U N I

U N I
T H R E A D

who else /vandy/ here?

Chief Kenneth Cop, guide my weary soul.

Creighton here

not sure if it's the seasonal depression or the crucifixes but i wanna go home now

Anyone in Columbia?

Went here for a few

Any Veeky Forumsggies

Anyone?
Also anyone at Tulane? pls

I really want to kill myself

who cal art!

Best ivy checking in

respect on the cal arts. What are you studying?how do you like it there? Veeky Forums scene heavy or is it just a buncha preppy fucks

stern or gtfo

end my life

pretty run of the mill in terms of fashion desu - very few truly Veeky Forums fits, some inoffensive ivy prep/menswear. 85% of the engineers are unsurprisingly poorly dressed. Campus is beautiful this time of the year though.

I'm back

Fuck why is davis such a shithole UC.

At least it's not Riverside

who /cornell/ here

You mean Merced, but Davis is the epitome of college city life.

groovie uv where fashion goes to die

I'm applying to ivy's in december, wish me luck

at least not UCI, where chinese outnumber every other minority 230:1

who /applyingtocolleges/ here?

sup bro,
safeties/target/reach?

pleb tier

anyone /harvardschoolofart/ here?

Imagine if universities didn't have quotas... 90% Asian population for sure.

yup. Just sent in Columbia ED app and really hoping it works out.

>safeties
UW, Boston College, Northeastern
>possible
Berkley, Wesleyan, Wash U, Tufts
>reach
Columbia, Brown, Penn, Northwestern, Yale

I have a 2.5 gpa and a 25 ACT
probably Montclair state university

>who /underageb&/ here?

if I can get into Princeton so can you senpai best of luck to all my Veeky Forums bros out there

Pic related

you realize that a good portion of seniors are 18?

patagonia & bean boots fml

>tfw super comfy school in shit tier state

:)

is your gpa actually your average? if your last two years of HS were good just apply to canadian universities, i had a 2.7gpa but got into a top Canadian

>attending a 3rd rate university

Probably expensive as shit
And 2.5 is average for community college
My ACT is kind of high for okay state schools

canadian uni's are the same as in state

tuition for me is around 10,000$(CNd)

Where are you from originally and what school do you go to?

How's the school? Was thinking of transferring

from USA going to Queen's University. not the top uni I was talking about, also got into uVic(rank 4 or something) but decided on Queen's instead.

i pay like 5.5k for fall and 4.5k for winter

doesn't include living expenses or textbooks but you can live cheap

I swear every asian kid here seems to have a pair of rick runners or some shit

Do you know how university of Toronto would rank in comparison to us schools?
I know Canada is really similar to the US but I'm not looking forward to a huge culture shock

who /dublin/ here

University of Toronto is really highly rated, 34 in the world. Brown is 49. Duke is 29. I think if you go to U of T you will be served well.
It's definitely top 3 in Canada. I think it might be #1 or 2...
As for culture, Toronto is basically Canada's New York. It's the fashion capital and where almost everyone at my school goes to when they want to get out of Kingston.
It's left-wing, the biggest culture shock you're going to get is the price of cereal being $2 more

don't come to uoft for undergrad

Damn that sounds nice
Is it hard to get into?

well yeah
if your grades are good do UofT, McGill, UBC
if your grades are okay-to-bad you're better off applying either to the two i've mentioned, Queen's/University of Victoria, or staying in the US.
Queen's has a shitload of locations abroad so if you want to go to school in England or Germany or wherever it's a good option. It's also a party hard/study hard uni. the main location is Kingston, which is a shithole that has one street and one mall. lot of crack head locals but you're probably only going to see college students
only know UVIC because I've stayed in Victoria a few times... it's a lovely city, basically just rich old Canadians and uni students live there. You can take day trips to Vancouver easily. also has a downtown district and is pretty affluent, many stores etc

wrong pic
thats def not victoria

how much weed do u smoke?

WIT here. Pretty much everyone is autistic and/or a design major. The MassArt kids are pretty cool though.

How do you like cph? starting there this winter

where are you now?

A shitty no-name community college

>tfw 36 but still going to a state school
>feelsbad

MSU here. I live in the residential arts college building but I'm a business major. KILL ME

UCM here. I like it. I was originally going to be here then transfer out to another UC or CSU but the school really grows on you and I decided to stay. I'm happy with my decision :^)

What to wear with wool pants to not look like an absolute tryhard tosser? Casual shoes? Sweater? I have a pair of captoe black derbies, but they're a little too dressy.

Like 3

Sam Hyde?

wrong thread but depends on the cut. im assuming yours are slimmer, and captoe derbies could probably be paired with a tucked in white t-shirt and an overshirt if that's your style. otherwise, yeah kinda dress them down.

Probably needed to be more descriptive here. Whoops.
>Pleated
>100% wool trousers
>not flecked
>Grey colours
Thrifted three pairs for

Montclair state?

hmm. pleated makes them a lot more dressy, but i think my points still stand. what's the rise on them (how high do they come up) and what's their hem like?

I think I solved my own question after thinking about it. The answer is more sweaters. Thriftstore had already been robbed of them all. Black friday sales can't come fast enough.

Michigan State

Currently looking to transfer out of a community college in NJ, any northern or out west colleges that i should look at?

Lots of friends there, opinion on the school?

>Penn
get on my level

and yet, nobody wants you here! haha, fuck off, embryos!

Nice campus with good educational standards but it's a commuter school
No sense of community
Zero party scene
People are only here for a degree and nothing else
All my freinds moved out too so I'm lonely all the time
I haven't hung out with anyone or had fun in 2 years

>tfw engineering school and trying to break teh stereotype
Michigan Tech University

I wanted to go to Tulane but my dads a Texas born veteran so I get my tuition paid for under the Hazlewood Act

>Boston College
>Safety

Senior at Williams. Socially it's desperate but I was able to do a year abroad at Oxford and the tutorials are rad as fuck. I am hoping to get into the joint JD/MBA program at Harvard, my LSATs were pretty good at 175 and my GPA is strong as well (so long as I don't fuck around next term) so I think I have a genuinely good chance. I'm applying to a range of grad schools though so we'll see.

However, I'm totally unsure what I want to do with my life.

if you weren't raised in a religious household it's a little bit of a culture shock kinda deal but the academics are great so why not
i'm white trash to the core and didnt know what the fuck catholicism was about so i'm having a rough time adjusting but you'll be okay

rip wish i could transfer

also trying to transfer out
I'm in my first year of CC and I can't stand it
How do I transfer as soon as possible

what r u studying @ risd.

Holy shit bro, I think I know you, Williamstown rep

>However, I'm totally unsure what I want to do with my life.
liberal arts education in a nutshell

freshman cas here, it's getting chilly

>tfw least effay school

Any other terps here? Why do we pretend we're a good school?

all my friends were, and i would have been too if they threw me more scholarship money. it is a good school...depending what your major is

undecided~

Anyone Sheffield here?

What's it like there?

Starting here next summer.

Depends what you're into. Amazing nightlife (see Hope Works and The Night Kitchen) and SU. Brilliant if you're into techno, bassline etc. Easy to get to other cities like Manchester for other gigs. Close to the outdoors and great for rock climbing. I think i made the right choice going

I about to pull the trigger myself user

what's the most Veeky Forums school in canada?

Sup, where do you live? WC sophomore here. I thought it was finally going to get cold after sunday night but nope.

fuck u