Whats up with visvim and their prices? like why is their stuff so extremely expensive?

whats up with visvim and their prices? like why is their stuff so extremely expensive?

i mean i can see that some of the details are hand-painted on and they use some very special dye techniques i guess, but how does that result in this linen-cotton-blend jacket (pic related) costing like €8-900?

just wondering because visvims clothes don't look as experimental or "outrageous" as yohji for instance, but yet visvims prices are just that tad higher and stupider. why is that?

Good quality and interesting details and all that but also because of brand and people are willing to pay that much for the visvim name

I'd suggest checking out the second hand market for visvim. even though I love their stuff hard to say it's worth retail, or at least how much you'd have to pay if you're stateside. apparently its cheaper if you buy in japan.

but i have to admit that, compared to other brands at that price, visvim looks extremely bland.

"good quality" and "interesting details" can be applied to many brands, but visvim is just so extremely expensive. like who the hell would pay almost €1000 for that linen jacket i posted a pic of in the op?

it's even more expensive than much of the stone island shadow project stuff, which is already quite pricey. at least stone island SP seems to have more interesting pieces.

this (pic related) is about €560 and is made of cotton and rayon. i mean, if it would just have been €350-400 at least, but more than 500 euros?!

because it's made out of japanese children and sewn together by samurais

they probably don't make many of any one garment and therefore the price is much higher. economics of scale really. also, they can charge whatever they want for the stuff and disregard actual production costs

Actually, the other user has a point. Check out their site and they have some really interesting productions processes/finishings. Hiroki seems to enjoy using old/defunct methods and keen to revive some techniques with some nice results. Wherever some of their stuff made is irrelevant, since their made in China stuff seems to be holding up well so far and its unlikely he'll choose some sweatshop considering how picky he is with production processes.

I can't answer if all of this means that its "worth it" since thats very much subjective, but i personally find their stuff very cool. One thing to keep ib mind though some of his stuff sometimes become more form than function. Their ICT virgils is an excellent example since some people who own them have been saying that the mud dyeing process AFTER building the shoe weakens some of its structure (sewing threads, glues, etc) even if the patina is distinct (vs dyeing the shoe parts before sewing/building)

i got this at american eagle for $29.99

Visvim is expensive because Hiroki is a great salesman and people are willing to pay the prices he asks. It's that simple. Same goes for almost every high-end fashion brand.

it's expensive because he has a bunch of japanese cavemen make it with their bare hands

But most of it has been outsourced to China, user.

the japanese are very meticulous about their rice

To create exclusivity.

its relatively good quality with interesting design techniques and philosophies
but on top of that the japs just like to charge retarded prices for their shit
its sorta like cp's
prettygud quality but still overpriced

common projects used to cost like $220 new

it was only once they blew up in popularity that the price increased

who woulda thunk it

do you have a source for this? as far as i know visvim production is literally entirely contained within japan

alot of visvim clothes have "made in china" on them lol
its not the 1970's anymore, outsourcing to china doesnt really mean the same thing

because it is not designed for cumskin

You'd be surprised.

Besides made in labels are vague and a pretty defunct concept to measure quality

because visvim makes clothes for people who spend a lot of money on looking like they don't spend a lot of money

well, i get that the price is so high to create exclusivity and everything.

but SO much of their clothes, like the jacket i posted, looks like something you could buy for $20 somewhere. sure, the quality is probably far superior, but i just have a hard time understanding

i recently spent €200 on a Dries van Noten sweat which I consider quite expensive. the quality and fit of it is great, and parts of it are apparently even handmade.

but then i see this visvim hoodie. the only thing i can see being so special about it that the logo is hand-painted. this is €564 which is almost 3 times as much. thats just out of the ordinary expensive EVEN for luxury brands intended for teens and people in their 20's.

there's nothing special about these pieces (besides being hand-painted, which is not a very significant detail). at least those CCP paint-soaked shoes are something truly unique, just to take another insanely expensive piece as an example

That is something Japanese are really into.

>vetements

why is THAT so expensive

i get the fashion aspect of it
but why

I mean, then you don't buy it.
I've looked at their sanjuro jackets and vietnam shirts and thought, "man, if only that was $200 instead of $900", but it's not, so I go buy some other weird shit like yohji that costs a lot but looks the part

i wont, i was just trying to understand. sanjuro jackets are pretty cool, but they're also quite unique looking

the jacket in op is not. it looks like something from H&M or something