When the peoples of yesteryear(before....1800) ingested psychedelic substances, what would they do?

When the peoples of yesteryear(before....1800) ingested psychedelic substances, what would they do?

When I used to do acid/dxm/mushrooms I used to listen to music, watch robot chicken , play grand theft auto, talk to some other worldy beings and walk in the woods. Since they didn't have as much shit back then what did they do for fun?

Orgies bruh.

Just big fuck piles.

Why does that sound....smelly?

Good point op woods weren't invented until the great wood initiation of 1801

Why would I walk in the woods back on the day when there's bandits and rapist and wolves and shit just posted there chilling and shit?

>implying there are no thieves/bandits, rapists in today's society. Especially in secluded spots, like the woods.

Plus wolves are literally still around, in the woods.

Regular bathing wasn't really a thing in previous eras of human history. Even as recent as 1820, most of the population would simply reek of shit and piss. But hey, sex is sex, even if it's disgusting.

Besides, if improper hygiene is a social norm, it typically isn't addressed as an issue.

Op talking to beings on physchadelics Is a clear sign of schizophrenia I'm serious don't take that shit lightly

>kek'd

>I'll take bullshit historical memes for 500 please Alex

I haven't done acid since I was 17 I'm 22 now. Am I still fucked?

No youre fine

Bullshit. People bathed plenty regularly, just usually in extant bodies of water and with grit instead of soap.

Acid can't really fuck you up unless you do it every day for years or have a severe mental condition already.
If you were the latter you'd know by now.

>Regular bathing wasn't really a thing in previous

that's it
Stopped reading right there

You are retard

No it isn't, you shitbird. "Entity contact" is fairly common.

I believe that psychedelics were typically reserved for rituals and the like. Most of the cultures that used psychedelics had some mythos surrounding them and considered them sacred. It's currently legal for members of the native American church to grow and use peyote cactus for religious reasons. Plenty of other cultures used psychedelics as well.

So it was more "let's get in touch with our god" than "let's do some acid and listen to pink floyd and talk to god maaaan"?

>talk to some other worldy beings and walk in the woods
Pretty much just this. It was how religion was invented.

This.

There's evidence suggesting mushrooms were used for spiritual reasons in 10,000 BCE.

It makes sense too, if you eat some mushroom and get amazing otherworldly visions, without any prior knowledge, you'd attribute it to a god too.

Psilocybin produces some powerful spiritualistic and theological reactions.

how come when my grandma went to paris in the 30s she was regarded as a freak by her landlord for bathing more than once a week

everyone slapped on perfume but running a hot bath with clean water and using soap on a regular basis was rare for anything but the upper classes

>But hey, sex is sex, even if it's disgusting.

I would say ESPECIALLY if it's disgusting.

>France

There's a reason that the rest of Europe has made jokes about French hygiene for centuries.

Because your grandma was a dumb whore that liked making shit up

>acid can't fuck you up
>psychadelics are like totally safe man
>toying with the fragility of my psyche
When will this hippy meme die?

>Veeky Forums
>comes here with total bullshit
If you're going to spout pseudo history son it's better you stayed on /pol/