Cameras

What does Veeky Forums use?

yashy t3

how different is this from the t4 or t5? thinking about buying one senpai, got any pictures?

its fatter but atleast it has the brighter lens. I just love how it looks.

keep dumping man looks great!

haha thx, took these back in my china trip

How come the FED 2 is so meme? Looks like any old camera.

Probably just because it has that iconic hipster esthetic, all while being widely available for a relatively cheap amount of rubles.

Just guessing here.

My dad got this when it first came out and recently gifted it to me

m39 mount knockoff leica

>muh street

It kinda does look leika leica haha

the colors are pretty crazy, especially lighter ones

I bought the Canon AE-1 About a month ago

How do u develop your film?
Do you do it yourself?

I use a pentax k100 with a broken light meter and a sony a230. Im not much of a gear fag and i use what i have.

What are some good entry level compact cameras ? (both film and digital)

Don't want to get a dslr yet when I'm not sure how often I'll take pictures where I would bring it?

ae-1

usually a Pentax K1000 but my gf is borrowing it right now for a class. also picked up a Minolta AF-SV (the one that talks to you) from a thrift store, but the goddamn shutter won't fire or something. everything works except that as far as I can tell, even the little light in the viewfinder that goes off when you press the shutter button. does anyone have any experience with these?

>pic related, this jap-accented fucker

got it for 5 dollars at a goodwill

Just go to a used camera store and pick up a cheap film DSLR and a lens or two. I'm from a shitty flyover state and I still managed to find decent cameras for less than $50, and lenses are really cheap too if you don't mind small scratches (which should be fine for a beginner).

Don't invest too much money in gear when you're starting out. Get something cheap and used and see how well you like it.

Hot

If anything the Zorki lineup is the bigger meme since they resemble the mainstream Leicas most. Get your hands on the right glass however and both will perform very well.

>What are some good entry level compact cameras ? (both film and digital)

Usually anything with a aperture faster than 2.8/more manual control is a good compact (this doesn't always hold true but these are preferred more by many photogs). Also keep your eyes peeled for models that have a heavy hipster tax on eBay so once you're sick of owning the cam you can flip it.

>Don't want to get a dslr yet when I'm not sure how often I'll take pictures where I would bring it?

Do exactly what this user says so that way you can get a feel for shooting with it. You can't go wrong with almost any system out there, but I'd highly suggest finding one that either displays the settings for certain photos via led panel or has full manual controls without a meter so that way you can learn from your mistakes initially.

Can motion picture cameras be effay? I want a Bolex 160 to go with my K-3 on the shelf but there might be better options.

Film cameras I've used so far

Nikon fm2
Canon rebel g
Nikon f100
Yashica lm
Hasselblad swc
Olympus stylus epic
Canon af35ml
Canonet ql17

Faves are medium format. Nothing beats provia slides.

any pics?

I use a Pentax k1000. Can anybody recommend a decent 70s-80s Japanese point and shoot that I can get for under $20 on eBay? Every point and shoot that I've bought from a thrift shop has turned out to be broken in some way.

>tfw tempted to spend my savings on a brand new Canon t5

Should i go for a 2nd hand or try film photography with my grandpa film range camera like ?

Nikkormat FT2

>tfw no nice medium format or panoramic camera
guess i'm fine with a film point and shoot for now

Never heard of a film dslr

Cannon 500D and I was using a Pentax K1000 for film I originally got from my father, but it broke when I was moving last year so I need to replace it.

i only dev black and white myself and even then its a monobath lol but i scan myself.

Sorry, I was tired.