/pfw/

paris fashion week ready-to-wear spring summer 2017is halfway done. discuss your favorite collections and your thoughts on them

posting dries van noten ss17

Other urls found in this thread:

shoeii.com/
youtu.be/W-a2oFT8UBg
youtu.be/WRlhvLPX6Qg
sz-mag.com/news/2016/09/f-vandevorst-ss17-womens/
youtu.be/xqxw5jNlN2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I found the collection to be very clean but also having degree of playfulness to it which, I think, is common to Dries' work. Perhaps its by how he adds "old" styles of prints/embroidery to really modern garments or garments that are at least cut in a sense that they would exist in this day and age (see the bomber look or the two-button blazer)

Aldo, there's a lot of long silhouettes and the embroider/prints really helps guide the eyes from top to bottom or vice versa

The frozen flowers was also a really novel idea which made the show much more beautiful as it aged

The SS17 collection ’SAGOI’, is an homage to an old canal house in Amsterdam with beautifully contained ‘Delft Blue’ tiles dated 1667. Liselore Frowijn has interpreted the iconic hand-painted ceramics by tracing them with her signature style, both painting the illustrations directly on silk and using blown-up graphics in bold overall prints.
The illustrations display mythical scenes of an escape to a pastoral lifestyle of farmers in the Dutch 17th century. Research on these tiles’ topography brought Frowijn to the Japanese island of Kyūshū, where Dutch-Japanese exchange started around 400 years ago. Liselore Frowijn visited the Japanese island this summer to work with local artisans in the indigo-workshops on developing several textiles and implementing techniques that have been used for decades.
Next to the abstracted pastoral scenes, the pieces feature nude figure drawings inspired on the traditional Japanese Shunga erotic woodcut prints, combined with flower-dessins from the Mantero archive. With additional screenprinted graphic layers of blown-up Japanese masks, shibori-indigo dyes, woven kasuri textiles and Delft Blue paintings, the entire collection embodies the story of two worlds meeting once again in intermixed cultural traditions.
Using the tunic as a base piece, the collection has grown into a semi-couture extravagance of where each look presents a new layer and playfully stacked bold prints. Each garment can be worn as a canvas depending on your mood, with a dazzling richness in combination as a result, balancing on luxury-couture and sporty details. The woman Liselore admires embraces the unknown with a sweltering sensuality and as you imagine the Amsterdam house, she takes you to an idyllic realm where two worlds collide.

genuinely liked Dior, Off White, Dries, Zuhair Murad, Alexandre Vauthier, Chloe
haven't looked at anything else
Greg Lauren has been posting closeups on his IG, doesn't look like he's doing a show this time once again

I adored this collection. I can't tell which one is my favorite so far, but the Rick Owens ss17 Walrus has definitely been a highlight, as well as the Dior and Vauthier.
Milan was alright, Lacoste was simple. didn't like NYFW much except for maybe BOSS?
Also, OP are you on a discord?

only at paris fashion week would you find flip flops in such marvelous condition...fashion!

shoeii.com/

Fenty x Puma

Rihanna has proved her worth when it comes to designing clothes, this collection is so pleasurable to my senses.

Definitely better than the HBA one at nyfw too.

saint laurent was lovely imo. cool and sexy.
nice to see anja and freja!

nice one

>nigress hopping on the streetgoth bandwagon four years after it stopped

Yo, what the fuck. These are actually really good.

>genuinely like off white

Ahahahahaha holy shit drop trip

holy fuck dat skull face man

she's aged a lot too :'(

lol did you even see the show?
it's not just hoodies and t shirts with stripes screen printed on them
his womenswear can have great moments, this time was great throughout

lemaire good

dries good

marni good

loewe good, not as good as last season tho

yohji good

one of best rick in a while imo

Where can I learn about actual fashion? Like, how do you know all these names and their past collections and all that? pls

agreed

I've just watched the shows and gone from there. I've been doing it for a while and im still finding out about new designers. Plus I end up forgetting about a bunch of designers. I am curious as to what others do to stay informed

jil bad
not a bad collection, but this isnt jil at all
vetements and issey inspiration blaringly obvious too

the leg showing literally triggered me in this collection. extremely un-yohji

Hussein Chalayan was great this season, such a consistenly underrated designer imo.

really nice embroidery. glad to see new peeps like By Walid do that too

basically a dutch weeb goes too deep

well seeing as she isn't part of the label anymore, its not rlly a surprise

its because ppl dont really buy his stuff. they want clothes they can work into their existing wardrobe

shit

rip slp

It's expected though, that the label will continue the themes and motifs that the designer built the label upon even after their departure

unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way
Ann D is another often used example, although Meunier had a fantastic return to form in ss17
very much an Ann collection again and I love it

that looks fucking retarded, high fashion my ass

Junya has been peeping Gosha's stuff it seems.

oh interesting, havent been paying attention and didnt catch that Ann D got better again

It's a shame because Chalayan is quite wearable. Especially in comparison to all the other "avant-garde" designers he gets lumped in with.

yea hope the same doesn't happen to Craig Green

The three inflatable looks were only finale pieces meant to contextualize the season's theme. I doubt they'll go into production. The rest of the collection was quite lovely.

Jun Takahashi's music obsession continues with jazz album cover prints lol.

Literally like 5 or 6 of these in the collection.

Here's a collection I would have glossed over if not for the runway itself:

youtu.be/W-a2oFT8UBg

Really goes to show how atmospherics can contextualize a collection. In comparison to just photographs the presentation makes the clothes appear more sophisticated and mature.

That was my favorite outfit in this years collection omg.

Did I link an advertisement lmao oops my bad

youtu.be/WRlhvLPX6Qg

I like this alot

That jacket is beautiful. Wish it was a little less oversized though - makes what should be a statement piece seem very casual, but then again that might've been the aim.

Any of you guys subscribe to any magazines? Currently only subscribed to 032c (which I love) and looking for more recommendations

where are you beauties getting these pictures from? Need more pfw resources

vogue

Vogue
NowFashion
Business of Fashion
Womenswear Daily
Dazed and Confused

ty top boys

Absolutely breathtaking. Hands down one of the best presentations thus far this season.

this girl walked for Christopher Kane spring 2016, and I loved her hair on that run so much, i feel the way her hair was then, would go great with this black top, doesn't really appeal to me too much short. I think she's probably my fav model, don't even know her name though lol

Kane is my boy.

Hasnt Margiela(or CDG) done that already like 20 years ago?

Yumi??

found her name.
Maria Clara, very beautiful lady.

Good thread

He designs nice shirts. I especially liked his mechanics tees a while back.

doen we allemaal

>m-muh rock n roll meme ;_;
>hedi plz cum bak

Hedi is a talentless hack and you are a fucking faggot

wow good criticism

ohhhh myyyy

Sublime

>womenswear
don't care desu

Why wouldnt you care? it's not like you can afford to wear mens runway pieces so whats the difference between men and women shows at the end

i-D

very different concepts

very different concepts and methods. you're thinking about cdg ss97 too.

i wouldn't say that there has been no creative exchange between the two though. the knee-sliced shorts looks like it would be out of cdgh+ ss16

>accusing chalayan of ripping off margiela

Nice way to show you know nothing about fashion

Oh sorry i forgot this was a competition who knows the most about fashion...
Fuck off with your entitled shit and contribute instead

this looks like female Christopher Poole

This thread needs som AF Vandevorst

sz-mag.com/news/2016/09/f-vandevorst-ss17-womens/

dior was a travesty

Anybody else disappointed in this seasons's Undercover? FW16 was so amazing and this show seems so understated and uninspired compared to the fairytale-like vibe he created for fw16.

www.voguearchive.com

>not free
ugh

oops youtu.be/xqxw5jNlN2M

>sexy

This collection was sleazy, not sexy.

chalayan recieves a great deal of praise and attention. his shows even back to his early days have tens of thousands of views. gifs of his transforming dresses have circulated on tumblr with similar number of reposts. he is widely known and respected.

The shit Versace pulled off in the past makes this SLP collection look mild

Yes he's very well known, but in comparison to other conceptual designers such as Rei, Junya, Margiela, etc., his shows aren't such a hot ticket item as they used to be. Most times his name is brought up it's about his collections from the early 2000s and work from his recent years isn't usually discussed as much, probably because he has mostly stopped with the large spectacles in favour of wearability. I wouldn't really consider reblogs as fair attention because some/lots of tumblr users don't really care to seek out source material. Even when talking to my classmates, usually their only (vague) knowledge of his work is the table dress and only the dress and never anything about his concepts.

True. I can't believe his shows are so under appreciated even though they consistently to this day deliver interesting concepts and pieces each season. At least compared to Vetements and the like.

Delpozo is t o o g o o d for nyfw desu. The shapes are stunning and the collections always feel fresh. It's a huge departure from Font's work at his own label where I thought everything looked super dated.

oh wow another Begian designer?how other nation can even compete

Well they are not exactly newcomers in the fashion scene but yea

Do any of you like Marcelo Burlon? I've liked his stuff for the past 2 or 3 seasons. Im not such a fan of the daisy dukes or the socks+slides but I think his distressing is very controlled and reminds me of undercover, and although I dislike socks+slides, I think they suit the rest of the outfit here and aren't flashy.

That's a really nice photo. Saved.