decantshop.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Threadly reminder that Tom Ford Private Blend is not as good as you think it is, as well as wayyy overpriced for the shitty sillage and/or longevity.

>shitty sillage and/or longevity
wut

regardless of how it smells, most of them are sillage bombs except for Neroli Portofino, its flankers, and their other summery scents

>Tobacco Vanille
>Tuscan Leather
>Plum Japonais
>Noir de Noir
>Oud Wood
way easy to gas people people with these scents

>and/or longevity

Well since we're already almost there, let's start this off with a topic question of the thread?

What are the most overrated or overpriced frags circlejerked by the frag enthusiast community?

Aventus, by far

Tabacco Vanille. After so much praise, I couldn't believe how straightforward it was. Parfums de Marly Herod is what I expected TV to be.

(Not a TF hater; NDN and TL are absolutely gorgeous)

Same. Can't help but feel like there's something I'm missing considering the universal acclaim

What's a solid bad/pretty boy fragrance? No price range, good for like 50s rainy weather. I dress kind of like street wear/monochrome. Thanks.

Going to ask again, because I didn't get many responses

Looking for an oriental, long-lasting fragrance that's appropriate for warm weather

Plz help

Nightflight by Joop!

>oriental
>for warm weather
good luck senpai

off the top of my head, maybe Body Kouros? i dont really get too much of a oriental vibe from it

I said it last thread as well, but OP image is what you're looking for if you want an oriental that can be worn in warm weather. As says, you're looking for something kind of uncommon.

Looking for a floral, masculine or androgynous fragrance that uses unusual flower notes.

I would also like it to have good longevity and be summer appropriate.

Any recommendations?

sucks when ur poor and u have to worry about the price tag of ur fragrances rather than the scents

20 y/o here. thoughts on my collection?
some of my shit is like 8 years old.
>who actually finishes bottles of cologne?

>buy 40 samples
>oh, smelling is cool and fun, i want to smell more
>buy 75 more samples
>moment of realization
>spent nearly $500 this month on perfume
>still don't own a bottle of perfume

i feel like i'm doing this wrong

which are your favourites?

Dem greasy finger marks

I apply a scentless moisturizer to my neck/chest before I spray to make the sprays last a little longer. that means my hands are greasy as fuck when I go to apply it.

so far?

diptyque eau duelle edt (have the parfum coming to see if i like it better)
bryedo gypsy water
tom ford noir de noir
dior homme

kinda trying to stay away from memes and designer stuff, as i don't want to smell like everyone else. but i also don't want to rule anything out without trying it first; 'cause i'm primarily interested in wearing whatever makes me feel good, and if that's a meme scent, so be it.

Is it woody enough?

Male
looking for something around 50/60 euros
Something for the winter, masculine, everyday wear
Any recommendations?

unless you live in a metropolitan area no one except you wears anything other than axe or mediocre designers (acqua di gio, sauvage, cool water, Aventus clones) that you wouldn't be interested in anyway. Even though frags like guerlain vetiver and Dior homme are probably considered 'meme-tier' here, I'd be pretty surprised if I smelled them on someone else.

iktfb

i think i'm gonna pull the trigger soon and buy a bottle of something.... i think

Hermes Eau de Gentiane blanche

i think it fits your description perfectly

fuck you you didnt answer mine last thread faggot

How do I determine which season a fragrance would be used for?

Fresh/Floral = Spring/Summer

Woodsy/Spicy = Autumn/Winter

Just as a general idea. It's not set in stone, however.

basically what said

and get a "feel" for the fragrance itself. would you describe it as "heavy" or "light"? light scents for warm weather, heavy scents for cold weather, e.g., a citrusy scent vs. a spicy vanilla one

I think tobacco vanille and tuscan leather both last 8 hours easily

48 hours if you don't shower.

Ask me how I know.

Thanks.

The only thing preventing me from telling you is the thing that's prevented me from trying anything from the A*MEN line: I hate the bottle. It looks so juvenile. And cheap. It may as well be AXE. A shame though, because I'm sure I'd love Havane and Malt. I would just feel like a douche spraying something that looks like that. A bad bottle ruins the whole experience for me.

You're not alone user.

Third vote for Mugler has shitty bottles which I'd be ashamed to display in my collection.

>angrily addressing the OP pasta
At least try and be polite when demanding to be spoonfed, robot-kun.

Any good, masculine, but prominently violet scents?

I wear the gold JUST by Cavalli and Eau Fraiche by Versace and I regularly get told I smell nice, especially with the Cavalli one (which is a lot more expensive, sadly)

Can anybody recommend a decent tobacco/vanilla/amber scent? Looking for something with fairly decent base notes.

Tobacco Vanille, Eau des Baux, Sweet Tobacco (1821), Tabac Rogue

It's not like they couldn't put it in a more sophisticated bottle. I think that the "dudes" demographic, everyday joes who may conflate elegance with femininity, are probably more likely to try/buy something that doesn't look like a traditional perfume bottle.

That and putting it in a nicer bottle means they'd have to raise the price, if for no other reason than perception and marketing. Part of A*MEN's success is that it's not terribly expensive.

It's the same with Spicebomb or the stuff Paco Rabanne puts out: tacky but memorable bottle designs that are as much part of the product as the scent within. Ironically it reminds me of feminine run of the mill perfume more than anything, with their candy-ass shapes and whatnot.

It's also not helping that all of Mugler's mainstream stuff always had that late 90's / early 2000's Crazy Frog kitschy vibe to my eyes, so even if I liked how A*Men smells, the association itself would kill it for me.

My favourite designer fragrance bottle has got to be either M7 or TF Noir: just a rectangular box with a cap and either a silver stripe or some texture to the sides. In fact, it's what made me pick up M7 in the first place.

Anyone have experience with the Parfum version of Terre d'Hermes?

How is longevity? How does it compare to the regular?

Can't compare it to the edt, but on my skin it's one of those shifty scents that seemingly disappear after a couple of hours but it's just me getting used to them.

I once did the usual four-five sprays in total in the morning and after five hours couldn't really smell it. Another five hours later without reapplying I went to my friends' and the first thing his gf mentioned greeting me was the perfume.

1. Im concerned I smell bad passively. I shower and wash daily and have good personal hygiene, but its always a concern of mine. Any way to check if I do and if so how do I fix it

2. I tend to sweat a reasonable amount. I walk up a hill to college and this is generally when it happens but also passively, or if Im uncomfortable asking something or similar. What can I do here? I just use a standard grocery store deodorant.

get an antiperspirant. I use mitchum unscented roll on antiperspirant (available in supermarkets), but there are other more powerful ones you can buy from drugstores or the internet

a bit of talcum powder in other spots where you sweat a lot can help

>concerned I smell bad passively
>have good personal hygiene
Well, which is it? If you clean yourself thoroughly and shower twice a day, you should be fine. How can you not tell whether or not you smell bad? Either you do, or you don't. Does your laundry smell fresh or is it stale?

If you think you're a bit dank smelling, upgrade to antibacterial bath soap (Dial / Safeguard) and remove body hair in sweat-prone areas.

My clothes smell fine after being washed, though if I try smelling tshirts before theyve been washed, the underarms arent the greatest. Ive shaved my underarms, but Im not sure how much its helped. My main concern with being unable to tell comes from thinking that Ive gotten used to it; I had a class with a guy last year who smelled like rotting water, for lack of a better description, and I figured he must be unaware of it.

Thank you, Ill see if I can find some and use talcum in the meantime.

Man shut the fuck up I like the smell

I believe shaving your underarms will actually cause them to sweat more.

>My favourite designer fragrance bottle has got to be either M7 or TF Noir

Mine's Chanel No.5, or really the whole classic Chanel look (like their Exclusifs line). Clear bottle, black cap, perfect typography on a white field. Bliss. I hate that their Allure line doesn't follow; the A L L U R E across the front... blah. I don't mind Edition Blanche as much for some reason. Would rather it look like Sycomore. Would settle for Egoiste.

Lately I've been in love with pic related though. Have never tried it, but fuck me it's a stunner.

Responding to Sorry bout that.

>buy no samples
>blind buy every bottle after exhausting research
>happy with every purchase

which fragrances have surprised you the most despite exhausting research done on them?

Midnight in Paris. Definitely lives up to every single piece of hype that surrounds it.

I thought it was quite lovely, especially considering the price. But then as I was drinking a glass of wine, I smelled the perfume on my arm and instantly felt nauseated.

There's an artificial note in there, I don't know quite which one, that makes me queasy. Otherwise I'd own a bottle as well.

Some more recent sample reviews

>Escentric Molecules Escentric 01
I really don't like vetiver, and whatever note in this smells like vetiver to me ruins it. If I could get past that, it's a pleasant and low-key fragrance.

Montblanc Individuel
>Ew. Sweet and synthetic. Made me a bit nauseous.

>Perry Ellis 360 Red
Really does smell pretty similar to ADG. A bit less citrusy. It's nice, but I'd probably just stick with ADG if I wanted to wear something like that.

Diptyque - Tam Dao
I thought maybe I'd hate this since I'm not a fan of cypress or some other woody frags, but this was pretty good. I'll definitely be trying it again.

>L'Artisan Tea For Two
Not a fan. As much as I love tea, I haven't found any tea frags that I like. I thought this might be a winner since I like Burberry London which also has noticeable tobacco and cinnamon notes, but the tea smell ruined it. Reminded me of Republic of Tea Dream By The Fire, which I really don't like to drink.

GPH II isn't bad, but the tea note doesn't mesh well with me.

I'm waiting for a bottle of D&G The One to come in -- should've gotten the damn EDP instead of EDT. Oh, well.

>D&G The One
Very good fragrance, great bottle, mediocre typography (hate that stacked text, wish they'd centered "the one" near the top, or done it in handwriting in the middle like the Desire and Essence flankers; D&G placement always looks like it should be lower on the bottle, but can't because "the one" is under it)

>Escentric Molecules Escentric 01
The first time I smelled it, I thought I liked it.

The second time, I wondered what I was thinking the first time.

Will revisit it, but in a world with a million perfumes, I kinda don't know why I'm bothering. It didn't bring me joy, and I didn't find it memorable, so what's the point?

What is the best test of a perfume?

How it smells on you after 3 minutes, 30 minutes, or 3 hours?

What are the best CHEAP scents? Sure, that chart has alot of scents which are $60 or so, but what about cheaper stuff in like the $30 and less range?

What are the essential colognes anyone new to the hobby should have?

I bought a bottle of Mahogany Woods from Bath and Body and it's great since it smells like cedar up front, but then it gets waaay too sweet and booze smelling so I had to return it. Only one of their I really like is Elixir White.

Ive been buying a lot of expensive stuff recently and it's sad that I can't find anything that I love as much as Tabac, or even the discontinued Axe Bergamot.

boss bottled
rochas man
starwalker
individuel
versace pour homme

You didn't like the elixir black?

Yeah, I'd only recommend it to someone who wants to smell nice but doesn't want to smell like they sprayed something on. I like Escentric 02 a lot better though.

I'd say 30 minutes to an hour. At that point, it's the smell that will stick around the longest and it's the smell that other people will be smelling if you put it on before you go out somewhere.

>What are the best CHEAP scents?
go to your local grocery store and rub herbs and fruits on your body

also please not at my local grocery store

deadset
ck one shock is great for the price

CK one (~$20)
Nautica voyage (~$20)
Armaf tres nuit (Green Irish Tweed clone, copped 100ml for $22 online)
Burberry London (~$30)

Is Tuscan Leather the best Tom Ford winter fragrance?

This is me

Granted, I've only bought 2 so far, but I'm 2 for 2

#
Are you me? Approaching 100 bottles, and only three or four were properly tested / demoed beforehand. I'm too impatient to order samples online and too antisocial to go department store bottle sniffing regularly. Still, only a handful of truly regretful purchases and overall very happy with my selections.

I'm partial to Tobacco Oud myself.

Help a virgin out. what is better to wear

1.the meme frags that bitches love

2.or stuf that I love and give me confidence but they don't cus they're tasteless whores. For reference my favorites are Green Irish Tweed and Vetiver Tonka

Most fragrances are pretty palatable to women in general. Women's tastes are pretty basic too, so the 2 can overlap quite easily.

London for Men

this

Is Eau Savage going to suit a guy like me who's 22 and has a bit of a babyface?

Daily reminder that this juice is a fucking sleeper. Put your nose on it and cop a bottle.

This shit is amazing.

>cus they're tasteless whores
If they were tasteless whores you wouldn't be a virgin.

Kekkkkkk

Not for everyone, but I love MDCI's bottle designs, Hellenic imagery, elegant and attention to detail.

It's quite collectable just for the bottle. Shame about the pricing though.

Another good call. I have a tester of that coming specifically because I want to have the bust bottle.

aesthetic

It's very nice but struck me as a mature, white collar, fragrance that would make a 40 year old smell older than he is.

Whether it suits you depends entirely on who you are, where you're wearing it, and what you're trying to accomplish. But one could argue that liking it means it suits you just fine.

this is going to be my first blind buy. thank you kind sir for bringing this cheapie to my attention

Male, any price, California winter (so, uh, cool not cold I guess), like Polo Blue but am looking for something a bit more peppery/woody/dark but subtle and professional and NOT for "going to the club", personal style: neutral core (i.e. looks like I wear uniqlo and live in a nondescript city in a nondescript part of america in an apartment with nondescript ikea furnishing)

tl;dr basically just peppery/woody/dark but subtle scents that are professional enough to wear to work. Black pepper more than anything.

*I like/currently wear Polo Blue, but am looking for...etc etc.

I swear by this and you should to
#1 hidden gem

A E S T H E T I C

already tried it

What are the longest lasting year-round scents that you all have tried? Looking for something that will last a full workday and thensome

>>Get sample of Sauvage Dior from Nordstrom
>>Oh man this smells like actual pinetrees, like this smells like Christmas I love this
minutes pass
>>I'm coughing and getting a headache because it smells like Pinesol

It's amazing the difference between top notes and the rest. I just can't trust blind-buying anything after almost gassing myself with Dior.

All-season, full workday approved:
Bond No. 9 Scent of Peace for Him* / Chez Bond
Dior Sauvage / Aqua Fahrenheit
Guerlain Vetiver* / Vetiver Extreme
Mancera Cedrat Boise* / Gold Intensive Aoud / Kumkat Wood

Fall/Winter/Spring:
JHaG Another Oud*
Mancera Aoud Line* / Aoud Café
Amouage Jubilation XXV
Dior Fahrenheit
Rasasi La Yuqawam

Summer only:
Bond Eau de New York (longest lasting citrus aromatic / cologne style parfum)

* denotes especially persistent perfumes; these should last well beyond 8 hours and may even require extra scrubbing in the shower to fully remove

If you like a fragrance that won't quite make it through an 8 hour day, just buy a few small atomizers and mini funnels (Amazon has good ones). Carry 5ml with you and reapply as desired.

What temp should you keep your fragrance at? I've kept one of mine in my car to spray just before work, but it's getting really fucking cold at night now and the fragrance gets coils

cold is fine

Heat is bad. Cold isn't too harmful. The more important thing is to avoid wide swings in temperature. Car is generally a bad place to keep fragrance. I'm personally about to fall for the keeping perfume in a wine cellar meme, but probably won't buy the unit until Spring since the weather has cooled off for the Fall.

>keeping perfume in a wine cellar meme

i feel like that's a red flag. not quite on par with a display case of anime figures. more like a patrick bateman kind of move.

i live in los angeles though, so i understand the struggle.

Slumberhouse Norne, join me

Having trouble choosing between the following scents Veeky Forums, thoughts? Ideally I'd like something for the winter, with good longevity and something the bitches love cause I'm a vain faggot:

Dior Sauvage
Bleu de Chanel
Dior Homme Intense
Spicebomb Extreme
A* Men Pure Malt
Burberry London