What is your top 3 of historical figures that you would like a conversation with, Veeky Forums?

What is your top 3 of historical figures that you would like a conversation with, Veeky Forums?

What would you ask or tell them?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.exeter.ac.uk/stoicismtoday/2013/12/05/features-stoicism-and-christianity-by-jules-evans/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Évariste Galois, Vladimir Lenin and Jesus Christ

I would sit Plato down with Plotinus and try to figure out just what the hell happened.

>Sokrates looked like a dindu
>Plato looked like a beta
>Aristotle looked like an alpha

it would also be interesting to see the interactions between three of history's greatest/most remarkable people, for example having Peter the Great sit down with Lenin and Putin

Epictetus, Descartes (even though I hate him), and Alexander Hamilton.

>Aristotle
>balding, tired eyes, wrinkles
>somehow alpha

>Plato
>hair and beard packed with testosterone, youthful face
>somehow beta

You need glasses.

OP here,
seeing that the first question mustered together a lot of replies, I'm still curious about what Veeky Forums would ask/tell these men (or women)

(inb4 telling Napoleon not to invade Russia)

I'd want to hear Epictetus' life story, told by him.

I'd want to tell Descartes that he's a fucking idiot and explain why his ontological argument that he stole from Anselm is garbage.

I'd want to inform Hamilton of how important it is that he stops caring about honor because it's a spook.

I'm a huge fan of the Stoics.

Supposing there was a translation:

Epictetus
Hadrian
Jesus

Hadrian was a student of Epictetus. It would be amazing to see the Emperor and the old Master discussing about Hadrian's rule, where he did right, where he did wrong, etc. Hadrian was a wise, just and overall great Roman Emperor. Yet, in many ways he fell short of the ideals he learned. What makes a man great?

Jesus and Epictetus talking about Ethics and how to best serve God would be amazing.

>Epictetus
>serving god

Topkek, you realize Epictetus would spit on that filthy Platonist Jew, right?

Julius Caesar
Thomas Jefferson
Nietzsche

Epictetus was extremely theistic.

Yes, polytheistic. Not a filthy monotheistic joke.

The Stoics were monotheistic.

I'd go around with Stirner shouting "THAT'S A SPOOK" to people

I want to sit in a cozy London pub and have a drunken four-way argument with GK Chesterton, HG Wells and GB Shaw.

Alternatively I'd love to sit in a tent with Ibn Khaldun and Tamerlane as they talked shop during the seige of Damascus.

Socrates and Nietzsche, with Cicero serving as an arbiter.

But then Niezsche, despite his good prose writing, might not have had good rethorical skils and could be easily BTFO by Socrates. So Plato maybe?

blogs.exeter.ac.uk/stoicismtoday/2013/12/05/features-stoicism-and-christianity-by-jules-evans/

Jesus, Mohammed, and Moses.

Time to understand the true nature of the Abrahamic faith. Set up a video camera and settle this shit once and for all.

>might not have had good rethorical skils
He was a fucking Professor.

Which fell through, as I recall.

So? Most Professors are low energy.

Kant
Plato
Socrates

Low energy?

Constantine XI
Lucian of Samosata
George Washington

Napoleon
Zhukov
Trajan

I would converse with Caesar about his plans for the Republic. I want to know if he truly wanted to reform Rome into his personal Empire, or whether it was just Augustus seizing the power vacuum. I personally believe he was just acting as political power should have required of him, but he never wanted to change the institution.
I wanna talk with Marcus Aurelius about stoicism and how to control myself.
My third would be for Patton, because he was just a jolly man and I think it would be enjoyable to have a lunch with him.

Kant, dat noumenon
Ben Franklin, I too like to chase the skirts of french ladies
And Stalin. What was that cheeky fuck thinking?

>Plato
>Literally a nickname meaning Big Guy 4 U
>Beta

No.