Why is it that some people form their own ideas through reading but others just rotelearn and regurgitate?

Why is it that some people form their own ideas through reading but others just rotelearn and regurgitate?

What causes this difference?

Effort and motivation

It's the same kind of difference that drives some into studying theology and others into only following ritual and public expression when it comes to religion I guess.

I think there's a major mental divide that happens in people. Basically there are 2 types of brains, slaves and masters. Slaves look at the world and see its complexity and political intrigue, and reach a point where they just decide "enough is enough", they adopt some form of religion or stance, and just go with it. For example they trust in a religion, in a political party, in a particular newspaper, in a particular leader, in money, or something else, and just decide to stick with that for the rest of their lifes. Instead of considering and thinking about the complexity of the world, they take an easy way out, because they regard their material wellbeing as more important than the search for the truth and the personal striving for something higher. Then you have the master type. This person never reaches the before-mentioned point. He instead goes on the search for truth, never relents, and strives for something higher, self-improvement, some kind of higher principle. He never sets his mind in stone like "this is how it is", but he swears an oath of pragmatism, to always improve and to seek perfection until his last breath. The world is mostly full of slaves, because that's just the easier way to live, eat and pass on your genes to the next generation, but there are a lot of masters as well, because inherently, being a master has massive advantages.

Are you a stirnerite?

Rule followers and rule breakers/makers?

I've only read 10% of Ego and it's Own, and i've loved it so far. I get distracted easily though, so i start on a bunch of different books that look interesting, currently the Horus Heresy series. I want to finish reading Stirner though.

Aryan/non-aryan dichotomy

Note: Most Europeans are non-aryan

that's a good comparison, yes, i like it. The slave type would follow rules, because he would pick some kind of ruleset to worship. The master type would never fully respect a ruleset or lawbook, he would just see them as means to an end, something malleable, something to improve.

>currently the Horus Heresy series

please don't bully. i love me some space marines every now and again.

Stirner and all this being your own master shit is for degenerate satanic pedophiles

Everyone is capable of both. It takes serious, conscious effort to break free from the dominant ideas in whatever society you like in.

Found the Christfag.

All people do both. They find one or more things they care about enough to start forming their own thoughts on how something should be, but for most everything else they trust the opinions or expertise of others. Maybe you think you're a free thinker when it comes to philosophy or politics, but does that also apply to your creativity as a cook, or ingenuity as a mechanic?

This is true. Our limited experience causes us to rely on other people for information within fields that we ourselves are not invested in. This wouldn't be a problem by itself, but when people pass on information they learned only by word-of-mouth without caring to verify it then the information will flow through various social contexts regardless of its authenticity. The reason people do this is in order to maintain a conversation or they want to appear to be an authority even when they're not qualified.

Some people live their whole life this way. I'd say most women are like this which is why they don't create anything.

necessary reading for this thread in pic related

this user got the gist of the idea, I guess

Nothing wrong with that at all, familia.

I'm a fan of evolutionary thinking, as wrong or un-proveable as it may be. My brain says, in order for a society to evolve you need big thinkers and little thinkers.
The big guys wanna know the whole picture, and construct a world view from many different perspectives and formulate new ideas by bringing all these separate parts together to make something new.
Little thinkers are the doers, they know one thing and they know it well, they have knowledge passed down to them from older people of the craft and that's the way it's done because it works.
Both types are creative because the big thinkers make new inventions and shit and the little thinkers invent new ways to do that one thing better. The big ones have an incomplete picture because only so much can fit in memory so they need the little ones to fill in the gaps of how the world actually works. The little thinkers need the big because there is a risk of developing a super convoluted processes to create rather than scrapping the whole thing and starting fresh.
Big thinkers are more in fashion now because muh Elong Musk and hyper-individualism-internetization of capitalism and all that shit but really both sides are equally as needed. So smile to a menial worker next time you see him k

Basically the inventors and the engineers?

This is a phenomena which is observable in video games, particularly games that have steep learning curves

The intelligence part is irrelevant assuming the dude is not monkey tier

I don't know how to put it into words

but its pretty much people being douche bags towards everything but even more so towards themselves.

>this is what fedoras actually believe

Tip tip tip tip tip tip