Can you help me build a style around some themes/phrases I have in my head...

Can you help me build a style around some themes/phrases I have in my head? I'm looking for something scholarly and minimalist. Something smart, that says I'm intelligent and I'm probably studying when I'm not out. Right now I'm wearing lots of grey pants, plain sweatshirts, and either birks or derbies. At one time I only wore button ups, but I think I'm growing out of that into something less dressy, but still nice looking. I guess pic related is similar to what I'm going for but with different shoes maybe. I just want to look scholarly, maybe slightly messy, but you can tell I care about my appearance.

t;dr I guess looking for minimalist, smart stlyes. inspo pls

another example I guess?

I'm also looking for a haircut that fits with this style or aesthetic. maybe the same as the guy on the left here?

less formal than this, although I think this is similar to what I'm looking for in terms of the message it sends

bump I need inspo plox

Stephan Schneider

I know exactly what you're talking about, I go for the look you described too, although I don't really like that fit itself (brave attempt to make those shoes work in that colour way tho). This is a better looking example of it (especially the guy in the mid).

I would say the template for this is smart, comfortable and relaxed, but certainly not conservative or preppy. Loose pants, especially in wool and other natural fibres. Unpatterned knitwear, with equal focus on materials. Sweatshirts and hoodies can also work if they're paired with smart pants. Bonus points if they're characterful in some way (e.g. logos), so long as it's understated. Fleeces are also good. Trainers are an essential, especially retro trainers (although no stan smiths), as they act as a balancing counterpoint to the near-formality of the rest of the outfit. Skinny jeans are generally a no go, and lightwash denim is preferred (when denim is at all). Colours can be muted, though needn't be necessarily. You're kind of aiming for an understated and relaxed intersection of streetwear and formalwear. Also, good eyewear is a plus.

Post inspo of this pls Veeky Forums

Do that yourself faggot

thank you! with trainers, do you have any specific brands in mind? what you said about branding I also think is interesting. generally my style philosophy conflicts with the idea of branding but I would like to see something where it works. Do you have nay brands in mind for anything you mentioned?

>something that says I'm smart
>to fucking retarded to buy things that fit his aesthetic and taste
Fuck off

you are looking for cuckcore basically
tumblr has all you need

always liked their style.

some designer recommendations:
Norse Projects
Jil Sander
Our Legacy
Patrik Ervell
Margaret Howell

>Can you help me build a style

>Can you help me build a style

most pathetic thing I've read today, and boy is there a lot of election coverage

why are people so hateful

with trainers I'd say classic and vintage reeboks are a good example. I see what you mean on branding, I'm not sure on it myself but I think it can work if, as I said, it's not too gaudy or overbearing. Pic related is the first example I could think of.

This is a good brand list. I would add to it -for pants, mainly- yohji, cdg, and issey miyake

can loafers work with this style?

Whoops forgot pic

Also vintage adidas work

probably too preppy

Love it or hate it, cos really sells this look - in terms of colour palette, relaxed fit, etc

I'm sorry to hurt your feelings

Why are you fucking stupid

He's just prompting discussion my dude, sorry if that triggers your autism

>that pinroll
what did he mean by this?

I dig this style my dude. Have you checked out much comfycore or 90s inspo? A lot of that stuff seems like it might be up your alley.

Looks too loose to be a pinroll.
Maybe regular cuff on tapered pants.

I suppose that what I am saying is that it looks bad

this pic is too out-there for this style imo

No he's asking to be spoonfed
Post inspo =/= let's discuss Craig Green

but a discussion has been created in this thread, has it not?

Yeah about how much of a dickhead you are

>something smart, that says I'm intelligent and I'm probably studying when I'm not out

Boy I can see where you're going and I even dig it a bit, but oh ain't you a huge fucking faggot

Not even him, but you're autistic af. Keep replying.

because its cool xD faggot nu male cuck

>not even him
Sure pal
Fuck off to wherever you came from

stop trying so hard
just wear what's natural

Jaws is good inspo

HAVING FUN
ISN'T HARD
WHEN YOU HAVE A LIBRARY CARD

No no no no no no no no no no no

Am out, hope youcould use something OP. You were pretty vague so idk

w2c glans-coloured shoes

they're acne (who else?)

>t;dr I guess looking for minimalist, smart stlyes. inspo pls
you're a stereotype. just go onto one of the waywt threads, it'll be like looking into a mirror.

i highly recommend a) graduating from high school and b) developing your own interests and tastes

g
gogoboba
b
boab
asba
oaa
a
a
a

aa

what

w2c trousers like that for

bump

w2c this entire fit

>scholarly and minimalist
Wow how totally not trite

what outerwear works best here?

Fleeces, puffers

really? seems too preppy

nahhhhh senpai puffers especially are streetwear

outerwear is a key area where you can intersect near formality with street sensibility in this style

bump for inspo

bamp