Is removing branding from clothing, if done cleanly, considered a faux pas?

Is removing branding from clothing, if done cleanly, considered a faux pas?

I hate huge logos, so I usually don't buy anything where it's too big or too visible, bit of i found a perfect item and I could cleanly remove it, is do it.

Do you think it's ever possible to remove say a patch from suede? Would the seam holes be obvious?

Given that you usually have to use stronger and larger needles to work with materials like leather or suede, the holes left from the stitching will be bigger compared to something like cotton or linen. I would advise against it based on that alone, but I've never done it myself.

The most retarded thread of the week prize.

How's that?

No, if you feel that the logo takes away from the piece, and removing it leaves it intact, then go for it.
I try and avoid buying anything with logos, kinda hard with some items, like shoes especially.

no, not at all

the tricky part is not fucking up the piece you're trying to improve; it's harder than you'd think to cleanly remove a logo or branding (and since you're trying to remove it you're probably going for a clean minimal look, not a fucked up diy job)

try to get someone that knows what they're doing to help you if you can't just find a similar unbranded piece

Thank you all, senpais!

They're your clothes do whatever the fuck you want

This is what i do.

Autism to the extreme. Actual autism.

Lol, how is autistic to not be a walking billboard?

take a note from Margiela

I don't wear clothing with branding, but my friend used to do this; remove patches from canada goose. margiela, etc

look at these guys that can't even imagine op's desire. now you know who is buying shit like bape.

I used to do this when i was a 16 year old massive hippie dweeb

its really not, i do it all the time for me and my boyfriend

for example i have a few woolly jackets from holister, theyre comfy as fuck and have lasted me over 3 winters but i look like a right twat with that tag at the front bottom of the jacket so i just take the stitching off, trim and burn any loose ends and thats that

I'll admit, I have a few pairs of cheap jeans, and I only remove those god awful brown tags from the back. Makes them look WAY better than before

I remove any visible branding.
I don't care about impressing people with how much I spent on a t-shirt, I only care about how it actually looks.

t. consumerist

>take a look at how margiela doesn't have visible logos
>my friend used to remove logos from margiela

what point are you trying to make

I used a hemcutter to remove this ugly Calvin Klein metal logo on my jacket and the tag on the side. It looks a lot better now desu.