Why didn't the Romans ever try to conquer anything south of the Carthaginian Empire? Wouldn't it be really fucking easy?

Why didn't the Romans ever try to conquer anything south of the Carthaginian Empire? Wouldn't it be really fucking easy?

No one can be this geographically inept, right?

because south of the Carthaginian empire is useless desert

yeah with nobody there so it would have been easy pickings for the romans

literally nothing there but african tribes that would constantly raid and chimp out
no fertile land at all
why would they is a better question

wew lad
prime territory for empire building right here

Why didn't they just kill the Africans though?

why didn't the romans just take off their togas and shit in their own mouths?

I'm sure they did because they were degenerate homosexuals.

why didn't the romans just build the Great Wall wonder

Not advanced enough to colonize the Saharan regions of Africa.

why didn't the romans ever try to conquer mars? wouldn't they have wanted to have their god planet as part of the empire?

They built plenty of great walls. Hadrian walls, aurelian walls, theodician walls.

You're fucking dumb
They weren't a spacefaring civilization yet

Do you understand supply chains and disease are as important factors as military ability?

You know this thread really does make you think.
Why DIDN'T Rome conquer the city of Atlantis, it should be easy pickings considering everyone who lived there drowned.

Its nothing but fucking sand as far as the eye can see and Saharan african countries dwarf european ones as well.

But they did

Is this civ 5 or something?

Why didn't the Romans conquer Los Angeles?

No, it actually happened. Crazy, I know.

Because the coastal areas are nice and useful, the Sahara wasn't important at that time.

Augustus campaigned in Ethiopia but lost

Damn Italians never learn

it's a civ joke dood

It's not just desert, there were populated areas not under Roman control. The desert nowadays is larger than during those times, you could grow olive trees a far distance inland, nowadays almost everything is just desert.

The populations there used to be troublesome for the Romans, in today's Lybia there are ruins of a series of Roman fortifications, to thwart those people.
They were highly mobile, and likely nomads. Due to that, they would be very hard for the Romams to control, and also tended to raid Roman settlements.

Pic related, Roman ruins on what now is desert

>unidentified blue owns my country and eastern Aussie
W-what

The dark blue is Korea

>Playing in the grass
>Children build nothing
>Playing in the sand
>Children build castles

You trying to say the Romans were worse at civil engineering than a child?

I hope you dumb shits realize that Ethiopia is south of Carthage and it was important enough for Persia to try and conquer it before they even looked at Greece.

How come Romans did 9/11?

kek'd

I think reading this fucking thread made me dumber.

They didn't kill enough jews

It's south of Egypt, south-east of Carthage. The Nile offers a direct connection from Egypt to Sudan (which is what Herodotus talks about when saying Ethiopia).

You're thinking of the Greeks

The Romans adopted Greek culture.

You know where there is grass there is also trees, stones, earth. You know, things to actually build stuff with. What do you want to do? Build a giant sandcastle?

It's a fucking desert