Music Artwork on clothing

How do you feel about wearing/people who wear clothing that features art of musicians and music even though they don't know/care for the music? At the level of the basic Metallica shirt, that's just poser stuff, but what about Raf or Undercover stuff, say? For example, I've seen some cool Undercover pieces with Marquee Moon art, and the album just kind of comes off as underwhelming and bland to me; the same applies to New Order's Power, Corruption & Lies. What do you guys think about that sort of stuff? To me, honestly, I do care about music a lot, so unless I get into the music I generally tend to not go for the clothes.

nah if it looks cool wear it

There's only two kinds of people who wear merch (or merch-derived/inspired clothing)
1- people who are fans of this or that band/artist
2- literal posers

there's plenty of different kinds of posers; the ironic ones, the lazy ones, the hypocritical ones, the fake-ass ones, and they all come with various bullshit excuses for wearing advertisements of bands they don't really care about.
But merch (or pseudo-merch) rarely, VERY rarely looks as good as non-merch clothing. So at the end of the day, it remains painfully obvious that all those who wear merch of bands/artists they don't like are just vain faggots with no taste.

here's the thing though: it doesn't

>For example, I've seen some cool Undercover pieces with Marquee Moon art, and the album just kind of comes off as underwhelming and bland

>and the album just kind of comes off as underwhelming and bland

off yourself pleb

op is not talking about merch or """merch-derived""" clothing at all

But you could be a fan of Raf, but not New Order. Just because Raf uses those designs doesn't make his work just merch.

I'm more worried about your absolutely unsalvageable music taste senpai.

I do listen to a ton of stuff, just never got into a lot of punk or post-punk. Don't know why so many designers are into those specific genres, honestly.

there's some incredible post-punk out there you plebian. its such a massive genre that it leeched out into a lot of music that we all love

>waaahh you dont listen to what i listen to

w2c jeans anything like that

Meh I wear an Iceage t-shirt and I've never listened to them. It doesn't stop me from looking good in it. Identifying with a band you listen to as a way to form one's own authenticity is about as pathetic as it gets.

Wearing a shirt of a band you've never even listened to is pathetic as it gets. Faggot.

not to be forgotten

i have a joy division shirt

is it 'music appropriation' if im planning on buying this but im more into hardcore than metal?

Metalheads and people who listen to hardcore are usually buddies, go for it (but at least listen to one album by the band that is represented on your clothes)

buy misbhv

hardcore what?

hardcore punk?
post-hardcore?
hadcore techno?

Hardcore itself is a genre

no it's not
it's a shorthand for the genres I mentioned.

hardcore punk fans call hardcore punk "hardcore"

post-hardcore fans call post-hardcore "hardcore"

hardcore techno fans call hardcore techno "hardcore"

This specific pair is the Undercover one. You could probably find it on Grailed if you look for it.

Hardcore techno I suppose.

w2c marquee moon shirt

it doesn't matter if it looks good, if you're a "poser", if you like the band or not

the fact is if you don't know anything about the designs you're wearing you just look like a moron. there's a difference between
>oh I don't really like this band but I'm a fan of the graphic design behind it
and
>oh lol who is joy division? i just bought this shrit cuz it looks cool and it saw it on tumblr LOL

S P I R I T

C O O K I N G