I work at uniqlo. AMA

I work at uniqlo. AMA

whats ur job title and how much do u hate urself

A1 associate

I don't hate myself. I was in a bind for money and wanted a job I could acquire immediately instead of interviewin around.

Why do you think working at a cheap fast fashion brand is worthy of an AMA

how competitive was it to get the job ?

Where does uniqlo position itself on the market? What do they consider their immediate competitors?

Which store?

It didn't seem hard, my interview lasted like 7 minutes and it seemed like they had already made their decision to hire me. However I saw a lot of people at the open interview event that apparently didn't make the cut.

They are like the 3rd or 4th clothing retailer behind Zara and h&m. You can feel a direct competition with h&m, but maybe because it's next to my store and people wander in thinking they are at h&m and start asking for stupid shit we don't sell.

Answering this could potentially get me in trouble. I will leave it at I work at a flagship store.

Basics =/= fast fashion. Seeing People calling uniqlo fast fashion is the easiest way to spot people who know nothing.

how much discount do you get for buying their stuff?

>A1 associate
explain this, like what kind of job it is and what it requires etc etc

You're at the new Denver store, aren't you?

Denver isn't a flagship store, is it?

Not OP

30%

A1 is more like a rank than position and it's the first. It goes A(ssociate)1, A2, A3. Then you move into supervisor

Who knows. UNIQLO calls every slightly large store a flagship.

Ayy OP, you're working at Toronto aren't you

30%, but it doesnt apply to promotions
The first level of associate. Less authority and less responsibility. I fuck around and tell everyone I'm a manager tho cuz store culture is too uptight sometimes.
No
Ayy, what store u at? I have a feeling a dude I work with browses mu, but I'm too embarrassed to ask and find out he doesnt.
Close but no

What store do YOU work at? I doubt it's me because nothing I do at work would make me seem like I browse /mu/

Is working there bad, unpleasant etc? I saw someone posting about how working at Zara is awful a while ago.

What are the most worthy cops? I have a turtleneck and cords from the U collection thinking of getting a beige crewneck

As I only use online shop due to no flagship in my area (Germany), how would you rate UQ's customers considering fashion sense? I normally wear Undercover and Ann D, but even myself buy basics at Uniqlo because price/quality is great for what I need from them.

you work at the SF one

Can we use you as proxy to buy Qlo stuff cheaper?

you're in Chicago i already know
good job on the position, it's a great store and great city

They are Probably not you he has a joy division tattoo
They japanese culture is shoehorned into the company in ridiculously stupid ways, like phrases you are supposed to say to a customer that sound like some japanese guy got from Google translate. Lots of strict rules. The cleanliness of the store is held to an extreme standard which can be a bit exhausting. Some people automatically default to authority and the rules which can make work insufferable at times. Soundtrack is the same everyday. Other than that it's not pretty chill place with a lot of cool workers. I would recommend as long as you aren't a complete goof.
Alrism is nice. Socks and underwear last a long time. Just go for basics.
Lots of clueless foriegners, but i often see customers carrying around hermes shopping bags and I think wtf are you doing here
No
It doesn't work online and they would probably figure me out quickly.

Why did they change the sizes? Everything seems a size smaller now.

Why do my newly bought pants easily shrink now? The one I bought 2-3 years ago still retain their sizes.

>like phrases you are supposed to say to a customer that sound like some japanese guy got from Google translate.
oh god, examples please?

are their slippers really unisize as the websize suggests?

I went to the Denver store yesterday and it was full of dads and gooks. I was intriqued.

what's the best in-store job? The person that stands at the back of the line w/ the pole that says "Line ends here"?

is it easy to steal if you work there?

Quality went down, why?
Best pieces from Uniqlo are premium T-Shirt and Made in Japan denim.

Is it widely-known as the company's strategy among employees?

I also work at Uniqlo
AA1 Advance associate.
store#61 reporting in.

best in store job is being assigned to do everything, not too long, not too short, sales floor for 2 hours, and hour at cash wrap, greet for an hour (which sucks). process in the back for however long

>HELLO HOW ARE YOU TODAY?
>YES OF COURSE
>DID YOU FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR?
>THANK YOU FOR WAITING
>THANK YOU VERY MUCH
>WE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!

please explain why they redid the sizing and now everything fits fat manlets exclusively.

also why has the quality taken a shit

and do you have any knowledge of what the next collab will be

I think they sized things up for bigger americans but they shrink more easily now.
"Yes, of course"
They should have sizes
Do you mean easy or well payed?
Nope

Next collab will probably be with nintendo
But I knew that before I started working there

not OP but an AA (advance associate)
its a grading scale, ranking and stuff, the higher you are the higher the pay.

for me since i am promoted to AA from A3, im apart of the management team which required me to take a test and another interview with area managers and shit.
so as an AA i get a dollar fitty increase in pay
i get 13.50.
A(1-3)-AA(1-3)-division advisor-supervisor(1-3)-assistant manager-Manager-Store manager-area manager