How 2 Thrift

No seriously how do you do it.

I decided to try it today and went into two shops but couldn't find anything and I weren't sure if I should try something on because it smelled really bad in there.
Bought a 2,50€ McDonalds cap but thats about it

where do you live? I'm always coming up with vintage polo and nike

you browse the fucking store and visit a bunch of em jesus how incompetent are you

Germanistan

I have also never heard of anyone but poor shits buying stuff from thrift stores

Yeah but when you are going to dig for gold you don't just randomly do it somewhere, isn't there something specific you look for that indicates you might find gold?

other than wealthy neighborhoods, no, anything can be anywhere god damn why does this need to be said.

Depends on the city and the suburb, I suppose. The richer / fancier suburbs of Ffm or Berlin offer better chances at good finds compared to some thrift shop in a village that only sells stuff from deceased grandmas

There's tons of great rags even in the worst thrift stores. The problems seems to be lack of imagination. These rags look like nothing in the middle of that stuff, but you imagine it on yourself, with other clothes if yours.

I was the same, i didn't get the hype about second hand shops. I thought all the best clothes were long gone.But this is not so. You just have to look closer and use your imagination.
I recommend going to the nigger part of town, to the thrifts targeting the poor dregs. That's where you'll find the best and cheapest stuff .

>I recommend going to the nigger part of town, to the thrifts targeting the poor dregs. That's where you'll find the best and cheapest stuff .

Are you trying to let me catch some nasty diseases.

Also that 'great stuff', is it random stuff that looks good or do you mean specific rare brand stuff

Protip: brands don't really matter.

Can you name some typical thrift items? Like, I don't assume a business suit kinda fit would be your typical thrift harvest. Some retro looking fits sound more plausible.

thrifted this shit is it effay because I doubt it. IF so wtf do I wear with it

Dude... burn it... seriously...

Pretty good if it was $5 or less.
If you have some good stuff to wear it with it could be actually really dope.
All these cheap tier nigger brands are back in right now. Ecko, Fubu, Pele, Coogi, etc

every thrift store has different items holy shit go fucking look for your self no one here can tell you what you will find

I've been considering fucking with echo and shit like that I say go for it

Cites are much better for thrift, I don't even bother in my own town. London/Manchester/Liverpool/Leeds full on the shit

flea markets are very nice as well
i'm not sure what german flea markets have, but i've been to plenty of other european ones

what about in nyc?

>coogie
>Cheap

THE TRICK TO FINDING GOOD SHIT IS LOOKING AT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING ONE BY ONE THERE IS NO SCIENCE.

if there are 1000 shirts and every shirt is different you must see every shirt (with time, the speed of your hands flipping through them will be faster)

>coogi
>cheap

1. very often, a day of thrifting ends with you buying nothing. It's a hobby and part of the fun is in just browsing

2. know the difference between the big-name thrift stores (savers, goodwill, salvation army, whatever the equivalent is in germany), local thrift stores, and "vintage shops" (overpriced thrift stores with better curation)

3. A lot depends on where you live. I've actually found that where I grew up (Scottsdale) has far better thrifting than NYC, which a lot of people would find counterintuitive. As it turns out, Scottsdale's formula of rich old white ladies who die all the time + thrift stores full of mexicans who don't know/care about Veeky Forums clothes results in a lot of hidden gems, while NYC is saturated by vintage store faggots who know what they're doing combing through stores as soon as they put stuff out. So, you have to find what works in your town

any of the L Train Vintage stores have the best cool shit:price ratio. Housing Works and Monk are p good as well. Goodwill and SA are hit and miss for aforementioned reasons, For more expensive "vintage", Screaming Mimi's, City Opera, Vintage Thrift Shop (23rd and 3rd). Then again I shop for grill clothes, for dudes YMMV

yeah literally just go through everything, don't force yourself to buy shit you won't wear just because "oh it's cheap" or "oh i need to find a cop" etc
>inspect it obscene damages
>try it on
always, always, always

also don't underestimate finding other stuff besides just clothes at thrift stores, i've found a lot of cool artwork i decorated my apartment with, so look at like everything, you can find almost anything there

slavcore

if you dont live in a world city don't bother.
copped a van Norton shirt for 10 dollars yesterday.
sincerely a person that lives in one