Okay Veeky Forums I'm new here but have a ton of questions, I'd really love it if someone could help me out with em

Okay Veeky Forums I'm new here but have a ton of questions, I'd really love it if someone could help me out with em

What inspired all these similar petroglyphs? The nazca lines? Why are Tlaloc, Indra-Agni, Dionysus, Zeus and Jehova so similar? Was Soma made from psychoactive mushrooms or ephedra? What's the deal with Maenads? Centaurs?

Other urls found in this thread:

ancient-literature.com/greece_aristophanes_frogs.html
archaeologyinbulgaria.com/2015/12/07/archaeologist-discovers-8000-year-old-nephrite-frog-like-swastika-in-slatina-neolithic-settlement-in-bulgarias-capital-sofia/
bibliotecapleyades.net/arqueologia/cueva_tayos02.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

[desire to know more intensifies]

Yeah, our visual processing area of the brain relies on some sort of fundamental structuring which science has yet to fully explain. We've probably been seeing similar things since we were worms.
Hallucinogens allow you to 'see yourself seeing' of that makes any sense.
Similarly, the other things may relate to some species-similar construct in the brain. Not as cut and dry as Zeus is a hippocampus or something like that, just that we are and have been built similarly throughout the ages.

Interesting to see you bring that up! I remember reading an incredibly dense journal article years ago about the Georgian script being directly inspired by common phosphenes

>Hallucinogens allow you to 'see yourself seeing' of that makes any sense.
More on this? I'm a fan of psychedelics and this is interesting

that owl stuff is legitimately spooky. Didn't some old (BC) empires and monarchies use an owl as their symbol?

The owl was the symbol of Athena, the patron goddess of Athens. As her attribute was wisdom, so too was the owl subsequently attributed. The Athenians are why we associate owls with wisdom today.

We have a shit ton of these kind of petroglyphs in Sardinia too, weird as fuck.

These are some old memes
Nice topic

Could this be the rarest pepe?

>Newgrange, England

Here's a "squatter" from Gobekli Tepe, everyone's favorite meme city.

Incredible

>Awaken my masters

A rather...stupendously endowed bovine idol is seen here, with similar appearance to other "squatter" petroglyphs:

What does it all mean?

dildos obviously

Man with big dick???

>five gods that are vastly different
>hurr why are they the same

Kill yourself

Kek'd at the African slong

Those are also found in Anatolia, Catahoyuk if I'm not mistaken.

>vastly different

Really? Aren't at least three of them direct descendants of Proto-indo-europeans? Tlaloc is the Aztec god of storms, and while having no connection to the Eurasian landmass itself, is replete with thematic and ritualistic similarities to Dionysus, who in turn was descendant of the chief storm and sky-god of the Greeks.

>both have intoxicating cults - mushrooms and wine
>both are associated with fertility and sexuality
>both are associated with lightning
>both are associated with serpents
>both retreat to the watery underworld
ancient-literature.com/greece_aristophanes_frogs.html
>Perseus, a sacred King of Argos, converted to Dionysus worship, named Mycenae after a toadstool which he found growing on the site, and which gave forth a stream of water
>Tlaloc's emblem was a toad, so was that of Argos; and from the mouth of Tlaloc's toad in the Tepentitla fresco issues a stream of water...

6th millennium BCE

My experience is with 25-i and high-potency weed. 25-I felt like the world is floating in an ocean, being gently rocked by waves. Every shadow and shape moved back and forth. Everything felt like it was on an undulating axis. Subtle, but very cool.

Weed, I feel like, made me aware of my thought process. Like, if I closed my eyes I felt like I was navigating down a menu tree, but the menus were fractal patterns made of lightning. Everything felt really familiar, like I had been aware of this as clear as day when I was 5 but for some reason I had forgotten. Interestingly, while there were always new patterns, I could recall old shapes/patterns/menus by thinking similar thoughts. It was like I was visualizing whatever molecular interaction was going on in my brain. I think it might have been because smaller neurotransmitter molecules (so released by the THC) were bouncing off common memory storage molecules in predictable ways leading to the predictability and familiarity of it.

Also, I often was way more aware of my body in that I felt like I had an extrasensory awareness of my nerves. Again, represented as lightning of wondrous colors.

Both the thought process and body awareness looked a lot like pic related, but it was much less fluid. It strobed 4-8 times a second, and you feel throbbing with it. Might have been alpha-waves. Not sure. Sorry for rambling but that's all I have on halluc.

More on topic I feel like weed at least is an entheogen, because any primitive seeing this could not see such otherworldly beauty and not think it was divine.

Not to mention that Tlaloc, Zeus, and Dionysus all have prominent sacred mountains
>Mount Tlaloc
>Mount Olympus
>Mount Parnassus

You CANNOT make this shit up

I'm certainly no expert on the topic, maybe I'm a good combo of somewhat level-headedness and endless curiosity about how things work.
Psychedelics and dissociates seem to separate the higher level functions of the mind from the lower. i.e. your conciousnes becomes separated from your proprioception for example. This is where the panicy aspect of these drugs come in, where suddenly your brain becomes unaware of your stomach, it's talking but no longer a part of you as a whole. Your hands don't move as well as they did because the communication between your willpower and your muscles is slowed, etc.
I think the main home of thought is language so it's really something to have all these disparate areas talking to your 'language area' of the brain and all the cross talk between the parts and it's hard to describe.
So I guess one could ask 'how do you work?' from your ears or something and get back an answer in the form of senses and cross-talk between the senses. Ask your memory how it works and you get a dream, ask your eyes how they work and you get hexagonal-4dimensional cycling bits, the form constants. Ask your ears and it's something like sxhxxhxhxheeeeeeeew.
It's interesting how after taking psychedelics you can look at pic related and be like 'yeahh, that's where I was' without really being culturally imbued by these images. It's really all the evidence I have of something shared between people's consciousness' structures.

tl,dr: there's a little gnome in your head fooling you into thinking you're one thing and lsd puts him to sleep.

Imo there is no way Indian religion is not based heavily on entheogenic drugs. Everything about the aesthetics, the concept of ahimsa (psychedelics give you empathy like nothing else possibly can), total acceptance of natural physics and treating all gods as all just aspects of one greater divine truth (which is essentially a state of being).... It just *has* to be. No surprise that mushrooms and weed are native to the region the Aryans invaded from (kush/afghanistan).

did you just make that yourself? fucking hell
last year they found another one in the capital
archaeologyinbulgaria.com/2015/12/07/archaeologist-discovers-8000-year-old-nephrite-frog-like-swastika-in-slatina-neolithic-settlement-in-bulgarias-capital-sofia/

They were artistic interpretations of imagery from legends about the Hyper War that had been passed on through the generations.

Yeah, I've had a similar experience on weed.

What's interesting to me is that on a moderate dose of LSD, and again when I ate an eighth of mushrooms, I had the feeling that what I was seeing were things I always saw somewhere, which is why I was interested in the phosphene idea. My memory of the specifics is very muddled so unfortunately I can't give any more details, but this happened the first and only time I ate shrooms and on one acid trip

I'm the guys from and now I have a name to put to what i see. Flicker phosphenes perfectly describe my experience. These shapes are pretty much what I would see, but Not always radially/quadrilaterally symmetrical. I also feel like they would layer on top of each other so when my mind focused on one aspect of the fractal I'd go down a layer and see a new pattern emerge, hence the menus/submenus analogy. Hmm. I don't feel so special anymore. But now I'm glad I am not pathological.

how long does this shit stay in the body?

100% with you on what you're saying.

To this I'd add that I've always thought the many-armed God motif as being a 4-D composite of a human life, showing many important "time slices" at once.

>be me
>be on shrooms after going to see rango
>come home, lay face down on bed
>have dream in which I overcome satan in a multidimensional hellzone, everything goes back to normal, or so I think
>still face down on bed, I think my friends are in the room, and I'm talking to them. They're all responding in their own voices, and saying things they would totally say
>I look up to respond to something especially cheeky one of them says
>I realize I am alone, still tripping, and completely role playing multiple people at once

>I lol hard and have no hard feelings about it

>sleeping on shrooms
Is that possible? You can't on LSD

There are similarities in a lot of things. Something we just don't really understand yet,

It was a waking dream I think. I just sort of *rested* with my face in the pillow, and had visions while I was there.

fallen angels

I want a source on that thing on the right, I have a vague feeling it's not from Ecuador, sadly.

By the time the artwork on the left was made, the ancestors of the Ecuadorian natives had crossed the Bering Strait thousands of years earlier.

the ecuadoran exaple is likely a fake, the result of a dranged monk or priest, the artifacts he brought to light had no clear origen and no cotext or dig site, and they all were artisticly european or afro semetic....and all based on works of art he would have had acess to reproductions of as an educated cleargyman

bibliotecapleyades.net/arqueologia/cueva_tayos02.htm

its all very obviously fake

Figured it probably wasn't true considering I found it on /x/. Still, we still have the Mesoamericans and Egyptians + others all sharing pyramids, which is a spooky similarity.

The hallucinations last for probably 30 minutes tops of your tolerance is low. When you have tolerance you don't see them. Only strain I ever saw them on was Blue Dream. THC stays in your body for about a month, but can remain in for longer if you're fat.

Hmm! I like that interpretation.

I should mention that weed also causes either auditory hallucinations, or your brain builds structures patterns around stimuli. Like, I would lay in my bed for hours hearing the most splendid music just by hearing the air conditioner. My brain would pick up the individual noises and make it into the music that is the most pleasing to me that music can possibly be. It was like my heart was singing, but manifested as really mathematic baroque polyphony.

is
is that what I think it is?

Who /radials quadrangles poles/ here?

When I close, and then press on my eyes with my palms and attempt to "see" I experience these

And they also share some unique practices like artifical cranial deformation.

Isn't this supposed to be a very early Yahweh and his wife?

You talk so much but know so little. Heasbinding is common in so many freaking cultures I can't help but laugh at the depth of your ignorance.

On a heroic dose of LSD (taken irresponsibly while all alone at night) after going psychotic and leaving my house I yelled for help from a woman across the street waiting at a bus stop and she turned to me, she looked exactly like this picture in the OP I swear to God like she was a white doll with big black eyes streaking grey down onto a long flowing white dress. One of the most disturbing moments of my life.

Wouldn't be surprised if native peoples saw similar visions on other hallucinogens.

I felt the EXACT same thing the first time I was on LSD, like I had felt this before back when I was a toddler but forgot all about it until just now. It's disturbing but also just so fucking interesting. Honestly I'm feeling a little emotional and scared just remembering it now