/wt/ watch general

Started a thread just so I can inform all of you this watch is the greatest watch of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DqXb4-mTe1A
item.rakuten.co.jp/nanaple/sarw025/
youtube.com/watch?v=aDFDa7Jv5qM
amazon.com/Seiko-SNE050-Solar-Strap-Charcoal/dp/B0043ZXIY8/ref=sr_1_51?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1477184317&sr=1-51&nodeID=6358540011&keywords=seiko
miangcopenhagen.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

name of watch?

SARW025 Japan only but it might be released worldwide as the SPB041
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DqXb4-mTe1A
23:30 into the video

I'm looking for a thin brown watch with a silver face.. why is this so hard to find?

What's a good color strap for a beige face and black markings?

see pic

a brown case?

>greatest watch of all time
>its a Seiko

Fuck of and die.

kys never heard of GS or KS

Bro, I agree it's fucking totally gorgeous, but it's the rough equivalent of $750. Plus, Rakuten won't even sell/ship it to the U.S. Not that I could afford it anyway. But yeah, it's nice.

item.rakuten.co.jp/nanaple/sarw025/

Again though, Achilles, I agree that it's a thing of beauty.

I love you

Absolutely not. Last years presage models were superior, but the fucking idiots running the show over there made them 40mm, which is obviously stupid for what were essentially dress watches.

Hell the sarb031 is superior. Every seiko with a visible power meter is fucking gash; somehow they've never been able to place one on the dial harmoniously, or even simplify the shape. Just making a small circular opening displaying a wheel with a painted monochromatic gradient which would be the same color as the dial when fully charged and red (or whatever) when fully depleted would do it. Fuck, if you have to keep the arm meter place the fucking thing symmetrically somewhere. And make it smaller. Making it a full fucking circle is better than the current arc they use.

What strap should I slap on this citizen? The strap right now is horsebutt, but its worn into a dullard brown color. Was thinking an OD green NATO or maybe a lighter, more varied shade of brown.

ok. a round face with arabic numerals looks a bit childish though. I prefer roman.

Can anyone please explain me what is wrong with Quartz movements?
I see evryone bitching here about it all the time but cannot see why. It is simple, cheap, precise, doesn't need maintenance, runs also when not used for longer period.

Snobbery.

Went out looking for a Seiko for a decent cheap beater.

Ended up picking this up instead, reminded me of the br123 but without the hideous overpricing.

hard time deciding between the GW7900B-1 and the G7900A-4

Red I guess

ive gotten lots of compliments on this watch. Should i replace the band with a mesh one?

A mesh band would look weird IMO. Besides, the one it comes with looks so amazing.
I've got this one, p cute.

Any thoughts?

My favorite watch is the Casio Oceanus but
>Japan only
>Quartz
I don't actually care about the Quartz, but other people do, and watches are primarily aimed towards other people's opinion of you.

I actually have to buy a Rolex sometime in the next 5 years, otherwise I won't be able to fit in at work.

None.

youtube.com/watch?v=aDFDa7Jv5qM

not saying it's a bad watch but this is almost mall tier trash.

plus, hideous style and too big.
it works fine if you like military style and are outdoors a lot but it just seems like such a bulky ass choice for an everyday item.

honestly, what interesing looking watch could one get that isn't something like a g-shock

w2c

Overpriced now

amazon.com/Seiko-SNE050-Solar-Strap-Charcoal/dp/B0043ZXIY8/ref=sr_1_51?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1477184317&sr=1-51&nodeID=6358540011&keywords=seiko

cop or naw?

Got this from my grandfather, who's getting there. I find the ticking comforting.

i dig it, but like says, it feels like more of a watch for weekend/outdoor activities and not very versatile as a daily driver. but you know your life and lifestyle better than we do, so who knows.

I am about to buy pic related, thoughts ?

only $630,000

What's a good watch with an unsigned case?

Watches almost always have such horrible, gaudy branding all over them.

you look like a fucking faggot wearing it

glorified quartz

Post a pic with his fedora and trench coat on and maybe it will look better

Stowa Fliegers. You can get it with a date if you want to or chronograph version.

They're quite pricy tho (for the average non watch enthusiast)

Thank you so much. That non-chronograph one is perfect. Seriously, I've never seen a watch I like that much before.

miangcopenhagen.com/

THE BEAST!

I like them, would wear

Neck yourself

Mine. Pretty basic but whatever

goddamit never goes the right way

what model m8

Timex fairfield

cop or not?
Soviet Pobeda watch with Bauhaus design.

i only recommend getting a soviet/russian watch if you're interested in starting a russian watch collection and have an interest in russian history.

I used to have a Soviet and Russian watch collection before but sold them all on eBay to finance better beater watches.
I just liked the Bauhaus design of this one a lot, so I've just copped it for 30€.
I will resell it again, maybe even with profit if I end up not liking it.
Pic related are some of the Ruskies I used to own. I still have a Vostok Amphibia nowadays.

Looking for something £500 or less (UK), looked at new Longines Conquest, second hand Hamilton Jazzmasters and second hand Oris TT1 Day Date.
I work with people who will recognise a brand and assume they all cost a certain amount, so avoiding Skagen etc. Am I overlooking any brands? I have 7.3" wrists, so looking at 40mm plus.
pic not related, on wishlist.

well your new one is an aesthetic improvement on all of those, at least.

this looks nice. any cheaper variants tho?

cop

the watch originally comes with a green strap, i have mine on a black cloth strap

>tfw this literal pedo had a better watch than you do

R8

Dogshit

Thoughts?

Frenchcore

I hate contrast stitching on watch bands.

Cocktail Time, unless you think it's too memey

Need a good starter watch for something under $100.
Never worn a watch before but need one for my groundskeeping job since we can't carry phones.
I'd like something that doesn't look like it's for a cheap autist

What's the consensus on Nixon watches?

kykes

as someone who dislikes chronos, I think this one actually looks good. but if you are not an actual pilot, I will think you're a tool for wearing this.

Im poor and this will also be my first watch
Opinions?

Timex Scout, Seiko SNK.

are you me?

Recently I've read somewhere not to gor for an automatic watch, unless you would like to go see a reliable watch mechanic every few years for a checkup. Is this true?

god damn I fucking hate reddit

Seiko #1

literally poorfags trying to look classy: the thread

How do you match your watch band when it's canvas or you aren't wearing leather shoes? Just pick a color in your outfit?

Going matchy matchy with colors often looks juvenile. Stay neutral or go with a complementary or split compliment color.

sterile parnis

search ebay for that term

Sheiiit. Model? W2c?

Any info on where to cop this watch. My gf wants it for xmas so i dont want to ask her where she found it.

The answer is one reverse image search away.

total dogshit throw her out

trash gf

arrived today

Thanks, will have a look at one.
Brought a grey faced Maurice Lacroix Pontos Day Date in the end.

lovely

>tfw you spend thousands on a really nice watch and look down at it to check the time but then you get so captivated by the craftsmanship and beauty that when you look away you forgot what the time was

Not my cup of tea (I love dress watches, but way smaller).
Anyway, that's a great watch, congrats user.

just won this at (on?) an auction.

30€. How about it?

Cool watch, looks like a reverso.
Fuck those Veeky Forumsgots calling you gay for wearing it.They think 45mm autistic watch is cool.
Nothing more effay then a small dress watch.

name?

not bad. patina looks consistent and good.

go to a jeweler to get you a leather band and a new crystal. they both look like shit.

To be honest the reverse image search option on here was a part of why i posted it.

Hey man. At least i have a gf.

My grandfather gave me his watch that he bought when he was my age (20). Any info on the company Veeky Forums? I love the watch regardless, I just want to know it's origin

Looking for watch with brown leather straps just for daily use, any halp? Under 100$preferably

had to tilt my head because of your shitty photo thanks faggot learn to take a photo you fuckin idiot

Junghans Meistertelemeter, I wear it with a brown wrist band