Anybody have experience with buying a german army flecktarn parka? There is two different ones...

anybody have experience with buying a german army flecktarn parka? There is two different ones, a post and pre 2005 and i'm wondering which one turns out better after you dye it black. Could someone help?

Other urls found in this thread:

armyandoutdoors.co.nz/
mkistore.co.uk/product_details.php?range=Men_outerwear&product=1764
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LUVS08W/ref=pd_aw_vtph_468_tr_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R8H6NWSFW2NVC549VM2B
keepshooting.com/german-flecktarn-parka.html
militaryclothing.com/bundeswehr-german-army-flecktarn-parka.aspx?id=22638-606045-GR12&gclid=CjwKEAiAr4vBBRCG36e415-_l1wSJAAatjJZ7OJhkwT7fSkfTZte0-7koX58q5lhH82GWjHhhTBiJRoC6tXw_wcB&ad=75080675429
kommandostore.com/german-bundeswehr-flecktarn-parka/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah I have both and I dyed them both

The higher cotton blends dye better, they are also the older ones. I think there are actually 3 versions and the earliest early-mid 90s version dyes the best. I think the oldest ones have brass snaps instead of the plastic black ones. I dyed a recent one and it worked pretty well but there is definite brown tone which is okay for some but I fucking hate brown, I'm going to try it again with Dylon this time or track down an older one.

How did you dye them?

Also thinking of copping one. Do have to get a bigger size than my measurements to get a fit like pic related?

Not that guy but I have a 80 cotton/20 poly one that I dyed and it's very very black. The pattern is completely gone except for a spot on the pocket that you can't even make out unless you look close under super bright light.
I (sort of) used the stovetop method with 2 packs of iDye and 2 of iDye poly. I say sort of because I boiled a bunch of water then put it in a 5 gallon bucket because I didn't have a pot big enough to actually do it on the stove. I used dye fixative in the wash afterward too.

No. It's sized to be able to fit the liner underneath; besides, military clothing is oversized in general. Match the official size to your body measurements.

Looks sort of brown in this pic but it's very black in person.

I got mine to fit my size, chest circumferenfe qnd height, and as said; it leaves room for a liner or sweater under it.

Thanks for posting, been looking for experience with dyeing them.

Is there anyone non usa/euro who has bought one? I'm NZ and it's hard to justify shipping

Is there anyone non usa/euro who has bought one? I'm NZ and it's hard to justify shipping

w2c

theres a milsurp shop in k road auckland that sells them

Can you refer me to like a good tutorial video or give me like a step by step, also what brands should I buy for the dye? I want a lighter black like the pic above yours.

Just look up German army jacket flecktarn, click on first link

This is relevant to me, i need to re-dye my fav cap. I have really hard time finding a hat that matches my head structure. Im going crazy looking for a good cap, cant find one for my heda.

Not him but I've seen people recommend dylon. There should be instructions on the box.

Should I cop a parka if I'm 5'9" or just not even bother? serious question. Don't want to look like even more of a manlet.

Mine was done with Dylon machine dye. Just bung it in the washing machine with the dye, all the instructions are on the box.
Just make sure your parka is 80% cotton and 20% polyester, because if it's 100% or mostly, polyester it doesn't take the dye.

Depends on your width. If your shape ain't some lolsquare or plain fat, a parka should still work.
BTW what's 5.9 in meters?

Am europoor. Can only find my size on an us site. Is this thing worth the 30 buck shipping fee? Or does anyone know a good european site?

I'll take what is Amazon for 100 alex

Right. Thanks got one.
Am 6'0 and got it in large.

Just go to an armyshop, It's probably cheaper there.

there are several good sites in Germany to buy a Parka, but first you should deceide what you want: the old Parka (Olive/Grey) Original or Repro or the new Parka in spot camo.

I would suggest searching on Amazon.de and using the words BW or Bundeswehr Parka or Feldparka.

Bought one from amazon uk. They didn't have the BW size system so hopefully a large fits.

For the dylon, will I need their pre-dye and will just 1 box be enough?

Just ordered a pre-2005 gr6 and will probably overdye it lightly. Will report back if this thread isn't dead by then.
I can't wait to be a meme.

How much dylon for one jacket?

How tall are you?

how much

Not him but I'm a guy with a parka like this that turned out perfect. First I used one dye just to see how well it goes but it turned out really dark green with camouflage showing so I tried again with two dyes and it came out 100% black and perfect. Looks factory made.

armyandoutdoors.co.nz/

Does anyone know w2c pic related ty senpai

Also general military inspo thread.

170cm or so

mkistore.co.uk/product_details.php?range=Men_outerwear&product=1764

sold out senpai sorry

has anyone had success with Rit Dye? i used 5 packs of powder and one bottle, yet that fucker still isn't black

How is the quality for this jacket?
-How warm (w/ & w/out liner)
-How well water/snow resistant is this thing

I like the style, but I don't know if it'l be a worthwhile winter jacket for me. The area I live in is 15 deg f to -30 deg f in the winter

Is this suitable for dying
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LUVS08W/ref=pd_aw_vtph_468_tr_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R8H6NWSFW2NVC549VM2B

And is dying one of these the best/cheapest way to get this jacket style?

I mean they're German military equipment. So they're probably meant to last. They're usually unlined so you can wear them with whatever layers you want or alone. At -30 I'm pretty sure this won't cut it even with a liner.

Yes but make sure to read the most helpful review to figure out your sizing.

Need some tips on dyeing my flecktarn parka. Primarily on how to dye it just enough for it to be black, but with the pattern showing as a slight gray. Really don't want it to be a complete black like posted earlier in thread. Pretty much just exactly like pic related.

Looking for this too

I have one bottle of Rit at my disposal

I'm 5'11 with 42" shoulders and 37" chest. I ordered a GR.12

Did I fuck up? Will it be too big? I ideally want it to fit like this

I'm also very skinny if that's relevant

I'm too lazy too compare your stats and Gr numbers. These are cut oversized to allow for layering and liners. If you ordered TTS you'll probably get the look you want.

>no promises

keepshooting.com/german-flecktarn-parka.html
will this one do?

>I will never have proportions this good
if you're telling the truth, that is

Let us know how it fits if this thread doesnt die

Will do!
sh-shucks user

so does the flag patch resist dye or do you just stick some tape over it?

It'll work in that it's a parka with flecktarn camo but it's not the same make as in your pic related. I don't know the material composition of this one either. If its heavy on synthetics you're going to have to use a dye made for that synthetic.

>tfw helping others perpetuate this meme devaluing my own parka
Don't know how to feel about this.

From what I've heard you have to remove it and then put it back on if you want to keep it undyed

Wanting to dye it like this too, looks perfect

fuck really? how about this one militaryclothing.com/bundeswehr-german-army-flecktarn-parka.aspx?id=22638-606045-GR12&gclid=CjwKEAiAr4vBBRCG36e415-_l1wSJAAatjJZ7OJhkwT7fSkfTZte0-7koX58q5lhH82GWjHhhTBiJRoC6tXw_wcB&ad=75080675429
definitely appreciate the help by the way

The one picture in your link is the one you want. Whether they'll send you that exact one or not I'm unsure of. I'd definitely take a chance and buy it.

>in fact i already checked out my order before i replied to you

Here you are
kommandostore.com/german-bundeswehr-flecktarn-parka/

Remove patch before dye then reattach when done

I copped 1 and got it in a Gr 12 instead of the 7 I ordered, so then I said fuck it and bought a second and it came in the right size yesterday.

Anyone pull off the full camo look? Is it always better to dye it?

>tfw just ordered a parka whose minimum height requirement is one inch taller than I am
I'm going to look autistic, aren't I?

HAHAHAHAHA

Depends on what your jacket's specific camo pattern looks like, there isn't a whole lot of consistency when it comes to flecktarn but pre-2005 patterns will generally look more aesthetic.

Post your parkas and I'll r8 your specific pattern.

Why didn't you return the big 4 u one?

>Anyone pull off the full camo look?
Pic related

>fullsize runs everywhere
>thinks its a height requirement
I don't understand why half the things in this thread turned out the way they did.

A-user pls. How badly did I really fuck up?

It's not your fault, user
It's your father's bad seed

I wanted to give my money to an autist from Veeky Forums and he only had gr. 7 when I'm supposed to wear a gr. 2.

I'm 68" tall, so I thought that I might've been able to get away with it.
Do you think it'll be better for hanging myself with?

>tfw you bought the last gr. 6
Haha fuck you.
Return it and buy a gr. 2 here militaryclothing.com/bundeswehr-german-army-flecktarn-parka.aspx?id=22638-606045-GR12&gclid=CjwKEAiAr4vBBRCG36e415-_l1wSJAAatjJZ7OJhkwT7fSkfTZte0-7koX58q5lhH82GWjHhhTBiJRoC6tXw_wcB&ad=75080675429
Before I buy all of them too.

Will Gr. 7 really look that ridiculous on a 68" tall manlet? I want a serious answer

It will be around 5 inches longer than a Gr. 1-5 I suppose. If it's already shipped then there's no use worrying about it. When it comes put it on and see how it looks. If you don't like it return it.
I feel like I shouldn't have to advise you guys on this stuff.

Fuck, that actually sounds like it might look nice. I prefer parkas to at the very least cover my ass, but knee length can be pretty aesthetic.

Here's the one that fits~
Gonna send it to a friend I owe a favor to, he wanted to cop one.

Will consider your advice desu

Dye that shit, it looks gay.

Which shop did you purchase this one from?
I need to get an idea of which version flecktarn each of these places is sending out.
Also this is one of the versions you're gonna want to dye.

Yeah I was thinking the same as I looked at it. I got this from the Kommandostore with """"minimal"""" wear.
Would you like to see the other I got from the /k/ store?

Yeah go ahead, I'm assuming the one you just posted was post-'05?

Do you have a picture of a parka from there? I want to know what the camo pattern looks like.

Please don't tell me these are going to meme themselves out of favor

Maybe the hassle of dyeing will protect them

I should have just shitpost this thread.
>r/streetwear has overlap with Veeky Forums
What have I done?

im 5'11 and about 160 pounds, a grade 10 would probably be the best fit right?

Measure your chest nigger.

I used iDye and iDye poly (poly also dyes all the plastic bits and the zipper). Just follow the instructions on the box.

Also, if you want a lighter black the pattern is going to show through and you probably don't need to bother with iDye poly.

Actually it was supposed to be pre-'05.

Same goes for this one, it's marked as a Gr. 12

Those are definitely pre-2005 patterns.

im retarted but it looks to be about 38-39? gr 10 is like a 43

If those are your chest measurements then gr. 8 will fit perfectly.

I think I see the difference. The orange is a nasty rust, and the tan is a darker in pre-05 right?

Ivan and Boris are getting an angry e-mail.

pre '05 can look like a lot of things.

post '05 (pic related) will always look the same (like shit, though less shitty than the shittiest pre 05's)

>Ivan and Boris are getting an angry e-mail.
Doesn't really matter. They supply what they got. The only one that looks good out the gate is the super dark and saturated bundeswehr pictured at militaryclothing.com.

I might just go a grade 10 in case I fucked up the measurements, cant be that drastic right? thanks for the help

Go grab a noose you fucking retard.

How about I pry your trachea out with my knuckle, partner?

if it doesn't get caught in your massive fucking jacket lmaoo

I'll catch you in it too and give your manlet throat a good dicking, cowboy

Do you have to remove the german flags when you dye to make it look like this pic? Or are they made with a different material?

Yes, you have to remove them

Alright thanks!

So how to dye? Nobody answered the damn question

Two dylon washing machine dyes should do the trick if your parka is 80% cotton like mine. Read the thread fucker.

Don't go for this parka if you're living in Germany. Super try hard. Maybe American asians can pull it off, but better just not try.

I just bought one box. If you want it solid black you could try more but I'm unsure how well it would work due to that 20 poly
I'm 5'8

If you want it all black then you need poly dye and cotton dye.
It needs to be boiled with the jacket in it.
Usually you can combine the two dyes in the same pot and get away with one process.