What are some Veeky Forums magazines to check out...

What are some Veeky Forums magazines to check out? I want somewhere to draw some inspo from but all they sell locally are mags like GQ and stuff.

Side question: are there any Veeky Forums Canadian fashion magazines or no?

Pic related, popeye seems cool as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

intelligencemagazine.com/stockists/
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1943260
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1942917
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2692125
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2692098
amazon.co.jp/POPEYE-ポパイ-2012年-09月号-雑誌/dp/B008MO0WIG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

popeye looks great,does anyone know how to get a subscription in north america?

You can pay 15 bucks a month in shipping and go through a courier, it's a huge hassle and i would recommend against it (magazine house does offer it though)
Or you can go to a Japanese bookstore and buy it every month...Toronto and Vancouver should have them
Or get it from Amazon Japan for ~$15 a month with two day shipping. That's what I do

hi is this mens nn or popeye

I think that's from Begin, but I can't tell which issue

thanks thats all i needed to know
love the pic

>Veeky Forums Canadian fashion magazines
Intelligence
I've wanted to buy some copies but I live on the opposite side of the world and shipping would make it simply not worthwhile.

always with the bananas snd stuff
I love how japanese fashion mags always like to have a photo of a model eating something
there's that ice cream one that always gets posted

of kentaro?
i actually dont have the photo saved because harddrive died but
i guess it makes it seem really casual and makes it really seem like "streetwear" in the sense that thats literally what normal people do on the street
i used to have alot of nice photos, collecting now

Found it
Men's non no
It's my fucking magazine lol I need to get the file numbers correct

>tfw u could be living the azn prettiboi life if it werent for your manletitism

.....user is this your first thread ever
Japanese people are tiny
Biggest shoe size you can get is 9.5

i didnt make the thread
japanese people on average are tiny
but the models in these pics are above average by western standards and tall by asian standards
what i mean is i cant be like the models in these pictures (go figure) because im short

But the clothes are available in your size

ya but it just aint gonna look the same, legs are too short lmao

>tfw would like to print media but it's dying and expensive

how would one obtain the grainy,textured appearance of these magazines?
is it just because its been scanned by a photocopier or is it part of the aesthetic?
anyways i love it

If only I could read Japanese

intelligencemagazine.com/stockists/

Lots of stores carry the magazine.

I think I might try the photocopier theory next time I get to a nice copy shop
Maybe there's a Photoshop filter or something...

Photoshop action - pseudo film grain

yeah i was wondering this too. The aesthetic is so cool in all of these Japanese magazines I wanna figure out how to replicate it.

Pseudo lomo + pseudo film grain

Look up Photoshop actions. There a millions of handy ones already made for you. Browse film grain, lomography, old magazine effect, google what you want, there is Photoshop action of that.

You can find a collection of back issues of the gook mags on russian trackers
http download some here jmagazinescans.lj.ru

Couldnt find any on that site, also searching

This is the archive I maintain

pastebin.com/Q2iDYiAM
The folders all have zips if you want to save the magazines

search tags ffs
ctrl+f popeye

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1943260

28 issues of Popeye 2009-2012

Wow, that's pretty depressing

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1942917

HUGE mag 26 issues 2008-2012

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2692125

34 issues of Men's Non-No 2008-2010

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2692098

2009 bape

That guy's dressed like a fucking chump, OP.

There are no Canadian fashion magazines worth paying attention to

Is it worth getting the latest Popeye mag?

or Scan user would you recommend a mag getting that's good for inspo and that you havent scanned yet? I made a thread before about buying popeye, I'm about to pull the trigger on Amazon jp but I'm wondering if there's a mag more worth getting.

Out standing
It's in English+Japanese and fucking amazing....

this. i used a bunch of the links the people above provided to get some scans since i've never read it before, im fucking hooked.

It's actually unreal in my opinion, the whole aesthetic and a lot of the fits are really on point. I feel like it's probably worth getting a physical copy too for like a coffee table read you know, would help make your living room a bit more Veeky Forums

Closest one to me is in Brisbane. Thanks anyway, might pick one up the next time I'm over there

Ayyyy, thanks. I'll check out older issues to see what it's like. Got popeye and outstanding in the basket but may switch out popeye if there's something else better.

Best women's magazine is aesthetic as fuck
Liniere
And it always comes with free shit

I like monocle, although its more of a current affairs magazine i guess

I agree, even as a guy checking out liniere from user's scans was pretty nice, but wouldn't the free shit be for women?

>tfw you lowkey wanted to buy the kiko cover one in a japanese book store

they do a lot of those "moncole guide to ___" books tho don't they? Never actually read one before so not sure if they're worth buying, anyone here ever checked one out?

Are there any good Hong Kongese or just chinese language fashion magazines?

why are you still on these site you old subhuman faggot?

Monocle is true hipster shit desu pham
Epitome of what some 27-y/o art director from Hoxton considers insightful

Bout to pull the trigger. Is it worth it guys? Better than me spending £20 on one Popeye mag locally desu but is this the cheapest method?

>Anonymous 11/03/16(Thu)16:51:43 No.11926695▶
>
>why are you still on these site you old subhuman faggot?
Be nice

I have this issue. Pretty comfy

do it anglo cuck..Its worth it

Yeah it's the cheapest way
A Japanese bookstore world charge more and that's the cheapest place to buy them in person
Popeye and out standing aren't available digitally, but for ten dollars a month you can sign up for Amazon unlimited, which gives you access to hundreds of Japanese magazines. That's what I do
Only drawback is it doesn't include every publication

Ordered them this morning. Looking forward to having them in hand. Do you get them delivered or digital with that?

w2c the two middle tees

with amazon unlimited? digital
and there's a way to download them =)

just register for a one month trial...I've had it for like 4 months and I like it

I love her

Feels good
July issue isn't pictures cuz it's in my room

032c is effay as fuck. they have an entire issue dedicated to Raf

Scan & share you nigger

it's hard to destroy a 15 dollar magazine just for 5 people to say thanks

i fuccs with that middle guy hard

share with us please

how did you order them? I'm finding it a problem. I'm in the UK too

You need to create an account
There are instruction guides online
Like two years ago it was a complicated process....now it takes like thirty seconds

you can still keep and preserve the pages
but i feel you thats why if i ever get any doubles i scan em

Anyone want me to scan any of these? If theres enough interest i will 1/3

2/3

3/3

user you replied to here. At the top right there's a sign to change the japanese to english. Then you have to create a new account for japanese amazon. There's alot of guides on google as said. From there it's just same as normal amazon.

Latest Sense? How long does it take you to scan stuff?

Please scan them

i think eating helps accentuate your jawline

I read something one time about how brad pitt eating in all his movies to make him seem more down-to-earth or something like that. I can't remember, it's been years.

In the context of this mag photo I imagine it it's to make the guy seem like an on-the-run urban dude who doesn't have time for breakfast because he's running off to hid friends studio, then to the zine drop then to band practice etc etc.

if you're the guy who has scanned mags in the past, I think you're underestimating how many people appreciate your work. Those zips get shared on tumblr and reposted in other threads. Often when you dump something there are a lot more lurkers than posters.

But I totally understand not wanting to ruin your magazines.

Didn't know that...thanks
By the way I am saving up for a $600 large format scanner so that I can start archiving my many years worth of Free&Easy mags
Those issues are timeless

please do

That's an ooooold issue of Popeye

Yup.

please user

This

My oldest stuff is around 2001-2002, vintage dior and lang ads everywhere

But yeah ill try and scan when i get home guys

I also have a box of 2nd magazine every issue from 2007-2012 i think(might be a few missing)

Did you just get magazine lots on Yahoo Japan auctions? Shit's really cheap that way but I always pay retail

A couple lots at the beginning to get check out as many different publications as possible then found the ones i like and went from there, also sought out specific ones because of the brands they covered for example i have a lot of sense huge and mens non no from 2007 fw and 2009 fw because they covered undercover really well at that time.

That's not bad
What was shipping like? Did you use that super slow method that takes like three weeks

There's a rumor that they all shoot film and after they print their photos they scan them to get this look.

I group all my purchases from japan in about 10-20 item packages since i don't just buy magazines shipping is about 7k yen, whats pricy is proxy fees and domestic shipping. Takes 4 business days or less to ship

Oh okay that's not too bad. It's a nice treat to get stuff from Japan
Amazon.co.jp uses dhl, and I've gotten mags shipped overnight from Tokyo, man....best feeling in the world to have shit scanned and put online before it's even available for purchase at streetwear shops or JP bookstores

Would /p/ throw a bitchfit if I were to post pics from Popeye and ask how they got the effect? Is that a super cringey thing to do there? Cuz I bet a trip could figure it out

I don't post on /p/ so i couldn't tell you
I don't trust dhl because the few timea i have used it i got killed by duty and i don't see much point in buying a couple magazines at a time even if it means overnight shipping.

Besides if you ship from japan either through fedex or ems you sometimes can time it right so it's only 2 business days

>duty
you're not american? disregard this entire conversation cucknadian / yuropoor

Could somebody please upload or share a link Popeye 785 (I think it was Sept. 2012) if they've got it? I'd be so grateful.

Or even a link to buy a copy.

amazon.co.jp/POPEYE-ポパイ-2012年-09月号-雑誌/dp/B008MO0WIG
one cent

Thanks, but how's it so cheap? That's crazy

I dunno you can buy like 100 issues of gq for next to nothing
They must think the same about old ass issues of Popeye

I'm in japan for work and stumbled into a manga shop, found Popeye, very cool magazine.

what's up with gawky white retards thinking anything Japanese is cool?

Well I can tell you exactly what's up with it, since nu males here in Japan do the exact same thing with anything American. Last year (and this year as well it seems) everybody is wearing fake American college sweaters