Broguing stretched, wrinkles in leather, new shoes

I just got my first pair of Allen Edmonds. Dalton boots. They look like this out of the box. There are lines along the stress point of the perforation, wrinkles in the sides. I've definitely put them under the right lighting to be able to see these issues, but are they totally normal for a $450 MSRP pair of boots? I don't think my $50 JCP Stafford Deacon boots have the brogue stretch specifically.

Are you sure you didn't remove any stitches? These lines look like some kind of thread used to be cross stitched into them.

Uh, no, the holes are decorative.

allen edmonds quality control is notoriously sketchy, especially if you buy online. supposedly a lot of online shipped stuff is actually stuff that got returned unworn for quality reasons.

I would recommend coughing up the money for alden or an equivalent european brand instead

He's got a point though. That looks like someone threaded something through them and then realised it was a mistake and took it out.

That inner leather looks poorly stitched on too. Sorry for your loss mate. I'd try to return them and buy something different. Pretty sure Grenson makes similar boots.

email them

how anal can you be?

it's leather, it wrinkles, if it hasn't happened by the time you take them out of the box it will eventually anyway. this isn't even bad.

What's a good and cheap cream for leather boots?

saphir renovateur + saphir pommadier or pate de luxe

Well that's why I'm asking, and considering the high number of people telling me to return them, maybe I'm not wrong.

Sucks because I already waited a week to get these shipped from another store.

Also just noticing the hole just above the top eyelet in the first picture.

Store offered 15% back to not order another pair.

imo it's a purely cosmetic issue that no one will ever notice or even see unless for some god awful reason you're wearing shorts, take the money op

i second this notion

I think you boyz are right. As much as I hate to save $50 now for a shoe that is going to last my whole life, I'm also sure stuff like this is going to be the norm in a couple years, and maybe I can enjoy them more now that they are not showroom perfect already. Might even wear them... OUTSIDE

Is this a defect? the crease or whatever this is? or part of dead skin being skin?

thanks for helping me out with this paranoia

I think the only way I would be totally happy is to hand pick a pair from the factory.

I got an E width so no store is going to carry these, no more than 1 pair max that is.

To elaborate that curve on the flat part of the leather sort of sticks up. Like there is a leaf sewn between the layers or something. I can feel it without looking at it.

I like your kitchen senpai

Moisturize them. Go buy some mink oil or leather conditioner.

OP, they're really fine - any deformities are very minor and cosmetic, and the only place where the cosmetic stuff REALLY matters is on the toe and sides, where most people will see (and even then, more so on dress shoes than boots)

I've a pair of black Loake brogue boots I've had for about 2 years, and the leather is stretched, scuffs and scratches all over, but that's fine, because structurally they're still perfect - they're boots, no need to be quite so precious about them

The new defect in the side is what I'm most worried about recently though. It's like a bump in the leather itself. It sticks up like a big bubble.

god youre an annoying anal retentive retard. im guessing youre the kind of guy who wont let friends drink or eat in his car right? a crumb might actually get on the floor. you probably iron your jeans too, so there isnt a single wrinkle in them. right? and you throw a fit if the little towels in your bathroom dont match the color of your floormat.

Honestly OP, if it's really disheartening to you, you can prob get them replaced but I personally wouldn't bother, this won't affect their structure or function. Also, nice buy.

OP spent a sum that's def above what people pay for shoes usually and he's asking if he should be concerned about defects he noticed, what's not legit about that?
Also
>eating and drinking inside your car
disgusting - you don't own a car do you?

I'll repeat to the haters: what bothers me is no other shoe that I own, no other Allen Edmonds shoe on display in the store, has defects like this. My shoes have been worn for years. AE shoes clearly are not all like this. Why do I have to compromise when spending $375, far more than my perfect handmade (by children) shoes?

I started the 4 week wait for a new pair. But not giving up the pair I have now in case they are worse. Sucks that fall will be over by the time I get these.