Neo-Rockstar Thread

Well, is 2016 fa/, how can I dress like a rockstar in le current year? Can somebody put it off, nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bwSFuML3IzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=E58qLXBfLrs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it really all about leather jackets ?

jacket: BODA Skins Biker
shirt: mosquino

>Can somebody put it off, nowadays?

not with that attitude

You're asking a fashion board to dress you and asking if it's achievable in the modern year, which means no, you're not gonna be able to pull it off. Put away the spoon and bib first, and gain some confidence next.

is right too. There's more to "Neo-Rockstar" than wearing leather jackets, you have to be able to define clear constraints for you how you'd like to appear, and what'd you need to do in order to do so. You'd want to develop a set of attributes fitting for these set of principles; nonconformity, a disinterest in others, and a bit of arrogance, if you can't feel comfortable first then you're just wearing a costume.

me an ye pull it off easy desu

"Pablo bought a Roley and a rottweiler
Seem like the more fame, I only got wilder."

are you in a band? if not no this will look retarded on some mid-west neet living with mommy and daddy in the burbs whose hobbies include anime and "shopping"
fuck off faggot

embarrassing post

Is that Wyatt or fletcher??

mosquito

Swear that looks just like the garden but I guess slp runway models all have similar frames sorry m8

rock is dead, hiphop is the new rock

“I’m such a futurist that I have to slow down and talk in the present.”
yeah was a joke (ofc)

>rock is dead, hiphop is the new rock

youtube.com/watch?v=bwSFuML3IzQ

"We the new Rockstars, and I'm the biggest of all of 'em."

As you say it´s "the current year". As it stands, nearly all cultural facets have already been separated, sanitised and generally repurposed to suit the ends of a global market for context-less identities and "cultural capital" free from messy "purpose" or "meaning". So feel free to dress as a rockstar, you won´t look any more stupid than we all do already.

>kanye west

just keep digging that hole deeper my man

please leave Veeky Forums and never come back
thank you

"Excuse me, was you saying something?
Uh uh, you can't tell me nothing
You can't tell me nothing
Uh uh, you can't tell me nothing"

I'm just a simple Disciple of the New Slaves.
Don't hape me 'cuz you ain't me.

*hate me

forgot song

youtube.com/watch?v=E58qLXBfLrs

You look like a teenager. Cringy balmemes

ali tier jacket

I pull it off every day.

They're all real, btw.

I'm not that guy. I prefer organic instruments myself and was a metalhead in my teenage years but I agree that in terms of cultural relevance/chart position hip hop is the new rock and roll.I think that rock will become in the next years more and more just like jazz a niche thing.

Forgot the pic

yeah man i love kid cudi too

You forgot to keep in mind that SLP models are not manlets. you look ridiculous my boy

Actually, I'm listening to this for the first time now. Still mixed feelings.

lmao i remember this thread

maximum keks when he posted a fake tag and then deleted all his posts

This is so cringey I hate to think there'speople like this. Rap was a mistake.

you can't pull it off unless you're in a scene and life a certain lifestyle. the clean and homogenized rock aesthetic popularized by hedi over the last five years looks bad on 99% of people. having a coke or heroin addiction and not showering often is a good start. passing out on the street after getting hit by a car is also necessary.

make it more extreme
set yourself apart from the mass
do it right

the "real" rock stars today thrift their clothing because they're too poor to do anything else

fast fashion, slp, monnochrome, etc. all just makes you look like a raging asshat who watches "fashion youtubers"

for white people: pic related
rest of the world: kanye west
/thread

lil uzi vert

where are their stands?

what about og maco?

someone can

you can't

here:

god I hate those shoes

Dont try so hard. Pic related is a pretty simple fit for example

How do you know he can't?

When you know a trend has been beat to death.

What trend?

because he's asking

this more of an example of what not to do

Lol fuck you kanye is more fashionable in his worst outfits than this entitled board of skinny boring rich white boys combined hahaha

I don't get how people can fuck up this bad, do they not try their pieces on before they buy them?

fitting is fucking everything

holy shit that is awful stop

are you a pr rep for kanye or something

or just a 15 year old

What about this is bad at all? Its a literal rockstar wearing a denim jacket, t shirt, jeans, and boots.

needs to lose the low cut v-neck,also his pants are sagging and stretching.

more like the new pop, pop literally meaning popular music. Rap is coming into style as new wave did in the 80's, grunge in the 90s, etc.

also rock is not dead, although it has taken on new forms (progressive rock, alt rock, post rock etc.)

theres nothing wrong with wearing that fit during your day, buying groceries or cigarettes or whatever you do. the problem is impressionable people who fall for the 'trend' and start thinking this shit is the epitome of fashion and disregard the other 99% of "rock clothing"

literally everything is too tight and gives off a very tacky vibe, he's practically bursting out of his jacket

shoes look massive

just seems like your typical "rockstar as seen through early 2000s lense" look

To be fair, with a lot of designers you can never actually tell if something even fits the way it should. Unless you buy stuff that is pretty clean cut you never know if that pants is supposed to have a dropped crotch, is this jeans supposed to stack like this, are the sleeves supposed to be this long etc.

Best example are Dior Homme jeans. Bach when I bought them (which was like 6 years ago or something, nowadays I dont even wear jeans anymore) their entire selling point was the fact that they stacked the way they did. Someone who didnt know that would have brought them to a tailor and asked them to adjust their length. Just to give an example of how "something that looks like it doesnt fit" might as well be the intended way of it fitting.

But to answer your question: Most people dont because they order online. I live in a big city but I still order most my stuff online. Why? Because its easier, theres more shit to choose from, stuff usually fits me and if it doesnt the company has a legal obligation to offer me a refund for at least 2 weeks. I can also look at the piece at home, where there are no fucked up mirrors or lightning. I honestly think that online shopping is just so fucking chill for men because we have clear cut sizes. We dont need to try on dresses etc.

this jacket
those wristbands

stop

that looks sick, also just watched Grease and travolta looked dope

I'm 5'6 how do I become 6'4? been 5'6 for like 4 years now

also why were the attractive males tall and ugly ones short?

jacket is ugly
pant material doesn't really fit with jacket leather
your torso is also kinda long start tucking in your t-shirts
boots don't look good

>tfw deadlift lockout is right below balls
I fucking hate having short arms it is so ugly

guys give me one reason to why I shouldn't replace my vertebrates one by one with bigger ones that is 3D printed to slowly become taller

ok guys apparently a guy that had cancer tumour removed got a few vertabraes replaced by 3d printed ones. if I increase the height of each vertebrae of almost 1cm I'll go from 5'6 to 6'2, I already have long legs so I will increase my shins by 2 inches each, I will also then do get longer clavicles and longer arms by like a total of 5 inches

God that looks so bad

Idiot. Everyone loves a good rockstar look.

Looks pretty good user. I dont see anything wrong with it.

this board has gone past the point of no return

easy

fuck yes

only acceptable looks in this thread

everything else is watered down inoffensive bullshit for nancy boys

This thread had potential.

HURR ESS ELLE PEA AESTHETIC
FW13 WYATTS ONLY

go back to ktt