Let's talk about piggybacking on famous ancient people with little to no historical evidence. In other words...

Let's talk about piggybacking on famous ancient people with little to no historical evidence. In other words, who WUZ your countrymen, Veeky Forums?

Scythianz n shiet here.

We wuz Sapa Incas and the Sons of the Sun n' shiet.

Like that?

Let me guess..Hungarian? Turkish?

My history teacher unironically believed that Odoacer was Slavic, and therefore Russian.

The Philippines - being an artificial collection of Chinese/Spanish halfbreeds and austronesian natives have a lot of these, depending on the person.
>Rich Mestizos
WE WUZ NOBLES BACK IN SPAIN N SHIET.
>Nationalist Filipinos
WE WUZ CIVILIZED N SHIET
alternatively
DAS RIGHT, WE WUZ PACIFIC ISLANDERS N SHIET.

WE WUZ FRISIANS

This glorious bastard

Fun fact: the Batavian rebellion took place at roughly the same time as the Jewish wars did

Ukrainian.

Oh yeah, forgot about you guys. I thought it was WEWUZ SARMATAI N SHIET? Like with the Poles.

Were Nazis the biggest WUZers of all time?

Yes, but that was more popular back in the day, especially among cossacks since being related to Bible age people was prestigious. Now it's mostly Scythians because they're older, they defeated Persians, they're mentioned by Greeks and some people really can't handle the fact that Slavs are relatively young peoples.

Nah, countries who base their whole existence onf WUZ were.

Modern Macedonia for example.

>little to no historical evidence
does not compute

We Wuz Franco-Frisian mongrel who has only lived among nethersaxons his entire life

I'm so many different things it's hard to actually unpack it all
for the Chinese it's more of a WE WUZN'T than WE WUZ
WE WUZN'T MONGOLZ etc

I thought Chinese consider Genghis Khan to be a great Chinese emperor.

Genghis? Nah, one of his sons perhaps.

Who were actually mostly Saxons!

No seriously like people from father away made no distinction between Saxons and Frisians and some English lad writing in the decades after the Migration Period said the chiefly settlers of England were Angles and Frisians

I'm actually from the part of Frisia which has a Saxon dialect

WE WUZN'T BRITS

We wuz Lusithanians and shiet.

WE WUZ PUNNITES N SHIT

WE WUZ GOD'S LAND N SHIT

We wuz iberians, celts, celtiberians, greeks, phoenicians, visigoths, arabs n shiet.

The Catholics of N.Ireland who have an Irish national identity are mostly descended from the native Gaelic population, hence why they they mostly have Irish surnames. It would be fair to say they are nt Brits

Farmers, soldiers, statesmen.

The usual.

>Ukrainian and Poles
>Scythians or Sarmatians

Perhaps a tiny part of the population is descended, certainly not the majority.

Thats why you guys are Slavic and not Iranic. Actual descendants of Alan's, Sarmatians, and Scythians are Ossetians and other smaller groups in the Caucasus and Mongol hybrids to the East (when the Persians drove them out of the steppe)

Not WE WUZ, but there is strong WE WUZNT VIKINGS AND SHEET meme here, claiming Rurik was a Slav, Rus' people were proto-Russians who spoke slavic and Scandinavians has nothing to do with the creation of the Russian State in 9-10th centuries.

Illyrians n shiet here.
Or Dalmati.
Or Slavs.
Or Goths.
Or Iranians.
Who da fuck knows.

Saxons

WE WUZ FREEDOMZ N SHIEET

MUH MANIFEST DESTINY

Proud Lusitanian here.
Remember Viriatus, never 5get

That's a weird sword. If I'm looking at it correctly it's basically a reverse saber?

Çailendra.

Seriously, some respected archaeologist & historian rejection of their foreign origin is embarassing.

Being from Northern Italy, it seems in my eyes too many fucking lega nordists want to act like they Wuz celts now this wouldn't be so bad if I was from Lombardy and this had some semblance of far off proof, however I am an Istrian an area that was never Celtic

Ireland here, WE WUZ galicians an sheeit,

Scythian too, depending how many layers of British lies you have to uncover with your pineal gland

People actually want to be galicians? I thought that was propaganda by the Brits to call micks niggers?

Genghis Khan = Barbarianigger Conqueror.
Kubilai Khan = Cultured, Civilized Mongol Khan turned Yuan Emperor who brought an end to major wars in China ever since the late 1100's.

It was his grandson Kublai Khan, niggah, how can you not know this?

It's mythological history from a few centuries ago.

We iz Slavs
We iz Germans
We wuz (Medieval) kings
We wuz >Holy >Roman >Emperors
We wuz Celts
We wuz Papa Cech whose brothers were Lech and Rus

>Norwegian American
we wuz vikings, world explorers, fierce warriors

Falcata. I want to buy one so bad.

WE WUZ PILGRIMS AND SHEEEIT

As someone who's been able to track down an ancestor - an honest-to-god, actual pilgrim father (not a puritan or a stranger) who boarded in Leiden - on my father's side who settled in Plymouth Bay in 1626 (thanks for the DAR papers, grammy) and another on my mother's side who shows up in the same place in 1648 I find it kind of amusing when people take so much pride in their family coming here in the second half of the 19th century.

They are documented as fuck and they literally still exist.

I hate this board.