Boots for work

I like both of these boots for grounds keeping work I will be starting Monday. Which of these two should u get?

Keep in mind I'm 24 and look young.

The top one is like $20 more idk why...

OP pic related has a steel shank
you don't need that

idk what that is? which boot looks better though? i am terrible at deciding

it's a piece of steel running the length of the sole that strengthens the sole
it's to prevent foot injury when working in a place with uneven surfaces

true, i dont need that.
ok so which looks better though?

WHICH LOOKS BETTER!

They're work boots who cares

fuck youre right, i just wanna be confident in what i am wearing.
So should i go with the top boots? i cant make my own decisions man.
Idk what work boot to buy!

Bottom one has a lug sole
Better for outdoor work

thanks, im thinking of going with that.
the top one kinda has a weird shape to the toe, does it not?

They're steel toed

Wait. I won't find a steel toed boot that doesn't have that shape!?

It needs that to maintain the integrity
You won't care about the shape of the boot when something falls on your boot and doesn't break your bones

So these don't look bad on a young 24 year old?
I just wanna get in st work and not look goofy

Dude you're working in groundskeeping, if your boots get made fun of it's going to be because they look so new. You might get a comment like "Never done any work before kid?" since they're new.

Groundskeeping crews tend to be middle aged dudes who don't give a fuck about fashion in my experience. They're not going to seriously judge you unless you show up in Rick Owens or something they consider really weird.

You're doing manual labor nobody gives a fuck what you're wearing
About ten years ago i got pulled aside by a security guard who said I was the first person he'd seen in a Mishka shirt since he moved from LA
Think I give a fuck about some rent a cop in a golf cart? Definitely not, sorry lol

This is about as fashionable as groundskeepers get.

if he had a dad cap he'd actually look aight

What's a dad cap?

Alright I'm going to stop batching and dwelling on my boots. I have mental issues if that wasn't obvious. I admit I've never worn boots in my life until today and I just feel self conscious about them. I've always been like this.

So as long as you guys think the boots like fine and normal then that's OK.
Or if you guys think the boots I have won't be great for outdoors work maybe suggest another pair?

wanna get approval from this board? get a pair of Danner / NBs and just wear them til they're destroyed

Here is another pic. I still have tomorrow to exchange them

lol wait you already bought them?

Uh...
Yes :) before I made thread.
I fucked up I know!

nah you made a good call; next time just ask in recent cops though

Ah so they aren't bad looking? Thanks user. Glad I didn't do too bad on my first boot purchase. I'll do that next. :)

yeah it keeps the board more organized if threads aren't getting archived every few minutes
and honestly most of the conversations gravitate toward a couple of topics

I would go with the first choice. They look good and will look cooler once they start breaking in and get covered in dirt and grime.

I did groundskeeper work for like a year with a pair of Irish Setters and was very happy with them, except if I could do it again I would get a pair WITHOUT the steel toe.

Steel Toe was great for the one or two times I had to move foot-crushingly huge stuff but 99% of the time it just pinched the hell out of my toes. Also makes it hard to bend down or crawl around. If I had enough money I might've gotten a regular pair AND a steel toe pair. Moving big stuff is usually something you are warned about it advance, it never just springs up out of nowhere.

OP pic is steel toed

Ya my job said steel toed is a must. At least they give me a $93 reimbursement. We'll I'm content with the boots now. I'm going to move on