No interior thread? I'll dump a few I have

No interior thread? I'll dump a few I have

Other urls found in this thread:

brandlhuber.com/0131-antivilla-krampnitz/
youtube.com/watch?v=SIQlWkYijLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's it folks, keep the good vibe goin' :^)

I have no furniture anymore, not even a bed frame atm... Is young-Jobs core Veeky Forums?

No, you dumb stinky fuck. Enjoy your cancer, lmao.

>tfw no space in room to consider being Veeky Forums
>bed alone takes up 3/4 the size of the room

hey, you, be nice

To all you youngn's itt. You should all live with your parents as long as possible and squirrel away all your money. Apartments and what not are fun, Veeky Forums, I know. But you're literally throwing your money away. Giving it to someone else, only to have your rent raised by literally $100 every year, if not more, with nothing to show for it.

Buy a house. A small house. Yes, taxes. Yes, this and that. I bought a home in upstate NY. Not too upstate, like right outside westchester ny. I'm on a fucking lake. A small 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom lake cottage. Wood floors etc. Huge upstairs loft with windows looking over the lake. It was a forclosure. Buy a fucking foreclosure and fix it up.

All my taxes are escrowed into my payments. I also get star exemption, a check..real money sent to me every month for not having children. It's a school tax discount. It's a couple hundred a month. I pay $1,306.00 a month. My utilities are nyesegg. 90 bucks a month and heating is low. All together I pay about 1500. FOR A FUCKING HOUSE. On a lake. That I can do anything I want with, update, increase value AND SELL TO MAKE A PROFIT.

Buy land, buy real estate. Don't waste your money on rent. My payments went up a mere 4 dollars last year due to city tax increase. Better than a hundred.

>Buy land, buy real estate.
nigga, i can't even afford a pair of sneakers

>You should live with your parents as long as possible

Why didn't I listen to my parents when they told me this? My dignity to face the world as an man clouded my mind to the point I felt I needed to move out by age 20 or I'm a fuck up in life.

Cheers to being independent though, right?

>just turned 27 and still living with parents
am i doing good?

when do i get my house?

Pics of said house?

But I don't want a house. 2 bedroom flat is perfect.

House bro here from that post. I moved out at 28. I'm in my 30's. I know..browsing Veeky Forums. I'm a loser.

I understand. But do realize all that money you spend is gone. You have nothing. Here in the states, they raise your rent yearly by 100's (usd)

I know it's not much, but it's mine. This is like a little room right outside the kitchen, that leads to the back yard. Yeah I have a neighbor, but my yard leads right to the water.

This is the before and after.

edit: I got rid of those fucking chairs.

Absolutely cheers to that.

Gonna dump, thank me later

Architect student with interest in design here. If anyone here has any questions, I am glad to help~

What's the current interior design fashion trend and what's next?

POst good blogs and sites about architecture design etc. Also blogs with room inspos.

I'm thinking to use mats as room partitions but I don't want to keep the space underneath it empty. How do I fix this problem? How do I completely seal it?

divisare
architecture italiana
subtilitas
designmilk

normie stuff like designboom, archdaily

Sorry for taking so long, I am typing on my phone. Also, this is from a European perspective, so the experience for Americans may be different.

Mainstream: meme-minimalism slowly going into soft brutalism. Anything Scandinavian. White and black, concrete, glass, and natural wood. Clean lines and hidden detailing, sparse and "tasteful" decorations. Eames chairs, Tom Dixon lights and accessories, Vitra and Muji anything.

Avantgarde: post-modernism. Anything Italian. Primaries and pastels, Memphis patterns, marble, plastic, ceramic tiles and mirror polish metals. Sincere exposure of detailing, shitloads of plants. Max Lamb furniture, found accessories.

SOCKS Studio
Domus
Architectuul
Misfits Architecture
Fuck Yeah Brutalism

I'll try to post some pictures that aren't exactly interior design, but capture the mood and aesthetic I'm seeing lately.

As in floor mats?

Divisare is god tier, agreed

One of my favourite projects lately: brandlhuber.com/0131-antivilla-krampnitz/

Kinda like that but I'm not sure. I'd love suggestions.

You could use xps foam insulation, ribbed polycarbonate or heavy curtains as flexible spatial dividers

You should know that a lot of us in the US are trapped now though. We entered the rent cycle, can't afford to save, rent goes up so even when you get more money, it still goes. It's constantly shown that most Americans don't even have $1000 in savings and once you're stuck, you're stuck. I'm trying to drag myself out but education costs more, can't get a good job and go to school at the same time.

Here are some (unedited) highlights from this year's Venice Architecture Biennale.

godtier
youtube.com/watch?v=SIQlWkYijLM

ill post what i have in my references folder

I'll stop shitting up the thread and just finish with a pic of my current room.

what if I buy and apartment and then when I get a stable job I buy my own house and rent my apartment to someone else?

Berlin?

>Implying I make 1500 a month

Nope, I wish. Slovenia actually.

if you are saving loads of money in the process then yeah youre doing fine.

If you are blowing all your money then no you are not doing fine and are setting yourself back horribly

you dont buy apartments. I believe you can buy condos, so if you want to go that route then do that. dont rent an apartment expecting any sort of return on your investment

whats the difference between apartment and condo?

back to continue dumping more of my reference folder. I've already sketched this one, with a few changes. I feel warehouse living spaces are the best.

i should clarify i pick pieces that look organic, but still have some structure, and typically with texture or unique lines. if you have requests let me know.

what does fa think of birch branches?

Andrea Branzi did it better

well just in general, i'll check out how she used them

Ayy westchester bruh

I'm here with you bro... Stuck in the belly of this horrible machine

see pic related

Is this before he got AIDS or is he wearing a wig here?

a condo is an apartment you can buy
usually has HOA fees

what is the hidden fee though? mortgage payments are much lower than apartment rent? I know there is a down payment due but what am i missing?

>books stacked all the way to the ceiling
guess you'd never get to read those ones at the bottom

not the person you're talking to but

>mortgage payments are much lower than apartment rent?
depends entirely on how much the place you buy costs and how much money you put down.

>what is the hidden fee though?
hoa fees? in condos they help pay for general upkeep of facilities and amenities (pool, gym, laundry room, security). you also have to pay property tax when you own a place that you don't have to pay when you rent. also, you have to pay to fix shit that goes wrong over time; plumbing issues, electrical issues, general upkeep; when you rent, you generally don't have to pay for any of that.

the idea of owning your own place is nice. it makes sense if you're married and locked into good local public sector jobs and are going to have kids and are putting down roots somewhere with good schools, etc.

but there are a lot of fucking headaches when you own a place. i had my upstairs bathroom flood, and have been dealing with insurance and contractors and shit and will probably be remodeling until december. i also found a few termites this week after having the roof spot-treated a few months ago; meaning i'm going to need to get the house tented again. there goes $5000. have to get the house re-shingled every 10-12years. have to get the house painted every 7-10 years. two of my neighbors just had pipes burst due to thin copper being used in construction; insurance covers damage, but not repairing the pipes. if that happens, the house gets torn up to replace the plumbing and it's a 50k+ bill, meaning likely another loan or line of credit.

so what i'm getting at, for everyone itt, is that renting has its perks. and while you feel like you're throwing your money away and getting nothing in return, keeping your house in shape feels like the same fucking treadmill with the added bonus of being trapped.

also, I'm stuck in it too. But I love my urban apartment..

When you rent you can move when you change jobs or if the neighborhood changes.

There are alot of people in detroit and las vegas that were not smart for buying a home.

If you find yourself at a point in your career where you do not have to worry about extended periods of unemployment, or under-employment, and you are in a city where you intended to stay for the remainder of your career (LA for media, NYC for finance, SF for tech) then by all means, buy a starter apartment.

If you plan on being single for a while, stay there.

If you plan on having kids, buy a house in a good school district.

Otherwise rent.

Bump

Vegetables are the best decoration :)

cool room. i love the black and white poster on the white wall
where did u buy the clothing rail?