Why did Europeans before modernity look like a bunch of fags?

Why did Europeans before modernity look like a bunch of fags?

Modern Americans look like bigger fags to be honest, mate.

Long story short, I'll explain it in simple terms so even a retard like yourself can understand it: cultural fashion norms and trends change. Especially over the course of LITERALLY FUCKING CENTURIES.

To name the most prominent examples: high heels. First they were invented for knights, to ensure they had a better grip on their stirrups with their feet. As the noble knightly class faded out and the noblesse d'épée (nobility of the blade) became the noblesse de robe (nobility of the robe, basically privileged administrators), these high heels were adapted as day-to-day fashion. They were masculine because they made you look taller and more imposing. After the French Revolution this kind of stopped (as did other noble fashions like powdered wigs) because they were seen as vain excesses of the nobility. Ironically women started wearing high heels around this time. Does this mean women are the new leisure class? One could make a case for that, but that's a whole different can of worms.

>Canacuck

Why are you applying modern standards to an historical culture?

That guy certainly had way more fun whoring and stabbing peasants than you'll ever have.

Europeans still look like a bunch of fags.

>posts a Canadian
European education smdh

Don't listen to this guy the nobility back then were just a bunch of raging queers. I can appreciate the manliness of thigh-high military boots and all but stuff like the OP's pic is undeniably just pure faggotry.

Because many forms of upper class male fashion back then is now worn only by females. Leggings, tights, high heels, facial makeup, etc.

america is a continent not a country you aspergers

Sounds like they were massive fruits

It's clear what he meant though.

There is no such continent as America.

>le America is not the USA meme
>calls others aspergers
America is not a continent, it's the short form for 'United States of America'. American is short for 'United States of American'.

North America is a continent. South America is a continent.

Also, Canadians and Americans are almost the same thing. Minor differences, a lot of overlap.

Nigga I look like a 5'4" version of Aaron Hernandez and I can't speak Spanish so I'm american as fuck niggggga and tbqhwyfam I don't look like that nigga bieber at all and none of my niggas do either.

If your haircut looks like you got it at a salon nigga you can't chill with me.

But I live in South FLA so idk if were technically america.

Yeah, what a bunch of fags those olden people were, not like us, modern males.

>before modernity
You what?

It was considered masculine to show your powerful Veeky Forums man legs, that why they wear the stockings.

>tfw no male makeup

I could get all the bitches with makeup.

>belt
>braces
>implying this isn't an attempt to look old fashioned and vintage.

>before modernity
>posts modern age aristocrat

Dude looks fucking fabulous.
Kill yourself, maybe !?

You look like a bunch of fags

>Why did Europeans before modernity look like a bunch of fags?
They dressed the way men are supposed to dress.

Blame this ridiculous butt-pirate for the decline of male fashion. He was a middle class social climber who infiltrated the upper echelons of early 19th century British society but could not afford to dress in the fabulous costumes expected of someone of rank. He got around this by convincing a few important royals that dressing in plain, conservatively tailored clothing was fashionable and thus changing the overall trend of the day to suit his limited means.

To make matters worse, Queen Victoria's prolonged mourning of her dead husband a few decades later made monochromatic dark-colored suits fashionable.

brummell was significant, but what he did didn't happen in a vacuum. the big factor here is difference between values of rentier elite (royalty, nobility, gentry) vs. bourgeois elite. rentiers are by definition idle and free to pursue moral/spiritual ideals. the bourgeoisie are by definition in work (even if very rich) and thus put a greater value on sobriety, rationality, etc. with the industrial revolution, the balance of power shifted significantly from the rentiers to the bourgeoisie.

>applying your modern cultural context to the past
How can you be this retarded?

chicano

>Modern Americans
>Posts a Canadian
Wew Lad

Bitch this is fabolous

>Implying this practice doesn't happen all the time and doesn't have a place in the study of history
I get that it's sensitive to the time, but from the lens of the 21st century he looks offly silly.

triggered

Being dressed funny didn't stopped him from ordering the killing of thousands of huguenots in a couple of days mind you.
They may be dressed like "fags", they'll kill you all the same.

>America is not a continent
>literally uses the meaning of USA as evidence for his own retardation

So tell me you little genius, why are the US not called the US of North America ?

Not even Canadian, so you can insult Biebs and them all you want, half-brain.