Skincare General

Skincare General

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics:tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment:tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids:skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen:skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles:skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/thread/S11771172#p11801915
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4885180/
lidl.de/de/cien-gesichts-feuchtigkeitscreme-aqua/p181094
lidl.de/media/product/0/1/8/1/0/9/6/cien-urea-gesichtscreme-tagescreme.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did anyone try this thing? Is it worth buying?

w2c cerave in europe?

Paula's Choice SKIN BALANCING Invisible Finish Moisture

Cop or not? For daily moisturizing

yes. i have had one for years and use it often

Did you buy some brand? There's quite a lot of them, with varying reviews, and I don't know which one to get.

I just went to walgreens and got one, it was kinda pricey tho. Be gentle with it

YES, u can get ones from sephora as well with different sized detachable heads and a pointy part for popping

anyone tried dermarolling for making scars less visible? any success with white scars?

What body lotion does fa use?

Aveeno aparantly

Cetaphil but then use aromatherapy body lotion at night to help me sleep. It does help.

Tips for treating acne scars?

Face is finally clearing up and I'm covered in craters.

I use paula's choice AHA and BHA regularly.

I'm from a country where retin-A is legal, should I buy it to use it too?

Also got a small visible wrinkle on my forehead, derma-roll + vit C, yay or nay?

I have fave craters and a lot of discoloration because I was stupid as a kid and picked at acne constantly
What do I do to fix it?

Amazon

Miraculously, I seem to actually be getting results from 2.5% BP.
I've suspected the main cause of my acne was stress, but BP has been keeping me clear through stressful times.
That said, I've developed paranoia about dairy. I want to go back to having milk, cheese etc.
Will BP still keep me clear if I'm consuming dairy?

Also, vit C serum or BHA for clearing up the marks left from old acne?

If BP works that efficiently and keeps you clear, then the cause of your acne is likely hygiene or oil.

Stress/dairy cause cystic acne, which are deep and take a lot longer for BP to work on (1-2 weeks).

Cystic acne is what i was getting. It took a long time to start getting results from bp but i eventually got there

Remember people. Eat your vegs and sleep early.

I've been using Aveeno for my face and cetaphil for my body

whats the thing with the sleep?

Bump

Salicylic acid and lotion

BHA alcohol-free toner

Yes.

warosu.org/fa/thread/S11771172#p11801915

(it works for most kinds of scars)

microneedling/dermarolling.
see above link.

I buzz my hair regularly but the regrowth sometimes promotes scalp pimples. Any recommended shampoos or tips?

google salt scrub for scalp

thanks m8 ill try it

iHerb. Really cheap shipping option but it takes 1-2weeks

Nice. The BP will help, but may not necessarily completely counteract the detrimental effects of dairy. It's hard to give a definite answer, but the BP will in all likelihood make your skin look not as bad.

Hi. I'm new to these threads (so forgive me if I've overlooked anything) and I want to suggest, under acne treatment, using raw organic honey as a mask and apple cider vinegar as a toner.

It's an inexpensive method and it works.

Also argan oil is great and won't clog your pores.

Living in a country where none of the recommended brands get sold.
The pastebin suggests Dove white/pink/baby as a facial cleanser and that's pretty much the only thing on it I can find. Has anybody tried it? I'm kinda sceptical.

Is Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly bad for your skin or does it just work. I had it at the dentist office on my lips a few days ago. Please no mom science.

just buy a pack from ebay, they're all the same

vaseline doesnt actually moisturise it sorta just blocks your pores and shit
it aint the devil but its best you get some professional advice from a dermatologist to see what you specifically need for your skin

Guys, my face is so fucked. What should I get to moisturize I have neurodermatitis and skin type 1 and it always is dry as hell.

Eucerin 5% Urea or something? Any cheaper alternatives, I'm a student and from Germany.

>vaseline doesnt actually moisturise it sorta just blocks your pores and shit

Not true at all

It is the most effective occlusive moisturizer.

>Among all petroleum jelly is one of the best moisturizers having a water vapor loss resistance 170 times that of olive oil but is cosmetically less acceptable due to its greasiness.[20]

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4885180/

Do dermatokogists really help for mild to mid range issues? I am not crater face, but I am having issues even keeping my skin free of issues on a 2% SA equate face wash twice a day. It bothers my upper lip and nose sometimes, but hasnt given me really any big face gains. Still get pimples and blemishes far too often.

Try washing with the cleanser less often and use cold water to tighten those pores up. Twice daily with a 2% SA wash is really harah and should only be done if you wear make up daily or have had extremely bad skin before you started.

Using soaps, washes and detergents daily is harmful to your skin in most cases. These days it's common knowledge that you're supposed tonshampoo your hairbas rare as possible, the same goes for showers, as long as you don't stink. Even then, the more time passes the more your bodily bacteria will normalize and you will stink far less.

I second that.

Hyaluronic acid serums or gels. It's not very cheap, but work wonders. Also vegetable glycerin, and it's very cheap. You wash your face and leave water on it/tone your face and leave a toner on it, when you cover your skin in glycerin and spray water on it.

buy Lidl urea creme, it was tested by some independent labs and is damn good and cheap.
lidl.de/de/cien-gesichts-feuchtigkeitscreme-aqua/p181094 i couldnt find the urea creme in german webpage, but ill show u the picture:
lidl.de/media/product/0/1/8/1/0/9/6/cien-urea-gesichtscreme-tagescreme.jpg

I fell off my bike the other night and scratched my face, what do i put on it to make it heal faster?

Vaseline to keep it moist so it scars less

What facial sunscreens do ya'll use? Do you use a separate one on your eye area?

Couldnt you run a razor blade over the jelly to even it out to a micro thin layer?

After I shower I have super dry skin and by an hour or so it's pretty oily. What can do I to prevent this or just even it out.

Whenever I look for Paula's choice products I can't tell if I classify as oily or dry?

I have the same problem. Not sure what skin type I'm classified as.

most of my face is fine but my nose gets kinda greasy and flakey. I've been using moisturiser recently but it doesn't seem to be making any difference. What do I need to do?

>oily skin naturally
>eat lots of dairy (coffee no milk??)
>Shave daily
>touch face a lot
>Mild flare ups into inflamed whites
>blemishes and blotchy redness
>witch hazel after I am done with anything

Tried a gentle cleanser morning, and 2% SA at night. Not enough results, so went 2x a day. Just led to worse skin and more redness.

Fix my routine and suggest products that are cheapish that I can pick up at a walmart pharmacy? Pls I need help here

>Not enough results, so went 2x a day. Just led to worse skin and more redness.
It would help if you actually listed which products you used. Being an impatient dumbass who can't wait also doesn't help

Whoops, meant for But 11905399 should try reading the OP for once in his life too

Was using a 2% SA face wash. Equate. Olay gentle face cleanser.

Salicylic acid in a face wash isn't going to do that much since
1. the cleanser is probably not at the right ph level for the SA to be that effective
2. you're washing it all off anyway

If you want full benefits of SA, it has to be in something you can leave on your face. Like one of Paula's choice BHA products, or Cosrx's BHA blackhead power liquid. You also have to wait a few minutes (at least until it feels fully absorbed) before putting on moisturizer or anything else afterwards. These products aren't quite drugstore cheap or as widely available, though. Neutrogena's rapid clear lotion has 2% salicylic acid (at an effective ph) and is cheaper and easy to find at drugstores, but it tends to be a lot more drying than the other 2 brands.

And then it could take a while to see results with daily use. Sunscreen is also good for protecting the new and healthy skin from sun damage, as the SA will slough off the uppermost layer of dead skin.

It's also good to know if your cleanser is at least mildly acidic (5-6 on the ph scale), which helps to keep acne at bay, since the bacteria that can make it worse thrives in alkaline environments. Cerave's foaming facial cleanser is at a ph level of about 5.5 and is inexpensive.

Thank you, that was very informative.
I thought it was working pretty good the first few times I used it because I felt the mild burn I was expecting.

I agonized for a bit over what to pick, couldn't find anything with B.P that was less than 10% that was relatively cheap. Decided on stridex pads, a 10% B.P cream to correct issue areas, and then the cerave recommended moisturizer. The Olay cleanser feels at least good on the skin. Not sure if its actually doing its job but it does make my skin feel better. Got it since it was "oil-minimizing" since I knew oil production was consistently gonna be an issue for me since I have problem giving fingerprints since they are too dark from the oil on my skin.

Is there any one method that works faster than the other?

It's just that I'm going on a date in a couple of weeks and I'd like to get my skin clear up as much as possible before then. I'm gonna start doing a regular routine anyway, but I'm assuming that's more of a over time/maintenance deal. Hope whoever reads this understands, not impatient but just really self conscious and wanna prep up ready.

>tfw seborrheic dermatitis
fucking kill me
I hate having to scrub my face in the shower every morning and wash using a prescription cleanser that has sulfur
Reeeeeeee

Glycogen chemical peels my man

What's Veeky Forums's recommend cream for 2.5% benzoyl peroxide? Is this the best percentage as I've heard?

Reminder to drink plenty of water and sweat a lot!

I forgot about Stridex, but that's also a suitable drugstore alternative to the more expensive BHA options.

Looking it up, the Olay cleanser contains sulfates (sodium laureth sulfate), which can be irritating to some people and aggravate acne. But I think it should fine as long as you doesn't leave your skin feeling stripped or really taut after you wash it off since it's not high on the ingredients list.

I would also be cautious about Cerave's moisturizers. I love their cleansers, but their creams and lotions from what I've read can by really comedogenic for some people (the Cerave PM made me break out, personally). Again, it's probably fine, but just as a heads up.

Benozyl peroxide is probably one of the fastest acting ingredients when it comes to clearing up acne. Faster than salicylic acid, anyway. The trade-off is that it's likely to make your skin dry out, turn red, and/or flake more than salicylic acid will, especially at higher concentrations.

The 10% stuff is decent if you have a really problem breakout. Immediate relief.

I dug mine too deep into my skin and not I have two small holes on my brow

>cut finger
>heals up quickly with no scar

>pimple wound on face
>heals slow af with a gross brown scar

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN, also the cut on my finger is not any more shallow than my pimple

the skin on your face is thinner and probably got more sun exposure.

so my acne isn't bad right now, but my skin is still terrible. But it seems like every time I use a face wash I break out and my skin spirals out of control. I have a derm appointment in December but I really want to get my skin somewhat under control until then. Anyone go through something similar and can recommend a face wash or skin cream that won't make me break out?

How does this need a general? Don't eat greasy food, facial scrub and moisturise regularly, and use PanOxyl when you get a spot. Simple.

yes. They are all generic products, so it doesn't matter which one you pick. They all contain ish the same things.

>everyone else's skin works exactly like mine

Well, you're a fucking retard.

I started Differin and my skin is pretty dry and flaky so I wanna use a good moisturizer. I've heard CeraVe is good but there are a handful of different ones. The tub one, the lotion, and the baby one all look good. Which one should I buy?

I'm using sunscreen too but it's not very moisturizing.

To shave first or use products first? Or a mix?

You should always shave first, it exfoliates your skin and let products to sink in better.

Used to splash my BHA onto my fingers to apply on face

Yesterday I accidentally pushed my BHA bottle into the toilet. Managed to decant the contents into an empty lotion jar. It might just last longer now I can dip my fingertips instead of having to splash it all over

(I could of course also have used cotton pads. Then I wouldn't have this problem because the bottle would've been empty four weeks ago)

What shampoo and conditioner does fa use?

you are a Veeky Forumsggot and a scholar

Also I fucked up and went over the skin too much with the razor like a retard making my neck bleed+red. Fuck me.