Can guynailpolish be pulled off by a humbe Veeky Forumsg or do you have to be an eccentric rich superstar to justify it

can guynailpolish be pulled off by a humbe Veeky Forumsg or do you have to be an eccentric rich superstar to justify it

used to paint mine when i was younger and being an edgy teen seemed like a good enough excuse.

cobainpolish

actually better than depp

goes better with his style

faggot

you need to do something like play music or do art to justify your eccentricities or else you're just another no-substance pretender playing dressup

>flaky, unkempt, overgrown polish

Disgusting desu.

Depp always look like shit for the last 20 years or so

I think that for guys it looks better unkempt. Being too finicky about it adds to the gayness (a little bit of gay is okay).

its a r e d f l a g

A little bit of flaking might be fine, but the one on Kurt looks horrendeous. Like he had a bloody nose and kept picking at it and the blood dried on his nails.

Don't listen to people who say you have to be rich or a musician, you will look like just as much of a fag regardless.

t.insecure philistine from the castle bleckkg

It's pick-up artist tier.

be prepared to be called out on it

I'm sorry but I just don't see how these people should be given a free pass over the ordinary man, it all looks the same regardless.

If you want to do it and it won't have any tangible reprecusions (like job dress code or ridiculously shallow friends), you might as well. People will think you're weird and a fag but nobody really cares that much about you.

Man rules.

This shit is gay when you paint them yourself.

Not gay if your daughter or little sister paints them for you.

Ideally though.. you'd rub it off with acetone right after.

It's just paint, OP. Stop making a big deal out of of it.

>hurr durr real men bro

following the traditional prescriptions of masculinity is the epitome of getting cucked by society.

you make your own masculinity. you wanna paint your fingernails? cool. you don't wanna paint your fingernails? cool. neither way really has any effect on masculinity.

>cucked
>you make your own masculinity
>neither way really has any effect on masculinity
>being concerned about your """""masculinity""""" in the first place

lol youre still valuing masculinity you hyprocite

do you also say shit like "real men cry" or "real men wear pink" too?

how is it even remotely hypocritical to value masculinity? where did i say that you shouldn't value masculinity?

are you able to read?

i don't say anything like real men cry or real men wear pink. but for you i will make an exception: real men know how to read.

>hurr durr masculinity can be anything!

then it means nothing you fucking tard. not even who you're replying to, but how can liberals double think so easily?

The point is that masculinity isn't defined by what you wear. Are you too retarded to figure that out?

Masculinity is a social concept. It means being confident, strong, not showing emotions. It also encompasses appearance. Clothes have masculine cuts, hair has a masculine length. You can already picture what masculine clothes and hair look like because you know the norms of our society.

So yes, your masculinity IS defined by how you appear. It's fine to say "I don't care about this shit, I'm going to paint my nails anyways", but it's retarded to say "Wearing pink butterfly dresses is still masculine!"

Who cares?

You're right to a certain extent. However, it's a combination of things that determines whether you end up looking masculine or not.

Someone with the physical attributes of this guy in the picture cannot look anything but masculine. He can have long hair, wear eyeshadow and have painted nails and no one would bat an eye.

Besides, masculinity as well as other social concept isn't well defined, and contains a lot of internal inconsistencies. Someone who plans for everything is masculine, someone who wings it confidently is also masculine. And even in your outfit or appearance or whatever, you can play with those.

daily reminder that masculinity and femininity are social constructs

So?

painting nails is such an instagram meme that i think it's no longer viable, even if you do it just because you actually feel like it

normally i'd say do whatever you want and don't care if it's trendy or not, but the nailpaint crowd = dreadful supreme wearing "2016 punk!!!!!" automatons at shitty art schools and they are soo unbearable

any night in london will just be full of these insufferable fags with chokers on and sid vicious hair and box logos and nailpaint and faux chav wear even though their parents have a house in hampstead shit and i hate them

so there are no material needs to embrace them

I have actually seen someone pull it off. He was some weirdly-dressed man, his syle was something like a gothic hobo's pajamas. One of his hand's nails were painted in black, and it looked kinda cool on him

I'd say being alienated for failing to conform sufficiently is at least somewhat tangible.

>only one hand
too lazy to learn to paint with their non-dominant hand