"only blacks are real Africans"

>"only blacks are real Africans"

Why do people (meaning Americans) unironically believe this bullshit statement even though the word AFRICA originally referred only to the northern parts and not the ones south of Sahara?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21082907
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>"only blacks are real Africans"

said no one ever

good thread

Niggers all togheter

Is this your first day on this board?

I'm from Morocco and never heard anyone ever say that. It would be hilarious though.

whether I'm new or not doesn't make your thread any less retarded

We literally had a massive thread yesterday where people kept saying Carthaginians, Egyptians and even Cushites were "not African".

The same reason that Americans get butthurt about calling Indians or middle easterners 'asians'

North african call blacks "african"

And the French call Germans and the Portuguese European

Doesn't make the French not European

Because words change connotation over time. As the modern age progressed more attention was given to the discovery and investigation of the interior of Africa south of the Sahara, hence Sub-Saharan Africa. As, in terms of resources and political attention, this portion of the continent became more and more of the focus of European powers, the denotation of "African" shifted there as well.

They're two very different regions and grouping them together is rather awkward, in the same way you would feel odd referring to an Arab as Asian.

Thats not true. To say he's German or Portuguese a French will say... He's German or he's Portuguese.

A north african to say he's black will say he's african

>Missing my point on purpose

looks like his first time on this website actually

>American education

Or spics being called americans. We unironically do that in my homeland.

>you would feel odd referring to an Arab as Asian

Americans, everyone.

Fine then, Eurocuck. HERE, at least, we would refer to a Jap or Korean or Chinaman as "Asian" by first instinct, but a Syrian or Iraqi as "Arab" first. It's the same damn thing, you haven't disproven me.

Well I guess he means
"... except for the false flag shitposting cancer ruining what could have been a half-decent board."

When someone says African people think black. Nothing wrong with that, most Africans around the world are black.

Just like people think Asian and conjure up an image of a Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Indonesian person even though India is in Asia (except in UK)

Anyways black Africans were there originally, in Tunisia for example and the Draa in Morocco and basically all the oases after the Sahara desert formed.

>even though the word AFRICA originally referred only to the northern parts
Didn't "Africa" originally only refer to the province of Africa aka Tunisia and West Lybia

I have literally never heard anyone say this.

Tfw my surname is Africanus and I'm black

>said no one ever
Black nationalists in the US like to say it.

White nationalists believe native Americans are White and North Africans were originally White

>black Africans were there originally, in Tunisia for example and the Draa in Morocco and basically all the oases after the Sahara desert formed.

where can i read more about this? I've heard of it before

So I was reading in this piece of science fiction that people in the middle east are racist against people from Morocco and Algeria for being "Berbers". Can anyone explain this? Are Berbers believed to be from Africa whereas everyone else is a "purer" middle easterner?

Berbers were historically looked down upon by settled Arabs for being nomadshits.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21082907

This is why I cringe when people speak of Berbers as being 1. White originally 2. Pure by any means 3. Not effected by European and neolithic Middle Eastern peoples

North Africans are still white.

Dude, no one cares if those people living in north Africa 20,000 years ago were closely related to sub Saharan's. History only goes back 8000 years at most.

No.
>history on goes back 8,000 years

No. Also this is very important in understanding the peopling of North Africa.

>"only blacks are real humans"