perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

gomoodboard.com/boards/GFi-uGPI/share
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Male, 18, price range up to about 90 usd, looking for something for fall/winter. as for the mood, i created a moodboard with some pics on my computer to explain my taste gomoodboard.com/boards/GFi-uGPI/share

thanks

What should I try next? Been using la nuit de l'homme for a couple weeks
Sauvage
Acqua di gio profumo
armani code profumo
spicebomb
bleu de chanel
etc.
Looking for a crowdpleaser (with women mainly) which is less well known so I won't smell like every other fella

how about buying something you like instead of wearing shitty mall tier stuff to try to impress girls?

I do like these frags mate, they all smell great
Plus I'm new to the frag game so I figure I wanna try all the popular ones first before I move into the more niche area of fragrances

You're doing fine user. Walk before you run. Try:

Dior Homme
Gucci pour Homme II
Midnight in Paris

Threadly reminder to feed your fragrance autism by tracking your wears on basenotes. Kouros user can't be the only one using the Most Worn feature.

Try eau perfumee au the vert.

Thanks man I'll try them out
>walk before you run
my thoughts exactly

>female (23)
>any price, nothing super cheap since a lot of body sprays and cheap toilettes can give me headaches and trigger my allergies
>completely fine with men's/unisex cologne
>fall/winter, I live where it gets extremely cold
>dinner dates out, and nights in with my boyfriend
>something warm, sensual, cozy (rustic?) for sipping cocoa or cider by the fireplace, reading a book in the study, holiday decorating etc
>something long lasting that doesn't fade to a musk or powder scent

Right now I just wear Lavanila Pure Vanilla. It's very basic and doesn't last very long. I was hoping to find something a bit more sensual for winter time. My boyfriend really likes vanilla and sandalwood, as do I. We both hate fruity. fresh, musky, powdery scents. I used to wear Versace Bright Crystal (was a giant bottle as a gift), but he said it smelled like old lady. He also said this about TM Alien when I got a sample which I thought was weird. He is older than me so I'd like to avoid smelling too old and powdery, but also not too juvenile and sickly sweet

So I'm thinking amber, vanilla, some sort of wood, with possibly some hints of tobacco, leather, suede, whiskey or cognac, but nothing too masculine? I'm also ok with some patchouli, ylangylang, myrrh, or a bit of spiciness

>No almond, hazelnut, or other nut, shellfish or mollusk scents/notes because I'm allergic
>as little citrus, aquatic, fresh, baby powder, bright floral, and musk as possible

I read the last thread, and thought I might get some samples of Hermes L'Ambre des Merveilles and Tom Ford Amber Absolute since those seemed to fit my criteria from what I read about them on Fragrantica.

I want to order 5-10 samples at once, so any recs are appreciated.
Thank you! sorry this was so long

I made the mistake of buying this & now I can't wash it off my skin for nothing. I did like the opening, but now I get a musky powder that won't come off my wrists.

Tell me your favorite iris fragrance besides Dior Homme.

Margiela Jazz Club
Margiela By The Fireplace
1899 Hemingway
SL Five o'Clock au Gingembre
SL Ambre Sultan

One of these should do it.

Hi, I'm a 22 year old financially struggling community college student who is slightly above average looking. 6 feet tall and a fucking skinny ass motherfucker. I think I give off a slightly effeminate vibe. Never bought cologne before but I fucking need some. I like vanilla, sandalwood, and citrus. I fucking hate sweet fruity shit. I am half korean and half german but look predominately asian which makes me extremely self conscious because I think asians are all ugly as fuck(including myself) but girls continually rate me as 8+. I also think I am very effeminate because of my asian features but apparently that, also, is just insecurity speaking. I would like a cologne that would suit me. I am described as the "cool, detached dude" so maybe something warm and masculine. IDK. IDK anything about choosing this shit. I just want to get laid more. Please help. And yes, cologne does get you fucking laid you cunts, the olfactory senses are some of the most prominent in the mental recognition of females so fuck off you naysayers.

la nuit

Paying for it now. Thanks. Hope it works out cus I'm poor af.

autism

Fuck yes its like you read my mind. My favorite scents are bergamot and lavender but I didn't know they would be appropriate cologne scents. And yet they are both in this. Its like it was tailored personally for me. Wow, thanks man. I love you. Are you my guardian angel? It seems I've had one a lot recently

You sound like a faggot

Tell me what makes you a fucking man you little bitch. you would shit yourself growing up in my city. Women think I'm hella manly and are turned off by my ridiculous insecurity but they stick around to fuck cus of the long dick. I know what reality is unlike you fairy tale princess faggots. I walk everywhere and I do what I have to do to survive. Tell me the last time you carried your best friend 30 miles out of the wilderness on a backpacking trip because he broke his leg. Ok that sounds a little gay but fuck you I never had parents so he is my family.

How so? What makes you qualified and where is your superior selection you shit talking fuck.

Also even if I was hypothetically gay, I've fucked zero guys so I've still gotten laid homosexually as much as you have both hetero and homo you bitch.

Post a fit and your face and we can have people rate us. I'll make you feel like the insecure cunt you are.

valentino uomo intense

lol

yeah bitch fuck off to your basement and hand. let me know when you survive cancer and continue living life.

I'm going for avant garde by lanvin instead.

I don't think perfume's going to help you. A therapist and some meds would. There should be psychs on campus and it shouldn't cost anything. Wear La Nuit to your first session if it makes you feel better.

Why do I need a psych? I was evaluated after cancer and they deemed me remarkably well rounded with an amazing capability to adapt and cope with stressful situations. Went someone talks shit in baltimore, no matter how little 50% of the time someone gets shot, stabbed or jumped in the parking lot. Someone talks shit to me without any basis and won't post up when I give them the chance, and I'm the mentally unstable one? I think your girlfriend would disagree. In the last six months I've saved someones life. What have you done?

And I'm getting avant garde, not that chemically shit la nuit. Bitch.

>In the last six months I've saved someones life. What have you done?

Not posted my life story unsolicitedly on Veeky Forums in a desperate cry for attention.

That's about 2 years of my life. At least I'm not such an insecure bitch I project onto someone I don't even know. Just like you are projecting now. Your insults are just a desperate cry for attention. All I wanted was a cologne suggestion and you decide to project all over me. Maybe come up with a valid criticism first. Then post yourself on here since you're so superior my man. Let the conglomeration of the world's thought judge you like I provide them the opportunity to do to me. Oh that's right you're too insecure. Probably for good reason.

Also let me give you a more in depth story of my life: today I, fucked your mom, let your dad suck my dick, ate the food out of your fridge, wiped my ass with your pillow, and then showed a few thousand people how much of a bitch you are.

>Your insults are just a desperate cry for attention.
I didn't insult you. I just suggested you see a psych.

>then showed a few thousand people how much of a bitch you are

You may be overestimating the number of people who care about fragrances on Veeky Forums.

I hope you're not offended if I'm not reading these posts. Skimming is more than enough to see that you're not helping your case.

Anyway, have a good night. Elsewhere preferably.

So you didn't call me a faggot. Sorry I thought you were that guy. Can you understand that misinterpretation? And also you didn't give me any reasoning as to why I need to see a psych because if so, I will gladly take the advice. Obviously mental health is important.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDP Intense

Diabetes hair

+1 to you seeing a psych
Or get the fuck out of this thread because you're doing a nice job of shitting it up you mentally unstable freak
Or you're just a troll, not sure why you'd want to troll this thread of all threads on Veeky Forums, though.

Is there a smell thag exists on this planet better than Margiela jazz club?

Agreed, let's just all ignore him. Recognised or not, he clearly has a problem.

recently bought bay rum lime, really mirin the scent but it does kind of fade quickly

delusional/flights of fancy/unimpeded rambling

tl;dr lithium would be the most effay med for you and probably make you chill, but you're probably just an angsty teenager going through an awkward, self-discovery phase. If that applies leave this board/site or it will just become worse.

>lithium's effay
you're liable if his heart stops, lithium's fucking poisonous if used incorrectly. I wouldn't go throwing around suggestions like that to people who might self-medicate.

thank you!

Today is my first day at diptyque. I'm on my lunch break. I'm gonna love it here. Can I cool now?

Welcome

This was my scent and I can't find it anymore. I have to settle with Terre D'Hermes now.

>Jeremy Fragrance Starter Kit

But really, those are good beginner frags. I'd personally skip both of the Armani ones, but that's just me.

As for these recommendations, Gucci PH2 is good and everything but the performance renders it pointless imo. Dior Homme and MiP are great though.

Another good one in this beginner category, especially since we're into Autumn now, would be A*Men Pure Malt.

Jeremy seems like a genuinely decent guy tbf

Where can I try it in the UK? Don't want to blind buy

I totally agree. This is one instance where I would bet 90% of the people who hate on him are jealous nerds.

Also, I think a big part of why people in the frag com are turned off by him is because of his accent & broken english. His phrasing is awkward and makes him seem douchier than he probably really is.

So I've come to the theory that cologne doesn't work on fat people. Was fat and have a 1500$ cologne collection and never got complimented and don't think people could have smelled me. Lost 60lbs and now I get nothing but compliments at my new job. Shit is pretty awesome. The cologne definetly projects way more than it use to when I had weight on me.

Seriously I had 4 girls compliment my Aqcua di gio profumo at work the other day and also my Montale Red Aoud from a girl. Shit is cash. I thought I wasted all the money on cologne too.

nah you can tell he is a conceited asshole.

Even other fragrance youtubers say he is a jackass. He thinks he is above the rest of the fragrance community and nobody on youtube wants to work with him because of how rude he was to them

is sephora in the UK?

If every 1000th horny teen that comes to his channel for the "Top 10 cheapest panty droppers rated by a girl" develops a deeper interest in the fragrances themselves, he did a good for the community.

Nearly every other major frag youtuber comes across as a dork though tbqh. I'd rather hang with Jeremy than them

order a sample

Lavender and bergamot are one of the core notes in classic fougere fragrances (oakmoss bring another).

Selfridges stocks it.

tfw u will never tag team sluts in ibiza w/ jeremy

You have permission to cool. :)

The only thing that works for fat people is personality. Either the funniest person you know, or the kindest.

Guys I am so disappointed in la nuit de l'homme
I went in expecting it to dry down into something amazing and with a good opening
I was disappointed with the opening and the dry down smells like a perfume for a middle aged woman, like sweet flowers. I have tried it multiple times now and I'm not impressed
Anybody here like it?

Using this for almost half a year

every time I look at the thumbnail for this thread I see a chastity device

Is it safe if I blind buy this?

I wouldn't blind buy anything if possible
But if you HAVE to, at least order a sample first

>shitty mall tier stuff
Hey retard, you get almost all perfumes at the mall.

>Dior Homme
Reformulated
>Gucci Pour Homme II
Reformulated
>Midnight in Paris
Reformulated and almost discontinued

Anyway, the user you just said "doing fine" is actually doing great.

Good choice, user and you're on the right track. Well, stay away from V&R: Spicebomb if you can. Armani are great especially AdG Profumo, then Savage (super crowd pleaser and compliment garner) and BdC EDP.

Nothing is ever safe but if you've researched well you can get an idea of what you're in for and make it 'safer.

I have heard and read a lot of positive things about D&G: One EDP's smell. But it's performance is quite low than my expectation. Some what around 2 to 3 hours max. Confused a bit, though.

I blind buy almost exclusively, using the method you describe, and I've never been disappointed. Surprised perhaps, but always ultimately pleased with my choices. Research, research, research, and find reviewers whose tastes match your own.

Hi Veeky Forums, I need an advice.
Male, 20 years old, but looking older because of shaved head (it suits me very well). I have no experience with fragrances other than some cheap shit so I guess I like most of the "notes" and "accords". I need something for winter. Only thing I care about is for the fragrance to suit me - I have just started college and I am still meeting new people, and I would like the fragrance to accompany my character. I am quite mysterious, don't like too much of attention and revealing details about my life in the beginning so something along those lines should be ok (not strong and sort of revealing it's smell after time?). Price doesn't matter that much as long as the perfume is accessible in Europe.

Are there any good frags with both sea salt/marine and smoky notes? I know it's an odd mix - I've never heard of a frag that pulls it off. Curious to see if there is one. Thanks :)

How would he be delusional/ experience flights of fancy if, hypothetically, he were telling the truth? And also how is rambling mentally unstable? I do it sometimes when I'm frustrated... am I crazy user?:(

Best fragrance for someone working as a bank teller? Mainly sitting down all day. Environment is kind of office-y

I like bergamot. And lavender. But how do these scents go together?

How to fragrance when total noob?! plz halp :<

I don't want to run people out the room, or smell like chemicals, or smell like candy/flowers. It seems so hard...

Am I trying to be too neutral?

burberry touch

I think I am going to try Sauvage. I know it has no scents I mentioned but has good reviews and is described as crowd pleasing without being overpowering/offensive in any way and also mature.

Must have fragrances that you must have in your collection:

Acqua di gio profumo
Tuscan Leather
Green Irish Tweed

But aqua di gio commercials are on tv every other minute and they piss me off so fucking much

They are literally like the non-ironic version of Zoolander's moisture commercials. LOL

>picking the worst of the luna rossas

Extreme or even the original are so much better.

he said he made a mistake yo, i think he knows..

How does Jeremy make his money? Is he just a model?

He is like 5'4 so no he isn't a model. I think he is just a rent boy

thanks user
any other suggestions? i want to find at least a couple and then try some samples.

JeremyFragrance being 5'4''? He's 6'2''

Classics that should be in every collection?
Fahrenheit, Aventus, Silver Mountain Water, Guerlain Vetiver
Personal favorites that I will never be without?
Bleecker Street, Cedrat Boise, Tam Dao

>Fahrenheit
I hate Fahrenheit

You want to smell like a pirate? From a fragrantica search the only one is 1805 Tonnerre BeauFort London but I have not tried it.

Yea, it's nice. imo, nowhere near deserving of the unrelenting hype it receives/received. But I understand what you mean & why you might not like it. Granted, I've never smelled an older batch so apparently the current formulation is garbage.

I wore L'homme a lot when I first got into frags, so I liked La Nuit a lot when I finally tried it. Never gotten a compliment while wearing it, except from my gf

I'm going to do it

I'm going to blind buy Aventus

Been thinking about pulling the trigger on DHP. I love DH but want a stronger version of it. I was hoping to find that in DHI but I was really let down. To me, I don't see why DHI gets so much hype, it seemed way too soft and bland to be considered "intense."

Anybody have any experience with DHP?

why?

That's a fuckload of money to spend on a blind buy. Why wouldn't you just buy a sample or go smell it at nordstrom?

Feel bad because I actually like DHI a lot but always get comments like "what smells like powder?" all the time. Feels bad

Well I still feel for ya, because as much as I love DH, I never get compliments on it. Only one time from a dyke at the Apple store. A couple times I sprayed the fuck out of it in frustration before going out. After hugging a couple female acquaintances, all i got was a mere "you smell... pretty."

Oh well. I'll wear DH for me, and Sauvage for them.

Just tried Égoïste and it's so bad. Like a powdery poo. Anyone else had that feeling?

I tried Fahrenheit at a grocery store and really liked it. I heard its a meme fragrance for old guys though. What do you think? First time buying a fragrance ever, I want to use it occasionally to uni/work as well as on weekends.

m, 20, central europe