard Reflection smells like Le Male

Is it still worth getting if I already own Le Male?EDT is more fresh and citrusy but doesn't last as long

EDP is more woodsy, incense, and sweeter, its performance is better also

EDP is the preferred one especially in the coming colder weather

wish we had this in the US to at least try out, wait is this Lex Ellis?

Not the same user but fucking relax mate. He misunderstood your question, there's no need for abuse you fungal rimjob

Lynx is called Axe in the US.

where to cop samples of chanel? lucky and tpc don't have it and they're my usual source.

I just grabbed a few samples of Sycomore and I love it. Is there any way to get it for less than $200? Are there any similar scents?

Is this worth buying? Heard a lot of people talking about its reformulation, low performances and so on… What are you thoughts on the latest batches this?

>Are there any similar scents?
Well, as luck would have it...
>this
is as close as I've found. Sycomore is leaps and bounds more refined and wearable, but EN is satisfying in its own right and I own bottles of both.

And I don't think you'll see any Les Exclusifs on fragrancenet or any discount sites any time soon. They keep a pretty tight grip on distribution. The good news is you'll never have any doubt your bottle is legit, and if you buy it at a good store like Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdale's, you should get loaded up with samples.

Two more unexpected full bottle buys today:

Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady
Spiced, dry woody rose with just a hint of oud. If Lumiere Noire pour Homme had me hesitating because of its transparency and meh performance, PoaL smacks me in the face with that rose. Unisex, but can lean feminine if you get a granny reference from rose. Also my most expensive fragrance per ml so far.

Juicy Couture - Dirty English
Blind buy, haven't even opened it yet. But it was cheap and I heard good things, so yeah.

Will report back after a good wearing.

I'll get a sample of that, thanks. Maybe i just splurge on Sycomore next time I'm in the city. It really is great.

Yep. It's a top 5 vetiver for me easy. Also check out Coromandel if you haven't.

It smells like a church.

Which are the top five best perfumes out of these ten? (Best as in: Scent 9 or 10/10, longitivity (min 8 hours) and sillage (min 1 meter after spraying an hour or 2)

A*Men Ultra Zest Thierry Mugler
ACQUA DI GIO Profumo Giorgio Armani
CH MEN PRIVE Carolina Herrera
ICON Alfred Dunhill
LUNA ROSA SPORT Prada
Noir Extreme Tom Ford
REVEAL MEN Calvin Klein
SAUVAGE Christian Dior
THE ONE FOR MEN Eau de Parfum Dolce&Gabbana
ULTRA MALE Jean Paul Gaultier

Also, recommend some rad fragrances that aren't watered down with best performance.

what is Veeky Forumss opinion on versace eros? really like it desu

To all you fragrance fags.

Does it even work? do you compliments or not?

Following up after an afternoon wearing.

Portrait of a Lady survived the shower as a skin scent (always a good thing). Box says 81% vol. (fragrance oils?). Excellent performance and definitely a one spray scent for special, formal occasions. 50ml will last a good long time.

I smelled three distinct phases to it.

First is spice and incense and patchouli. Bitter and dry like cooking herbs in a frypan. Very masculine.

Once that starts to tame down the rose starts to come up. Dry, dusty rose sweetened by a faint touch of fruit. I call this the churchy phase, because my grandma wears rose to church. Think of opening an old wooden chest of rose potpurri.

When the rose starts to fade I get more of the dry wood and the faint aroma of the fruit in it. The oud and patchouli is there from beginning to end, very well blended and out of the way except when they peek to tweek your nose with faint medicinal bitterness.

Price-wise, ridiculous tier and is a perfect example of the word 'luxury'. Lumiere Noire is a perfectly fine frag that does the same thing at a lower price point, only not as opulently.

This frag, regardless of your personal taste, has to be regarded as a work of art in the way it is composed and the story it tells. Portrait indeed.

Also, Dirty English is as cheap and synthetic as its price hints at. It's like a rejected The One prototype. To the back of the pile it goes.

Tomorrow I'm off to try Royal Mayfair and Emir to continue my rose/oud infatuation.

81% alcohol most likely

Those two questions are unrelated. By 'works' does it complete my wardrobe and make me feel good about myself-- I would not buy it if it didn't.

For compliments it depends on the frag. Aventus, London, GIT, Sauvage and Reflection got me good ones so far, and my gf loves Polo Black. That's less than a tenth of my total collection.

Obnoxiously sweet and strong with a harsh base. I prefer Le Male since it has the same vibe but is smoother overall.

Thanks, to clarify I checked again and it's 83%. It's supposed to be parfum extrait concentration so I can't wrap my head around the proportions. Anyway it's pushing Interlude levels of throw and the sprayer is bukkake level cumspray so I'll have to be delicate with it.

just gonna plug mood scent bar here

good website for niche stuff, the owner let me pick 10 samples with just one purchase too

bump

There are better scents to be copped at that price point. Pass on the jag

Get a sample and decide for yourself, seriously. I think it smells good, but it's not something I'd really like my body to smell like, ya know?

Check out the sport version if you haven't either, it's got the same sort of vetiver as the original but made a lot more pleasing and wearable with citrus and floral accords.

The thing is I alread own it (was given it by a parent). Whereas my sibling has ferarri red power which smells better imo.

underage pls go

fell in love with ysl l'homme intense a few months ago (not so much l'homme itself) after catching a random whiff in a magazine.

decided i'm going to figure out once and for all what i like and what i don't. starting mostly with designer until i have some focus. thanks for reading my blog.

and thanks to the person who posted basenotes.net/features/3278-the-top-ten-male-designer-fragrances-every-beginner-should-sample/view/1
awhile back as i'm largely using it as a guide to get started until my olfactory vocabulary is more developed.

L'eau d'Issey vs CK One vs Dior Sauvage vs any other fragrance

Go

im currently wearing cdg odeurs but the weather is starting to cool down. any weirder frag recs for fw?

issey all the way

versace pour homme
mugler cologne

L'eau d'Issey is ok

also mugler cologne

I have to buy in a store not online, and I can't find Versace in my region + i don't like Mugler's fragrances
Is it good for the fall + winter?

Btw i'm planning on buying one fragrance for fall+winter, and another one for spring+summer if it helps

>put on midnight in paris for the first time before going out
>drank too much
>now always associate mip with being hungover

That's rough seeing how MiP is a beautiful scent

Recieving gifts from parents = underage?

Im sorry your parents never loved you user.

Disclaimer, I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing, but 71 feels really warm to me and when I put on clothes that have anything incense lingering on them they come together as this really neat fall thing.

>Does it even work? do you compliments or not?
What an odd leap of logic. Something "working" = getting compliments. As said, I wear clothing and fragrance because I like them. If I get a compliment on something, great, but it doesn't change how I feel about the thing. I'd imagine one would feel disappointed a lot of the time if they wore stuff for other people.

But to answer your question, I get compliments maybe a couple times a month on all different frags. I wear enough that you can smell me if you're in my personal space. I'd actually feel I wore too much if someone 10 feet away said, "I like your cologne."

I'm poor.

Anybody ever try Aspen by Coty?

And is Old Spice cologne a step up from body spray or will I still smell like a teenager?

Anybody recommend an affordable decent cologne you can buy online?

kek

Old Spice will make you smell like a 20-something with no plans for the future

Anybody use Bvulgari Black? Ever get any compliments or at least comments of some sort?

Might get a 2.5 oz once I'm out of CK1.

With ~15% oil being classifiable as EdP anything above is likely to be called Extrait because of marketing. A Byredo store salesperson told me their "oil" collection is 20-30% as well.

Yep. Think I've gotten one compliment on it, but I don't wear it all that much. I have two other bottles that get me in the same tea/leather/vanilla neighborhood: 360º Black fM and Midnight in Paris, and they're all great. BB features a lapsang souchong tea note that is reminiscent of rubber, and I find it fascinating. It's the driest of the three by far, but still sweetened with vanilla.

I wouldn't call this a crowd pleaser at all though. If you're looking for something to get compliments, keep looking. Try something like Bleu de Chanel or Aventus.

Dusita Ouc Infini
do it fgt

oud*

is ck one any good? Its only 30 euro in my local boots

It's alright.. nothing to write home about. In my opinion there are much better fragrances to snag around that price.

>animalic
that shit makes me dizzy my dude

>tfw you will never have amazing, revelatory sex with some qt who's in heat because you're wearing MKK

Anyone here have experience with selling fragrances on ebay? I recently bought 8 full bottles of some niche stuff for pretty cheap compared to how much they sell for on ebay. I plan on keeping some, but I was wondering if it was worth it to sell them off in small atomizer vials or just sell the whole bottle at once.

Alright guys, im looking for a sweet fragance for winter.
Last year I used pour homme and one million, but they're way too popular for me.

One Million Prive
TM Pure Tonka

feve delicieuse
tobacco vanille

Parfums de Marly Habdan
Burberry London

Neither are super sweet but they're sweet in my opinion.

animale animale

Is Prive similar to the normal one?

Bump

Bleecker Street