Can someone explain why Veeky Forums hates H&M again? Is it because it's cheap or normie-core...

Can someone explain why Veeky Forums hates H&M again? Is it because it's cheap or normie-core, or is there no reason at all?

They only have horribly fitting basics and ultra low quality hyped shit, atm streetwear crap.
It's the perfect example of a lower mall-tier company, if you don't kniw what that is, read the sticky

/thread

Because it's literally the gap but worse.
Stuff from H&M falls apart so quickly.

>go to mall on saturday
>h&m opening for the first time in the country
>people have been lining up since 6am
>line of probably 300+ people to get in
>production ethics protesters removed
>press' passes get revoked when they try to speak to the protestors
>loud shitty pop music playing
>friend who works at a fast food place there said there was a 10min wait time to order
>get my groceries and leave in disgust
essentially its low quality unethically produced fast fashion marketed as a 'global fashion icon' around the city. people see this and establish the mindset that this is a brand that everyone around the world likes, therefore it must be good and anything signifigantly different in terms of design or price is scary and must be bad

it really isn't all that bad. a lot of there stuff is pretty poorly made, but thats because its so cheap. i own a few coats from there and they aren't too bad. i have no problem with hm. its just cool on fa to shit on hm.

considering most of Veeky Forums is comprised of teens/poors, i think you'll find that the majority of of Veeky Forums has no problem with h&m or any fast fashion brand for that matter.

the positives of fast fashion:
enables people to look "fashionable" or "on trend" for a low price

the negatives of fast fashion:
speeds up trend cycles, which encourages blind consumerism and waste
rewards the fastest to market and not the originator/innovator
rewards planned obsolescence; clothes become disposable goods only expected/needed to last one season

i mean it comes down to things like values and ethics and how one balances them against material wants, needs, and a budget. just like any buying decision anyone makes.

most people in modern society prize cost over everything. there has been some pushback in recent years where people have become more willing to pay more for fewer things that last longer and/or alleviate some moral/ethical quandary. but walmart is still making lots of money as well. and the people who shop there have never thought twice about it.

Its the quality bro, a plain tee from there will fall apart in a few washes and pants will break up within 6 months, and i speak out of experience, dont buy anything there expecting it to last you for more than half a year.

OP here, thanks guys, I appreciate the posts. I'm not too familiar with the store and was curious why everyone seemed to dislike it.

I like the fit of H&M's 100% cotton t-shirts, but the quality is shit. I've tried Uniqlo's supima t-shirts, and while I like the feel and quality, I hate the fit.

So, my question is: who sells shirts with a similar fit to H&M but more Uniqlo quality?

H&M is pretty good for the price point.

There is no ethical conspumption under capitalism, you pretentious cuck.

h&m is mostly shit but divided basics are pretty easily the best shirts you can buy for ten dollars or less. fits are generally pretty good if you want oversized comfy scoop neck type stuff

anybody saying they fall apart in the wash doesnt know how to do laundry, ive got several tees going strong for about two years now

Try: COS, WE, Espirit, S.Oliver, Mango, C&A, Scotch & Soda, Talking French, Massimo Dutti, Zara, F21, Paprika, etc.

The styles aren't bad, but the quality is piss poor. I bought a pair of shoes for work there. The heels collapsed and they came apart at the seams.

Actually their suit jackets and pants are okay for the price.

Auckland? Wouldn't mind actually checking it out to see what all the constant bitching is about it on here. Wonder if there's any plans for one in Welly

Their quality is poor and you'll look pretty basic in their pieces. It's sort of a guilty pleasure for me though, cause their stuff is freaking C H E A P and it's the only large selection store in my country that offers cheap shipping and free returns, which is a good thing to have when few clothes fit you properly. I once wore 3 HM pieces in a single fit.

The buy cheaply then wear for a year mentality isn't inherently bad, as it allows poorer people who can't afford trendy clothes right off the bat to look somewhat fashionable. Back in the 80s, poor people went to thrift shops. It also allows regular people to ride trends without going broke, however this causes trends to die out faster too.

Most people I see speak positively of fast fashion brands tend to say they buy their basics there, but I feel that's the wrong way of going about it. Basics that you know you'll wear every single day should be of high quality. Get shit that you're not sure you're gonna wear often from there instead.

At the end of the day, most people don't care even close to as much about their clothes as we, who regular a fashion white supremacist anime imageboard, so they won't really care about the drawbacks. I'm glad they exist though.

i like the not fuccboi tier divided stuff (basic tees, hoodies, etc.) bc its super cheap and looks decent enough so i can have stuff i dont have to worry about fucking up for concerts or exploring or whatever

fast fashion, enough said

just thrift

when you thrift. unless you're thrifting at an urban thrift which only has overpriced used clothes, then you won't find any pants or jeans in a slim. It's mostly dad-core clothes

anybody know similar brands that offer semi cheap clothes for better quality.

if you bulked up and didn't have tiny spindly twiggy little legs it wouldn't be a problem m8

lol, all I do is leg work. I run cross country at my uni.

Dunno what you guys do with your clothes but I haven't had a single H&M piece fall apart

I think he means with weights and increasing the girth of your legs. essentially turning you into a t-rex since you do xcountry

that's a lie. and even if it were true it still wouldn't be much of an issue.

>leg work
>cross country

>get ugly fat legs
nice try porky you wont fool me

it would, cuz then i'd have to pay money to get the pants tailored.

Uniqlo
Cotton On
Zara

lol, not sure he meant get fat legs

pants don't need to be slim to look good tho

i know what you mean, i love straight fitting wool trousers but it seems like all the ones I find at big thrifts like salvation army or good will are huge as fuck

Yeah Auckland. My mother wants to go take a look when its calmed down so Ill go in too then I suppose .

i pretty much only shop at h&m. they have clothes that fit tall skinny people and i like the brands they carry. LOGG makes some dope skinny chinos.

Divided is decent. Don't know what people are doing to their clothes that are causing them to "fall apart", but mine have no signs of wear and tear.

I have a few logg and divided things that I like.

please educate yourself

I think the general opinion on here is that it's average for basics, but not great quality overall.

To be fair there isn't a lot to shit on. Fast fashion is what it is. You shouldn't be expecting amazing shit if you buy something there.

me neither.

>muh ethics
>>>/reddit/

Because the quality of most of the stuff is even worse than primark somehow

Topman